SHOWNU - 2

MONSTA X Oneshot Requests [REQUEST IS NOW CLOSED!]

Requested by: Tao-tao

OC name: Lim Geo 

By: thedreamerrr

This took so long, (along with the rest of the requests) I'm so sorry!! My studies ended a couple of weeks ago but I'm still a little busy... 

And I'm sorry if this wasn't good enough, my writing skill has gone rusty already :(


The sound of the car honk made Geo jumped up instinctively from the sofa of her living room. With quick goodbyes to her parents and younger brother, she dashed over to the black car that was waiting for her.

The side window was slide down, revealing a male with good-looking face and cute plump lips smiling widely at her.

“I thought you were going to be late” She spoke, her lips formed a smile along with his. The male shook his head, unlocking the car door as she got nearer.

“You said you had to do something for your project before you class starts, right?”

She nodded, closing the car door. “But this is too early, Shownu” She mentioned, a little suspicious at his act. She heard him chuckle awkwardly, stepping on the gas to drive, ignoring her statement.

“You’re so obvious, Shownu” She huffed quietly, aware of her best friend’s strange behavior. She eyed him, before facing front. Something’s definitely up…

The drive was rather quieter than usual, especially when Shownu barely focusing on the road. His fingers kept fiddling with the GPS on the car, which Geo found it more suspicious.

“What are you doing?”

“N-Nothing”

“I don’t think it’s nothing, Shownu” She said, “Aren’t we going to uni?”

“About that…” Shownu stopped his car at an empty space beside the road, his fingers were still fiddling with the GPS and then to his phone.

Geo raised her right eyebrow, waiting for him to explain the whole different route he was taking. Shownu his dry lips before he managed to look at her.

“I have to pick up someone else”

“Someone else?” Geo asked back, definitely confused. Shownu had never picked up anyone besides her, since the day he knew how to drive. Besides, if it was one of his friends, he wouldn’t had acted this nervous.

“Who?” She asked again, before he could even answer her previous question.

“This girl… that I’ve been dating”

She could feel herself stopped breathing a second, shocked over his sudden statement. How could she not knew about this, when he was practically with her twenty-four seven?

She snapped herself from the shock but was still agape. Who wouldn’t? When her shy best friend was finally talking to other girls beside her?

“So wait, you’re actually dating?” She saw him nodding hesitatedly, rubbing his neck at the same time.

“Wow” She mumbled, still looking disbelief. “So you were going to pick her up, right?” She slowly processed in her head, waiting for Shownu to reply.

“Well, yes” He muttered, enough for her to hear.

Geo smiled warmly looking at her best friend, “Let’s go then”

Shownu blinked, feeling a little confused. “Go where?”

She chuckled, before pointing at the GPS. “To pick up your girlfiend, you silly boy” She said, shaking her head at how clueless he looked.

He formed a weak laugh, scratching his head. “Well technically she’s not my girlfriend yet” He explained, starting the engine again. A playful grin appeared on her face as Shownu looked at her.

“What?” He asked.

“You said yet” She stated, “It means she’s going to be your girlfriend, Shownu”

She heard nothing from him but a small tint of blush appeared on his cheeks, making her see a different side of him.

He fell for her that deep… Her grin still remained, but couldn’t help to feel a little emptiness filled her heart.

 

A tall figure with long silky hair female greeted her as she entered the car. She sat beside Shownu, on the passenger seat where Geo willingly suggested that she should sit at the back.

She didn’t want to interrupt any lovely dovey scene between the two lovebirds, she had told that exactly to Shownu. He yet again blushed, muttering nothing from his lips.

“I heard a lot of things about you, Geo” The female had a soft and delicate voice, which Geo figured that Shownu had always liked that kind of voices.

“You did?” She answered, eyeing Shownu that seemed nervous. “Did he say anything bad stuff about me?” She playfully asked.

“I didn’t say anything bad, okay” Shownu replied, before the female could answer. “I didn’t even talk about you a lot” He mumbled off, trying to focus on driving.

The female let out a light chuckle, “Everything he told me was nice things” She reassured, turning her head to look at Geo.

Geo smiled, which slowly faded when she saw something from the female’s eyes.

Was it anger?

She tried to force another smile while the female let out another laugh as she faced front again. “Shownu, do you think you could accompany me to the gym later?”

“I have to accompany Geo to the library later –”

“It’s okay” Geo said, a little too loud, looking at Shownu. He stared at her through the front mirror, “But you said it was important –”

“I said it’s okay, Shownu” She gave a signal indicating his girlfriend would be a better choice to be accompany with. He understood, giving a wary look, before nodding.

“Then I guess I’ll go to the gym”

The female beside him smiled, “Gym is more fun than the library anyway” She continued, gaining a dead silent from Geo and Shownu.

