MINHYUK - 2

MONSTA X Oneshot Requests [REQUEST IS NOW CLOSED!]

Requested by: KLover2288

OC name: Yoo Yeonji 

By: thedreamerrr


The intense tension filled the room; two pair of eyes was glaring at each other. She couldn’t lose to him now, especially when she had other eyes as her witnesses.

 Yeonji’s lips formed a smile; it wasn’t a happy one or a sad one. It was a smile that showed she knew all along what he had done behind her back.

“I thought you said you’re going to practice, Wonho” She said bitterly. His name escaping from her lips made a sharp pain in her heart. She held in her tears as she tried to remain calm.

“So you have been lying to me all this goddamn time” She continued, her eyes were still glaring at him.

“Look –” Wonho spoke, his eyebrows furrowed in frustration. “I don’t understand what’s wrong with this, Yeonji” He explained, looking at her as if she was some insane person. She let out a sarcastic chuckle, ignoring the fact everyone was looking at her now.

“Everything is wrong, Wonho” She stepped closer to him, her eyes shifted to the girl beside him. “Especially when I saw you and her were all over each other –” She poked the girl’s shoulder intimidatingly, before a hand pushed away hers.

“Don’t touch her” Wonho hissed. He was near her, and it was starting to suffocate her. The man she once knew was gone right before her eyes. The gentle affection he had given her for the years they had been together, were just gone.

He was Wonho that she didn’t know of anymore, and it hurt her so much. It hurt her that when she decided to step back from the two people in front of her, she had decided her fate with him.

“I guess I wasn’t enough for you, huh, Wonho?” She said, giving him a weak smile. Wonho looked at her with his cold eyes, his hand held onto the other girl’s hand.

Yeonji stared at the two hands intertwining, her eyes filled tears as she heard a loud slam on the desk from behind.

“Hyung –” A familiar voice escaped to the room. “What are you doing?” She could hear Minhyuk’s breathless voice. Wonho mutter no words as he eyed the younger boy.

Minhyuk’s lips formed a thin line, upset that Wonho was being a total jerk to Yeonji, and right in front of the rest of the members. Minhyuk could see Shownu wanting to stop the scene, but he knew how the leader was. It wasn’t Shownu’s business to deal with, it was Wonho’s and when Wonho decided to become a jerk, it was his business as well.

“I can’t believe you, hyung” Minhyuk continued to speak coldly, holding Yeonji’s arm. “Yeonji was enough for you, and this girl that you are playing with –” He glared at the girl who was now hiding behind the older boy.

“She’s a fake, I’m sad you can’t see that, hyung” Minhyuk spat angrily, pulling Yeonji out of the studio room as he slammed the door shut.

The silence filled once more after Minhyuk brought Yeonji out of the company building. The cold wind blew her hair messily as she struggled to wipe her tears and fixed her hair at the same time.

She felt like locking herself in her apartment and eat a whole lot of ice cream to forget about that jerk of Wonho, and to feel depressed how her life was starting to crash down. Because she just seemed to be not enough for anything.

A soft hand touched her chin suddenly, which made her flinched. “Minhyuk” She muttered, realizing how horrible she looked at that moment in front of him. Minhyuk didn’t say anything, but his hand fixing her hand behind her ears and wiping her tears with his thumb showed he was worried for her.

“Are you alright?” He asked, finally seeing her face properly. It took a couple of seconds before he saw her shaking her head weakly, as she slowly leaned on his chest.

“I’m not –” She quietly cried against his shirt. “I’m not alright” She clutched onto his shirt, repeating it.

Minhyuk let a small sigh; his hands naturally patted her back comfortingly.

“He’s not worth for the tears” He said worriedly. She shake her head again, her tears fell down more.

“We were happy, Minhyuk, we were so happy but what happened?” She said sadly, her breathing became inconsistent. He stayed silent, letting her express her sadness.

“Do you think maybe he got tired of me or – am I too much for him? Or –” Her head was spinning in pain that it could actually kill her.

“You’re perfect, Yoo Yeonji” Minhyuk spoke, like as if it was a confession. His voice hinted nothing but seriousness, as he looked at her deeply.

“He’s nothing compare to you so please, believe that” It was his turn to speak, he couldn’t just let her feel like a disappointment, because she was far from it.

“Let’s get you back home” He said, holding onto her waist carefully, as he began to move. She followed Minhyuk as she tried to remember what he had told her.

 

“Thank you, Minhyuk” Yeonji said, smiling brightly. Minhyuk nodded; suddenly no words could come out from his mouth. His eyes wandered around the ground floor of her apartment, waiting for her to say something else.

But when he heard nothing, his eyes immediately laid on hers. She kept looking at him, her lips turned into weak smile.

