KIHYUN - 3

MONSTA X Oneshot Requests [REQUEST IS NOW CLOSED!]

Requested by: beautiful-solo

OC name: Lee Daeun

By: thedreamerrr


Kihyun opened the door of the car, revealing a beautiful lady wearing a red dress. His lips smiled along with his eyes, looking at her in awe.

“Did you manage to book a table?” The lady asked, her eyelashes flashes prettily.

“Of course, baby” He soothed, his arm wrapped around her waist. The woman gave a smile back to him, before they start to walk together into the high class restaurant.

Kihyun glared the hunger eyes that were looking at his girlfriend as he quickly protected her by holding her tighter. The woman didn’t mind the eyes that were looking at her, she felt good and beautiful, she knew it all too well.

“Can you not reveal yourself too much?” Kihyun’s smile faded, eyeing his girlfriend’s cleavage and legs. But he saw no concern in her eyes, instead it was greed.

“But Kihyun darling, don’t you want to show them you have me as your girlfriend?” She purred near his ear, making him frown. It wasn’t like he wasn’t proud to have such a beautiful girlfriend; it was that she wanted to show the rest of the men that she was beautiful when it was only for him to see.

“I can’t let those men drool because of your appearance, you’re mine only –”

“I know, Kihyun, I am all yours” She winked, making her way to their seat gracefully. He looked at her, still frowning at how calm she was. She was definitely different from his… wife. Ex wife.

“Kihyun, what are you doing there?” His girlfriend snapped him from his thoughts, her happy expression looked too fake in his eyes for the first time ever. Had her happy expression been faked all this time? His mind wandered for a short while before he headed to his seat.

“You’re embarrassing me, Kihyun” She said, lightly slapping his arm with a cheerful face. Kihyun’s nose scrunched in irritation all of the sudden, like as if she was being a pest for him. He tried to stay calm by sipping his wine, but the bitter taste added in his bitter thoughts.

“I saw you, Kihyun, with that woman” The sweet voice in his mind replayed once more. The pain in her voice still haunted him, the screams, the tears. It was still clear in his head.

“Why did you do it?” Her cries became louder when he didn’t bother to answer her other questions. He was drunk, and also a fool, a fool that thinks one love was never enough. He smirked, still trying to maintain his drunken posture.

“I needed love, Daeun, I needed so much love that yours were just lacking” He sloppily said, approaching her slowly. She went silent, but her tears were still falling. Those words were killing her so badly that arguing back with Kihyun was useless. He wouldn’t even want to listen to her because she had always been lacking to him.

“See, Daeun? No men cheats without a reason, because there will always be a reason” He explained, grabbing her chin roughly. She hissed in pain, pushing him off her quickly.

When he woke up the next day, remembering what had happened, his body led him to the living room where he saw a letter on the coffee table. It was the last letter from Daeun, and it was about their divorce. Who would have thought the perfect Yoo Kihyun in everyone’s eyes was going to divorce with the woman who he had been for 4 years?

When they had gotten the divorce papers two years ago, and officially no longer husband and wife, Kihyun felt different. It wasn’t emptiness, it wasn’t excitement either. And he never did understand what he had felt that time.

“Kihyun, are you okay?” The faked voice interrupted him, making him flinch a little. He nodded immediately and looked at the food that was already served on the table. The food didn't looked appetizing anymore to him with the presence of the woman he barely knew anymore.

“I’m fine” He said, looking at her. She was the reason why he and Daeun had the divorce. Daeun was plain, moderate and the woman in front of him right now was exciting, dangerous… or was he just blinded by her beauty?

“Darling, eat up, everyone is looking at us – well, mostly me” She was being infatuated by the growing attention by the men. Kihyun was getting tired, too tired to deal with her anymore. Wasn’t he enough for her? All she needed was his love, his one and only love –

His mind flashed back to the day he had said to Daeun. God, he was an idiot to hurt her like that. To make her cry in pain because of him.

“Kihyun, I think you should get some fresh air, you don’t look so charming right now –” The woman yet again snapped him off his mind, with her rich words from her fake worried expression. Kihyun was done with her and he knew what he was going to do.

“Be back soon, Kihyun –” The woman chimed, when she saw him standing up from his seat. Kihyun stared at her in disgust when her eyes were already shifted to the men. He sighed under his breath, making his leave.

“I won’t be back” He coldly told her, making her looked at him quickly. Her smile faded, turning into an angry frown.