Geo bit her lips, looking down on her feet as she heard the sentence. It wasn’t that she was angry; it was more of the sadness.

It would have been an exaggeration to call a library as a second home, but for her, it was her second home. She had spent most of her time there, studying and just reflecting about life. It was peaceful, and simply calming.

Shownu knew how Geo felt about being in the library. The fact that he had met her for the first time was at a library during middle school. It was funny, how a rising athlete would suddenly appear in a library to bump into a girl who turned out to be best of friends with.

Like as if fate had played in.

His lips formed a smile, reminiscing the past, only to be awake by giggles from his dating partner.

“See, Shownu agrees” She had misunderstood his act, which he panicked to see Geo who changed her expression to gloomy.

“W-What?”

“You’re so funny, Shownu” The female said, touching his arm slightly as he grew embarrassed. “Sorry, I was just –”

“Daydreaming, again?”

“Yes” Shownu replied, suddenly feeling fluttered at how the female knew him already. He smiled shyly, slowly forgetting the girl behind them.

 

The three of them hopped off the car, as Geo quietly slings her bag on her shoulder. Shownu’s smile never left him as he kept looking at his soon-to-be girlfriend.

“I’m just going to go” Geo mumbled, trying to escape quickly. Shownu snapped his thoughts, finally realizing his best friend almost leaving him.

“Hey, Geo” He called her, making her turn around unwillingly.

“Where’s our usual handshake?”

Geo walked towards him, grumpily before hitting his fist and shake his hand. Shownu smiled along with his eyes, oblivious over the upset female beside him.

“I’ll pick you up later” He said, patting Geo’s head lightly.

“Sure” Geo answered, removing his hand quickly. She felt the glare by the other female, as she tried not to make any misunderstanding.

 

 

Geo waited. 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 30 minutes.

“It’s been an hour…” She said to herself, trying to shake off the disappointing thought in her head. Shownu wasn’t the type to do that, he never left me without saying anything… , her mind wandered again.

But when the sky darkened, sun had set and rain started to pour down, she finally realized that he might have forgotten about her.

“He must be still in the gym” She reasoned positively, only to feel sadness rushed into her heart. Her steps headed towards the bus station, turning around one last time to see if Shownu would come.

“He’s busy with his girlfriend, Geo,” She muttered, “I’m glad” Her lips formed a weak smile, gripping tightly onto her bag before running under the rain.

 

That night Shownu had texted her an apology for being forgetful, that he was with his new girlfriend in the gym. She reassured him it was fine after he called her again to ask if she was alright. Her voice was a little softer than usual, which she desperately tried to end the chat quickly.

“Okay, for the last time, are you really fine?”

“Yes, Shownu, I am fine”  was starting to hurt as she continued to talk. Her head was spinning, as she lied back on her bed. “I’ve got to go, I have some assignments to do” She told him, which was a lie, she didn’t want him to get worried about the fever she had gotten by the heavy rain.

“Okay then,” His wary voice spoke through the phone, “Just call me if you need anything”

“I will”

Each phone call she made, they were getting shorter and shorter because he was with his girlfriend most of the time. It wasn’t like Geo was jealous; she simply felt she was slowly getting abandon.

She had never had close friends beside Shownu, who had stayed with her through the good and bad times. If she was to thank only to one person in the world, it would be Shownu. He was like a brother that she could ever ask for, a friend that she cherished so much and a person she wouldn’t want to lose.

But as days had passed, it hit her. Did Shownu feel the same way as she did to him? Was she now just a side character of his life after he had found the female lead of his dreams?

Geo was back at the library again, alone for the past three weeks. She had been busy with studies; the workload had made her stressful. She needed the calm and peace, but the overthinking of people slowly taking advantage of her work was too much.

She always had Shownu to comfort her before she could break down; he would tell her that it was part of life, that everything would be okay at the end of the day.

She believed him, no matter how illogical he went off about his advices, it made her think that someone actually cared about her. It was something she was thankful of him.

But that day, when everything suddenly crashed on her, she cried for the first time in the library. There wasn’t any soft pat on her back or a soft hum of a song from Shownu to calm her down anymore. She was alone now, trying to bring herself back up.

A short notification from her phone made her jolted up in surprise as she wiped her tears in a hurry, when she saw Shownu’s name.

Geo, I’m sorry…  

She held her breath, her tears falling down yet again.

I can’t meet you anymore… She said it was for the best…

Her grip on her phone loosened slowly, trying to calm her breaking heart.

I love her so much, Geo… please understand.

She covered her face with her arms as her head lied on the table. Her soft whimper of sadness filled the empty library, barely wiping her tears.

I always called him when I needed him… Her mind spun, her head was talking to herself.

But he never called me…

Because he didn’t need me anymore.