“Why are you being nice to me?” She asked.

“Is it because you pity me –”

“No” Minhyuk cut her off, a little harshly. She blinked, startled how he reacted. He calmed himself, with his fast beating heart.

“I’m worried about you, as a – as a friend” He continued, patting her arm awkwardly. She nodded, oblivious of his odd behaviour.

“If you need a shoulder to lean on, I’m always here for you, okay?” He added, smiling warmly. He her hair softly before leaving her standing alone at her apartment.

“Thank you again, Minhyuk” She muttered to herself, feeling warmth in her heart.

 

 

“So, you hate cucumbers?” Her laughter filled her now not-so-empty apartment; her eye-smile appears on her face. It had been a month since the whole incident happened, and Minhyuk had been making her feel better since then.

“Yes” His cute short answer made her chuckle once more. “You’re so adorable” She commented, making him feel embarrassed.

“I’m not” He toughened up his voice, but failed when she was looking at him with an unreadable expression. He raised his eyebrows and stared back at her, like as if time had stopped.

He analyzed the beauty in front of him, her eyes, nose and lips; he was definitely mesmerized by her. He had always been mesmerized by her since the day he met her. He thought he wouldn’t like her that much, but he eventually did.

He liked her so much that he didn’t want her to be hurt by anything, which meant he had knew that Wonho had been cheating on her. He couldn’t tell her, because she wouldn’t believe him. He wouldn’t believe a guy who wasn’t in any relationship with her.

“Minhyuk?” He snapped out from his thoughts, his eyes focused on the confused girl.

“Yeah?”

“You zoned out for a long time” Yeonji explained, giggling. He rubbed his neck awkwardly, letting out a weak laugh.

“Sorry” He mumbled, breaking the eye contact away from her. He heard her soft ‘it’s okay’ before she stood up from the couch.

“Do you want any drink, Minhyuk?”

“I want you…” He mumble quietly, before realizing what he had just said. His eyes widened, turning his head to look at her. Her expression was calm, it meant she didn’t hear anything from his mouth.

“So…?”

He let out a relief breath and shook his head. “I’m good” He replied, forcing a smile.

“Listen” She spoke, after she got herself a cup of water. She hesitated before continuing, staring at the cup.

“Do you think… do you think there will be someone better for me?” She asked.

“Of course” He answered immediately, sending her a genuine smile.

“But Wonho… he was the guy I’ve always wanted” She confessed, her eyes closed tightly. Her words struck into Minhyuk’s heart deeply, but seeing her still hurt was killing him more.

“Yeonji, you deserve someone better” He comforted her as he moved closer to her. “Much better than Wonho”

“I think Wonho deserves someone better than me, that’s why he –”

Her eyes widened in surprised when she felt Minhyuk’s lips crashed on hers for a split second. His lips felt different from Wonho, thinner but delicate, soft and sweet. But that didn’t make things better when his face was as shocked as she was when they parted.

“I’m s-sorry” He stuttered, panicked spread across his face. “I didn’t mean to do that” He muttered some more words, it was too fast for Yeonji to even processed in her head.

“It’s… okay” She replied, as her cheeks felt warm and red.

“I’m really sorry” He apologized once more. She looked back at him, her cheeks were still blushing.

“Do you… like me?”

His heart stopped beating, feeling his whole body stiffened from the question. He tried to deny, but his lips wouldn’t move.

“That was silly of me to ask” She quickly let out a forced laugh, waving her hand randomly.

“It’s not silly” Minhyuk said. “I actually like you, a lot” He finally confessed, but his expression remain sad. He knew he couldn’t compete against Wonho, she had said he was the guy she had always wanted. It wasn’t Lee Minhyuk, it had always been Shin Wonho.

“Minhyuk, I –” She couldn’t process the words in her mind properly. The confession was something she least expected for the day, or any other day.

“It’s okay, you don’t have to say anything” He explained. “I don’t deserve to be that someone better for you anyway” He was killing himself slowly, each words he said was nothing but pain. He knew he could be better than Wonho, but it wasn’t for him to decide, it was hers.

“Don’t say that”

Her voice sounded in denial about something, that maybe she was finally looking the guy that she had always wanted.

“I can always learn” She said.

“Learn?” Minhyuk repeated, confused at her words.

“Learn to like you, to love you”

“You don’t have to do that, Yeonji”

“But I want to”

They both looked at each other as their breathing was the only one heard. Her hand slowly grabbed onto his, the new feeling of touch and desire grew already onto her.

“Please” She said, but it felt like she was asking his permission instead, to whether he was going to stay with her or just leave her.

“Okay” He answered, a smile slowly plastered onto his face, followed along with hers.


Thank you for requesting!