“Kihyun darling, what are you talking about?” Her eyes looked at him dangerously, her lips tried to force a smile. He smirked, crossing his arms.

“You don’t need me here when you have these erted men that just wants to get you in bed with them” He spat angrily, his eyes showed no care about her anymore. His feet moved towards the exit, ignoring the woman’s desperate call for him.

 

Yoo Kihyun wasn’t that stupid to actually find Lee Daeun after he left the restaurant. He knew she wouldn’t want to see him after these years, and to think that she might have found another guy after the years was making him doubt the whole plan to meet her again.

But he wouldn’t be surprised if she did meet another guy, when he left her heartbroken, she would have needed another guy to save her heart.

The flashback haunted him again as he entered his apartment quietly, the apartment where he used to share with Daeun. He never really did recall any of that awful memory till that day. It was finally killing him for doing that dumb move.

His hand worked faster than his mind when he saw the phonebook on the table at the corner. He held his breath when he flipped through the pages. His finger pointed carefully down a certain page, eyeing the company that she probably still worked in.

“Hello, I’m looking for Lee Daeun?” His sentence sounded like a question than a demand, obvious that he was nervous. The line stayed quiet for a few seconds before he heard a few voices at the background.

“She’s busy right now, and it’s pretty late for someone to call us, Mr. – what’s your name?” A male voice answered him professionally.

“Mr. Yoo” Kihyun replied, his heart was beating fast.

“Mr. Yoo?” The voice sounded confused, like as if he figured out something, and it worried Kihyun.

“Will she be free tomorrow then?” He quickly changed the topic, with his stuttering voice. Again, it was silent before the male came back to him.

“Yes, she will be free at 11 am, do you want me to set you an appointment with her, Mr. Yoo?” The voice asked him, before he said yes immediately. The call ended when the male repeated the appointment time and place, and it seemed too easy for Kihyun to get one.

But that didn’t matter anymore. What matters was what in the world was he going to say to her?

 

 

Kihyun never knew time moves so fast till the moment he stepped into Daeun’s company. It was near 11 am when he went to the elevator, going to her office. His palms were sweating too much as he tried to loosened his anxiety.

The elevator door opened when he reached the office’s destination, as he slowly stepped out of it. He went towards the main reception, seeing a male behind the table. He had quickly assumed that he was the male he talked to yesterday.

“Um, excuse me”  He managed to grab the attention of the busy male with papers, his face suddenly turned in horror when he saw a familiar face.

“So you’re the Mr. Yoo?” No wonder Kihyun had felt this similarity of a voice yesterday, and he had totally forgotten the existence of Daeun’s best friend working with her.

“Minhyuk” Kihyun tried to regain his composure, sternly saying the name of the male. Minhyuk let out a small chuckle, before shaking his head. He moved his roller chair to the end, dialing a button before eyeing him again.

“Daeun, Mr. Yoo is here” He mentioned. Kihyun raised his eyebrows in confusion, how could Minhyuk looked so calm when his best friend’s ex-husband just came all of the sudden? Kihyun was definitely surprised by himself.

Minhyuk hung up the phone, looking at him with a serious look.

“She doesn’t know who the hell is coming, but please don’t screw up again” Minhyuk’s tone sounded like he was annoyed but most of all, it sounded like he knew what Kihyun was going to do.

Kihyun stared at the male in silence, vice versa, before he left towards the office.

 

 

“Come in” The voice he realized he had missed so much spoke through the wooden door, as he took a deep breath opening it.

Daeun was backfacing him when he entered, her hands were busy looking at the fabrics that were lying on the table. Kihyun was lost at his words when he finally saw her after two years, she had a different aura than before, more stronger, more elegant. It was making him feel suffocating in the room.

Daeun turned around, her eyes were still focusing on the fabric before she looked up with a smile that slowly faded when she saw Kihyun in her office. Never would she thought the man that cheated on her would come to her office all dress up, not drunken anymore, looking like as if nothing happened between them.

That didn’t stop the fact that she couldn’t mutter any words from when he gave her the longing eyes that she had forgotten already.

She was about to hit the button on the phone for security, she had panicked seeing his presence and it was also the first choice in her mind to do. If she knew he was coming, he wouldn’t even get into her office by now.

But her hand trembled, when she felt the familiar touch. Kihyun’s hand had stopped her halfway from her phone, only to make her flinched in surprised.

“What are you doing here?” She asked him, her eyes looked intensely at him. Kihyun stood still, his hand grabbed her arm tighter, feeling a rush of anxiety again, but he had to be strong for this. He had to be strong to get her back.

