I.M - 3

MONSTA X Oneshot Requests [REQUEST IS NOW CLOSED!]

We are currently busy with our personal stuff so updates are slow. We are really sorry for this!

Requested by: xXMonstaAriXx

OC name: Choi Ari

By: thedreamerrr


Changkyun’s head turned to direction where his group friends were, before walking towards them with a small smile.

“Changkyun!” Minhyuk exclaimed happily, slinging his arms around the younger boy.

Changkyun gave a slight nod at Jooheon that was in front of him, before raising an eyebrow to Minhyuk.

“Aren’t you a little excited for the morning, hyung?” Changkyun asked, turning his head to look at the rest of his friends. Minhyuk let go of his arm as he moved beside Jooheon.

“Aren’t you a little moody for the morning?” Minhyuk asked him back, giggling along with Jooheon like a bunch of kids.

Changkyun stared at the two of them before shaking his head. “I swear, it feels like I’m the oldest here” He mumbled to himself, ignoring them as he went to Hyungwon.

“Did you see her today?” Hyungwon’s sudden question made him halt his movement as he couldn’t mutter any words. The tall boy smirked when he heard no answer, his arms crossed like a boss, making Changkyun frowned.

“Why do you keep asking me that?” Changkyun mumbled.

“Because you haven’t made any move to her” Hyungwoo cooed, eyeing him playfully.

Changkyun sighed in defeat, like as if it was on cue; he turned his head to only see the girl he had been crushing on standing a little far from him. He gulped unconsciously, his eyes focused on the petite girl carrying a lot of books.

Her name was Choi Ari, and for a quiet, unexpressive guy like Changkyun, he actually finds her name adorable, and she was just too, adorable in his eyes.

He couldn’t remember when he fell for her, but the constant eye contact and the strong connection by that made him realized how hard his heart was beating every time he saw her. It was strange for him at first, when he barely knew her.

But he didn’t need to know her, to like her. He could feel in his heart that she was the one for him. The rare angelic smile whenever she read her book, the amount of hard work she had whenever she was doing her work, or even just the way she was, made her different from the rest of the girls he knew.

He wasn’t a stalker or anything, it was just the feeling of calmness he had found when he sees her was satisfying and addicting. He wanted more, but one-sided love was getting nothing for him.

“Are you done looking at her?” Changkyun felt a nudge by the arm, from the one and only Hyungwon. He frowned again, ignoring the older guy, his eyes still focused on Ari until she left to her class.

“I don’t get why you don’t want to tell the rest of them, especially Jooheon when he is in the same class as her” Hyungwon continued to speak as Changkyun finally looked at him.

“Because one person is enough to tease me, reminds me that I actually regret telling you about it” Changkyun rolled his eyes in annoyance. Hyungwon chuckled, patting Changkyun’s back.

“They’ll find out sooner or later, anyway” Hyungwon said, adjusting his bag before he started to walk to his class.

“See you later, Changkyun, don’t day dream about Ari too much”

Changkyun furrowed his eyebrow with his index finger placed on his lips to tell Hyungwon to be quiet.

“Gosh, I wasn’t even loud” Hyungwon shook his head, turning around and disappeared from Changkyun’s sight.

“Aren’t you going to your class?” Jooheon’s voice made him turned to look, before he nodded slightly. He eyed Jooheon with a bright smile as he walk to his class, suddenly feeling jealous of him. Why wasn’t him the one that was in the same class as Ari? He thought, sighing once again.

 

 

Ari looked warily at the two girls that were looking back at her. She knew what was going to happen and no matter how many times she faced it, it was still scaring her.

She felt a strong pull on her bag from the back, making her turn around. She gulped seeing another girl staring at her. She was afraid, and her hand instinctively went into her bag pocket.

“H-Here” Ari handed some money to the girl nervously. The girl smirked, taking the money delightfully.

“Thank you, Ari” She faked a smile before moving towards the two other girls.

Ari sighed in relief when she got out from getting beat up today, using the money she had been saving for the week. She sat on her seat, knowing that she had no money for food, but at least she survived from those bullies.

