I.M - 4

MONSTA X Oneshot Requests [REQUEST IS NOW CLOSED!]

Requested by: reginadjww

OC name: Yoon Gina 

By: thedreamerrr

I'm so sorry for the long, very long wait! I've been busy with my other stuff so I barely have the time to write. I'm sorry once again!


“Changkyun, are you sure we’re doing this… again?” Gina held Changkyun’s arm softly, her expression showed fear.

Changkyun nodded. His gaze towards her always made her feel calm, peaceful; like how she always liked it.

“My parents have to accept us no matter what, Gina” He said, as his hand grabbed a hold of her hand on his arm. Slowly, he intertwined their fingers together securely.

She smiled weakly, looking at their hands before looking back at him.  “Okay” She softly answered, holding his hand tighter.

Changkyun held the door knob, looking at her once more before opening the door slowly.

The quiet house made Gina a little worried, especially when it was the third time she came into the house. It wasn’t usually like this; Changkyun had told her that during the first time he brought her to his parents. The quietness had meant the parents had known she was coming.

The anxiety creeping inside her more, because she wasn’t there as his girlfriend anymore, instead she was now his fiancée.

“Changkyun, are you sure about this?” She whispered to him, her tone went off scared and insecure. She saw Changkyun nod lightly, still bringing her somewhere, which she knew it was the living room.

Her eyes looked around the empty big hall. It was the third time yet she was still in awe of the house, the spotless house with big portraits and antiques. It was far from how her own house looked like, and it was one of the reasons why Changkyun’s parents didn’t allow them to be together.

Changkyun came from a rich background, even though he had always tried to stay low as possible about his life, people around him always managed to figure them out. The father being a well-known CEO of Seoul Hospital while the mother as the founder of SHW Fashion Clothing, it was impossible to not get recognized that easily.

Gina was the opposite of him; a middle class family, with an average house. She thought she would be enough for his family but she was wrong, because social status matters the most.

“I don’t want you to be with Changkyun anymore” Changkyun’s mother once told her, when they were alone in the kitchen. Gina was surprised, scared. She was welcomed with a cold stare from his mother and it had pushed her at the edge.

How could she possibly be apart with Changkyun, the guy that she had always find happiness with?

“I – I can’t do that” She tried to say confidently, but her shaky voice meant otherwise. She heard a loud tsk from the older woman as her arms were crossed angrily.

“Changkyun needs a better woman, Gina, not a girl that barely has enough money to buy proper clothing” Changkyun’s mother spoke harshly, eyeing Gina coldly.

“Hey?” Changkyun softly nudged Gina’s arm, his touch made her came back to reality. She finally looked at him again and smiled weakly.

“Everything is going to be alright” He said again. She nodded once, feeling his hand gripped tightly onto hers.

 

He brought her inside the big living room quietly, seeing his parents sitting on the couch. The presence of his parents made Gina felt suffocated. It was terrifying, yet she couldn’t just back down that easily, when she was about to prove the love between her and Changkyun couldn’t be separated.

“Mom, dad” Changkyun called the elders, which had turned around immediately upon hearing their son’s voice.

It wasn’t a surprise when they had a cold expression the moment their eyes landed on Gina. She knew that would happen, the dead silence, the harsh reality slapping her once again.

“Why is she here, Changkyun?” His mother asked, her voice sounded angry and irritated.

“We want to talk to you both” Changkyun answered, his defense wall for Gina was strong. He pulled her nearer to his parents, bringing her to sit down across them.

Gina stayed quiet, her head hanging low. The judgmental eyes from his mother was eating her alive, and she hated how weak she was at that moment.

“I’ve told you to not be with her anymore, Changkyun –”

“I know, mom” Changkyun cut his mother off, his tone sounded upset. He was tired of his parents wanting someone better for him, when he already found the perfect one for him.

“And I want to apologize,” He continued, “that I can’t give what you both wanted”

“Mom, dad, this is my life –”

A loud slap flew back beside Changkyun as his eyes widened in shock. His head turned to look at the woman he loved deeply being slapped and hurt.

“Im Changkyun, don’t you dare bring up the whole ‘this is my life’ talk” His mother yelled, her eyes were burning in anger.

“Do you think that my career didn’t get humiliated, after this unworthy older girl became your girlfriend?” She yelled once more, her hand brought nearer to Gina’s face.

“She’s poor, older than you and yet you have no brains to think that she possibly be using you?”

“Enough!” His father exclaimed, his voice hinted irritation. “If this boy wants to be with her, then fine, let him feel like he made the wrong choice in his life” His eyes looked at Gina, giving her a deadly stare that she could barely take in.

Gina’s cheek was red, painful and maybe, maybe she did deserve that slap.

That slap of reality.

She was about to give up, to end it right there, infront of Changkyun’s parents just like they wanted.

But she felt a soft touch on her cheek, delicately not hurting her.

“Are you okay?” Changkyun’s soft voice asked. She hesitated, before tears from in her eyes.

“Pathetic –” The sound from Changkyun’s mother made him flinched in annoyance. Maybe he did made a mistake going through this again, but that was it to make his final decision.

His hand grabbed onto Gina, bringing up from the seat to face his parents again.

“If you both don’t allow this relationship, I understand” Changkyun hissed, for the first time ever to his parents. “But I can’t let her go no matter what you say or do”

“She’s my happiness, my life, my love and it will forever remain like that”

Changkyun dragged Gina away from his parents, before stopping near the door.

“And she’s not my girlfriend, she’s my fiancée”

 

 

The amount tears left Gina’s eyes slowly disappeared, after both of them had left the house immediately. It was a bad choice, she knew it from the beginning, but bad choice was made to where she was right now.

“Are you okay?” She heard Changkyun from her side, trying to calm her down by rubbing her back.

“I’m fine” She quietly answered.

“Are you sure?”

“Changkyun, I’m more worried for you” She looked at him with a sad expression. “You have to go to your parents” She said, even though it left her hurt.

“I don’t care about them, when they don’t even care about me”

“Changkyun, they care about you –”

“They don’t, if they did, they would’ve allowed us together from the start” He cut her off gently. He held her face lovingly, kissing her forehead.

“Even if the world is against us, I’ll make sure to never let you go, okay?” He mumbled, “You just have to trust me, Gina” His sweet voice chimed into her ears, making her heart fluttered.

“So promise me, promise me that you and I will make a future together, please”

Gina looked at him, softening her expression with a warm smile and nodded.

I promise