WONHO -2

MONSTA X Oneshot Requests [REQUEST IS NOW CLOSED!]

Requested by: angrace

OC name: - 

By: thedreamerrr


They knew whenever they let go of their hands, it could be the last. 

 

They knew their love for each other was slowly killing them.

 

When she was first assigned with another detective named Shin Wonho, she thought they wouldn’t work well. Shin Wonho was that detective who would risk anything for the sake of justice, while she was that careful detective who observes silently.

But when both mix-matched together, they had been a great duo in their department. Wonho was the active one, the person who led the investigation confidently. She was the passive one, giving deeper details to proceed the work smoothly.

It was as if they had been working for 10 years together in the eyes of other people.

 

She grew more insecure after a year with Wonho, especially when she realized she had developed more feeling other than just being a friend to him. She began stutter unconsciously when she spoke with him casually or even blush a little too much when he complimented her.

It was definitely torture for her.

It wasn’t surprising when she found out most of the female population in her department likes Wonho. He was well-mannered, good looking and literally a walking perfection. His blonde hair had always been gelled nicely to the back, his sleeves were always pulled up, showing his strong muscles, and his beautiful face was impossible for her not to be one of the females.

She tried to remain professional in work, but with hateful comments by other females were slowly making her lose herself. It wasn’t her fault she was assigned to be with Wonho, but why did they make as if it was hers?

She sighed loudly after another tiring day with a case on a particular day, letting herself sit on her work chair. She took off her jacket and hair bun, before hitting her head on the table.

“Too tired, huh?”

Her head quickly looked up, seeing Wonho looking at her weirdly. She straightened herself in her seat, forcing a smile on her face.

“Kinda” She replied, avoiding his eye contact. She must had been looked so bad in front of him, she thought.

Wonho was scanning his partner, for the first time ever, he was scanning more than just her face. He never knew he could be attracted to her, the messy hair she had right there and her outfit that was calling for him.

But he shook his thoughts away, he had only one thing to do there and it was all settle in his mind.

“I have to tell you something” He mentioned, his eyes were searching for hers that was avoiding him. He slowly approached her, gently grabbing her chin to make her look at him.

“Y-Yes?” She stuttered once more, trying to look at him. He smiled, leaning down to her as he held her hands and planted a soft kiss on her lips.

“I like you”

 

 

As their love bloom, the harder their life became. To protect each other became suffocating, to see each other hurt were killing them inside. They were inseparable but their tasks were slowly making it possible.

The loud slam on the table made her flinched. Her tears rolled down her cheeks one by one, barely wiping them off. She tried to calm Wonho down, as she reached out for his arm but he moved away quickly.

His eyebrows furrowed angrily and his fists were clenched tightly.

“Why did you do that?” He asked, his eyes were staring intensely into hers. “That of attacker had a gun, why did you have to run towards him?”

She let out a soft sob, trying to explain to him but his anger was stopping her.

This wasn’t the first time that it happened. She knew he was angry because he was worried. He was worried that the person he loved the most would be gone right in front of his eyes.

“I told you, to stay behind that goddamn table but you didn’t listen!” His voice rose, his veins on his neck were popping out.

“I told you, that I need to protect you from danger”

“I told you that I love you so much, I don’t want to lose you!” He was letting out all his anger but his tears that was now flowing down his cheeks meant he was really afraid.

“I-I’m sorry, Wonho” Her arms circled around his waist, hugging him tightly.

She was still crying, for making him feel worried.

He was still crying, for loving her a little too much.

“Please don’t ever do that” He mumbled, as he kissed the crown of her head.

“But Wonho, he was going to shoot you –”

“Please, don’t worry about me” He said, cutting her off softly. “I will be fine” He continued, her hair.

“Will you?” She asked, her eyes showed sadness.

“As long as you’re safe then I will be fine” He replied, before melting her with a kiss.

 

 

It was the 4th year when they received that task. When the head leader explained the task, both of them were quiet, but they knew their heart felt heavy.

“I know this is a very dangerous task and I want the best ones to take care of it” The leader said, looking at them professionally.

“You both are the best in the team” He continued, handing the file to Wonho. She couldn’t help but notice Wonho’s hands were hesitating to take the file. It was like he was deciding about something.