“I need to talk to you, about us –” He explained, dragging her away from her desk. His eyes never left hers, and tension was slowly filling the room.

“There is no us anymore, Kihyun” She corrected him angrily, upset, she had the rights to cut him off.

“Listen, Daeun” He let out a desperate sigh as he let go of her arm. “I’m sorry for cheating on you –”

“Can you please not do this?” She cut him again, a little softer. The moment he had mention her name from his lips, she knew she had missed him, still. And it was scaring her.

“I need to do this, Daeun, I need you back in my life” Kihyun said, as he closed his eyes. Daeun looked at the man, with her eyes filled with hurt.

“I’m sorry for being an idiot, a cheater and so much more, Daeun – I’m so so sorry” He spoke again, as he opened his eyes. His voice sounded so sincere, so genuine, it was far from the Kihyun she knew two years ago.

“Please, I just need a second chance” He added, his hands gently held hers, making her jolt up in shock a little.

Daeun's heart was beating so fast in her chest. It was like back to square 1 again, the familiar feeling of connection, but stronger. But she couldn’t just let him do this, appearing back into her life all of the sudden. It was too much for her to handle, and it wasn’t in her plan at all.

“Kihyun, you did the worst thing in a marriage, do you know that?” Her voice struck out in professionalism. She was always right; he knew that since the day he met her. She had always been right, that it made him become weak.

“It was a painful process, Kihyun, to get back to the normal again after the divorce” She explained, her eyes showed coldness.

“I wasn’t like you, Kihyun, already had other woman in line for you, I had no one after you left,” She continued, telling him the truth from all these years.

Kihyun stayed quiet, his heart was filled with guilt and hurt. He didn’t know what had happened to her two years ago, because he was a jerk. An ugly jerk that didn’t appreciate what he had given.

“So do you think I would give you a second chance, after two years of not seeing each other?” Daeun spat, removing his hands away from her harshly.

“Daeun, please –” He was begging for her already, he may looked pathetic there, but no way in hell would he leave the place without her in his life again.

“I was wrong to do that stupid mistake, I swear to God, I hated myself for doing it” He tried to explain, but her body started to move away from him. He was losing, but he couldn’t just let that happen just yet.

“When you left,” He spoke again, softly, seeing Daeun’s feet halting. She was listening to him, and he needed to speak fast.

“I thought I would feel the freedom, the excitement but I didn’t, it was far from it” He continued, his lips were blurting out words he had never expected to say.

“I couldn’t understand what I had felt that day, but now I know” His eyes looked at her back, wanting her to turn around so he could see her beautiful face again.

“I felt lost, Daeun, I felt so lost without you” He said, his heart was feeling ease when he had told her what he had hidden.

“I thought I could live peacefully with the other woman but when I figured she was just using me, I finally felt that slap of reality, Daeun” He choked; he hadn’t realized that he was starting to have tears in his eyes. He clenched his fist tightly, hoping that she would look at him again.

“And the flashback of us kept on haunting me and –” He said, before pausing to catch his breath.

“I just need you back in my life, Daeun, please” A tear fell down on his cheek when he finally saw her turning around.

She was crying over his confession, his stupid confession that actually made her feel like the worst person alive.

“I hate you so much, Yoo Kihyun” She sobbed, her hands wiping her tears angrily. Kihyun had always an effect on her, whether she wanted it or not. It was like she wasn't being let to move on from him, despite the ugly incident. But that had been the past, and it was scaring herself when she made a bold walk towards him.

Kihyun looked at the woman who began walking closer to him, before she jumped onto him for a hug. His heart beat went pounding hard immediately against his ribcage, taking in her sweet scent that was still the same when the day she met him.

Daeun was a fool to actually hug him, when she was despising him few minutes ago. But she couldn’t help but to believe the words Yoo Kihyun had just said. It could possibly be the dumbest move to do, but hugging him there just felt so right.

“Are you giving me the second chance?” Kihyun asked breathless, as he tighter his arm around her waist.

“I’ll think about it” She replied. “I just wanted to hug you, that’s all” She added with a hint of playfulness as her head laid on his chest again.

Kihyun smiled warmly, feeling the embrace that he had missed so much. He knew she was actually going to still think about the second chance, but he wouldn’t mind if it would take forever or not, because he also knew that she was going to be in his life again.


This was requested by beautiful-solo! I hoped you enjoyed reading it! :) Thank you for requesting and please do comment what you think of it!