 “You can do this, Ari” She mumbled to herself quietly, she tried to focus on the teacher that just came in.

But her thoughts suddenly moved to a certain guy that made her unconsciously smile. His mysterious personality brought her to a curiosity, and she didn’t plan to like him, but she did.

She found out that he was a funny person, jokes around whenever he was with his friends, but his smile, that charming smile made her fell for him more. She definitely likes Im Changkyun a little too much.

 

 

Changkyun was waiting for Jooheon outside his class; tiny bit was to see Ari. He was being sneaky, and he didn’t like it at all. Sometimes he wished he would just go to her, smile at her freely or even give a hug to her. But it was simply impossible to do.

He sighed, looking at his watch again, furrowed his eyebrow when Jooheon hadn’t come out from his class. Instead, he saw her first.

Ari… His mind spoke to himself, his eyes focused on her. She was struggling to put on her bag, as she didn’t notice the presence of Changkyun. He panicked suddenly, whether to help her or not. But with his hands held her bag, it was already decided.

Ari flinched in surprised, her head turned immediately to look at the body behind her. Her eyes widened in shock, as she couldn’t mutter any words.

“Let me help you” Changkyun’s deep voice made her nod slowly. It was the first time he had spoken to her. His hands fixed her bag, adjusting it to her back. He smiled, satisfied at the outcome, before he realized she was looking at him again.

“T-thanks” She said, her voice was soft, just like how Changkyun loved. He tried to remain calm, his smile suddenly feels awkward, with her still standing in front of her.

“You’re… Ari, right?” He asked, faced palming himself mentally for asking her a dumb question. She might think he was some stalker for knowing her name. But her lips formed a smile, and it made his heart fluttered.

“Yes, I’m Ari” She replied, as she felt warmth from him.

“I’m Changkyun” He introduced himself, rubbing his neck. He saw her nod, with no words escaped from her lips.

“I guess you’re going to get lunch?” Changkyun asked. Ari bit her lips, before shaking her head.

“I’m not that hungry today” She reasoned, trying to not make her stomach growl suddenly. Changkyun tilted his head slightly, looking at her in confusion.

“Well, okay then” He was far from someone to scold her about her health; he wasn’t her… boyfriend, or even a friend.

Ari’s feet began to move, sad that she had to leave her crush before things get worst. She forced a cheerful smile, looking at him.

“I’ve got to go, Changkyun” She told him, turning herself around. Changkyun stared at her body walking away from him, his fingers fiddled with pants nervously.

“Hey, Ari?” He called her loudly, making her head turn.

He gulped, seeing her blank expression.

“I’ll talk to you again, right?” He asked, slowly regretting his action.

Ari looked dumbfounded, but her heart was beating fast. It was hard for her to answer, when her crush literally wanted to talk to her, as much as she wanted to talk to him again.

She nodded her head, her eyes glittering happily.

Changkyun smiled gently, his face was turning red. Ari’s feet quickly walked away from him, as she was holding her excitement.

He saw her disappear from his sight, still smiling happily. He turned around to look at the classroom, only to see Jooheon coming out from it.

“Sorry dude, I had to talk to the teacher for a while” Jooheon said, slinging his arm around Changkyun’s shoulder.

“It’s alright” He answered, as they walked together to the cafeteria.

“Hey, listen” He decided to finally ask Jooheon about Ari, though he was worried that she was probably someone different from his impression.

“What?”

“Do you know Choi Ari?” The name made Jooheon stopped his track; his eyes looked into Changkyun in suspicion.

“Yeah, why?” Jooheon raised his right eyebrow, trying to read off Changkyun’s face. Changkyun faked a chuckle before shaking his head.

“Nothing, I just heard her name from somewhere” He answered, his eyes wandered around aimlessly.

“Ari doesn’t really talk much in class” Jooheon said, barely believing his friend’s reason. “Sometimes I see her getting bullied –”

“Bullied?” Changkyun’s deep voice became higher than normal. Suddenly his whole body felt anger and upset. Jooheon nodded, not looking at him as they start to walk again.