 “You both may go and discuss” The leader excused both of them. With slow steps together, they got out of the office.

 

“Let’s not do it”

She looked at him, again, taking his hand on hers. “We can’t let the boss down, Wonho”

“I don’t want to see you get hurt again” He said, his face showed concern. “I won’t, Wonho, please” She put her right palm on his cheek, reassuring him warmly.

“Wonho, this was what we had signed up for the moment we came here” She explained, searching for his eyes. He sighed, taking away her hand from his cheek.

“But I didn’t sign up to fall for my partner and see her in pain again”

She halted, her heart was crushing. She had to be strong for him; she had to show that whatever the task was, whether to survive or die, the love for each other made her do it. Because Wonho was the last person she wanted to see and love for the rest of her life.

“I didn’t sign up for that either but look at us now” She said, holding his hands.

Silence took over as he slowly mesmerized by her again, her beauty inside and outside, her undying love for him.

“I really love you so much” He muttered, his smile appeared on his face. “I really do” He pecked her lips delicately, bringing her much closer.

“I love you too, Wonho, so much” She felt tears rolling down her cheeks silently, because she knew it could be the last confession.

 

 

“I’ll check there, you can check there” Wonho instructed, his hand pointing to the left. She nodded, their professionalism were switched on as they searched for some last information.

It was the day, where they had to start their investigation in an abandoned warehouse. A big group of males who they had assumed to be thieves and even murderers that had planned to set up huge explosives in the city.

It was risky; especially Wonho and she didn’t have any back up so they couldn’t be tracked down easily. They had asked everyone to stay out of the site until they called them in.

She was busy looking for some clues, opening the drawers quietly to check. It was a total silent and it was usually something they would do, but that day, she felt different.

“Did you find anything?” She whispered, gaining nothing from Wonho.

“Wonho?” She whispered for him, her legs brought her to the place where Wonho was. But she couldn’t find him.

Panic grew onto her immediately, she was starting to sweat and her heart beat went fast. She quickly moved herself further from where she was, searching for him, searching for her love.

“Wonho?” She made a desperate call, her eyes looked at everywhere.

She couldn’t afford to call back up because it could make Wonho to be more in danger. She tried to hold her tears in, for the first time ever she had never felt being apart with Wonho for this long.

Her movement stopped when she saw the man that she loved, being tied up on the chair, his mouth was covered by a cloth.

“Wonho” Her hand went on , shocked what had happened to him.

His eyes were closed; his head looked like he was hit by something. She quickly made her way towards him, her hands were shaking and her heart was in so much pain.

She was crying, seeing his head bleeding. She was crying that it was her fault he was like this.

“I’m so sorry” She repeatedly say, trying to untie him after she took off the cloth from his mouth. Wonho’s eyes opened slowly, to see her in front of him.

“Get out of here” He weakly said. She shook her head, her tears wouldn’t stop falling. “Not without you, Wonho”

“I will be fine” He replied, the common words from his lips were hurting her more. “You are not fine, Wonho, you’re bleeding!” She desperately trying not to scream, getting irritated with the rope that wasn’t going to untie Wonho anytime soon.

“I don’t want to leave you here” She said, her hands were red already.

“They will come back and see you, please, please – get out from here” He managed to say, despite the pain on his head.

“I don’t care, Wonho, I still want –” Her eyes looked at his. It was killing her, in her heart, because all she saw was that he had gave up.

“I found the last information we needed, it was on the floor before –” He paused, trying to maintain his professionalism.

“Before I was taken away, go take it and get out from here” He continued, his lips moved smoothly but his heart wasn’t.

“Wonho, no –”

“We can’t let the entire city die” It was his last hope for her to move on. “I can’t let you die either” He said. She looked at him, before hugging him tightly, for one last time.

“What if I can save you?” She whimpered.

“You already save me with your love” He mumbled. “Now please, save yourself” He let his lips kissed hers desperately, deeply, and lovingly.

 

They had always knew they wouldn’t get a forever in their love.

 


I'm so so so like really sorry for posting this really late ;_; I hope you liked it and please do comment about it! 

I hope the rest of the readers liked it as well!!