“There’s a bunch of girls in class that always disturb her” Jooheon added. “She doesn’t fight back though, she just gives her money to them”

Changkyun’s mind flashbacked to just now, when he asked about lunch. She had lied to him and he didn’t care about that, all he cared was how hungry she could had been.

“Why don’t you help her?”

“I can’t, I’ll get in trouble and I get into too much trouble already” Jooheon sighed sadly.

Changkyun thought of her, before he realized that she could be in a trouble herself right now.

“I need to go somewhere” Changkyun quickly told Jooheon, leaving him confuse.

 

 

He desperately tried to find her, at the library, the cafeteria and in classes, but she was nowhere. That was until he heard a loud crowd outside at the main entrance.

His feet and heart brought him out quickly, his eyes focused on where the people were looking at. The murmurs everywhere made him dizzy, and it made him dizzier when he heard her name.

Ari was soaking wet, along with her tears falling on her cheeks. Her uniform was wet and she was getting cold, but her body wouldn’t move because of the humiliation. It was like as if they want her to feel more of this humiliation.

She looked at the three familiar girls in front her, crossing their arms. The empty bucket was thrown on the ground roughly, almost hurting her. She flinched when one of them pulled her hair harshly, whispering to her about being useless to the school.

“Why are you even studying here, this school is only for rich people, unlike you” The girl pushed her away, making Ari dropped to the ground.

“You’re such a scaredy-cat, Ari, even giving your money so easily” She added, smirking. “I don’t even need worthless money from a worthless person like you but seeing you suffering is satisfying to me –” She felt a strong pull from behind, seeing Changkyun’s angry face.

“C-Changkyun oppa?”

Changkyun growled angrily, pushing her towards her friends which they barely manage to catch her.

He walked towards Ari, pulling her up carefully. His eyes showed concern when he saw her in pain. The tears on her face made him more upset. He took off his school jacket, placing it around her body.

“Stay behind me” He advised caringly, holding her hand for a short while before turning  around to look at the three girls.

“What the hell do you think you are doing?” He spat angrily at them, not caring the looks from the people that was there.

“Do you think it is fine to bully someone?” He continued, anger was boiling in him.

“Without knowing how the person feels?” He heard a soft sob behind him, upsetting him more. The three girls looked terrified, frozen in their place.

“You are the worthless one and it saddens me that people like you exist to just show off your wealth” He hissed, grabbing Ari’s hand to pull her beside him. “Don’t you dare hurt Ari again, or I swear to God, you all will be dead”

“Changkyun oppa, we were just –”

“Shut up with your bull” Changkyun cut her off harshly.

Ari felt her body being dragged gently away from the scene with her tears still falling. Changkyun arm was wrapped around her waist securely, bringing her to a quieter place.

His head went to her eye level, slowly wiping her tears with his thumb.

“Are you okay?” His concern voice asked, her heart broke seeing the girl he had been crushing on was in pain all along.

“I’m fine” She said weakly.

“I’m sorry” His sudden apologized made her look up to see him.

“What?”

“I’m sorry for coming late” He closed his eyes, feeling regret. He felt a soft touch on his arm, before he opened his eyes. “It’s okay” Ari said, “You didn’t know about it” She added, her lips formed a small smile.

“But if I talk to you earlier, I would have known”

“It’s okay, Changkyun” She wanted him to know it wasn’t his fault. It was far from his fault.

“It’s not okay, if I talked to earlier, or even confessed –” Changkyun stopped himself, his eyes widened.

“Confess…?” Ari’s heart made a flip, waiting for Changkyun to answer. His expression stiffened, as he tried to find an excuse. But when she looked at him, with her hopeful eyes, it was now or never for him.

“Confess that I like you”

“You… like me?” Ari couldn’t process what he had just said. She panicked more, when he nodded at her question. She never expressed her feeling to someone before, especially when that someone actually liked her back.

“I…” She started off, her cheek grew red. “I like you… too” She finally confessed, blushing. She felt her hands being held softly, as her eyes looked down to see. Changkyun had intertwined their fingers, his lips formed a bright smile.

“That’s great” He said in pure happiness. She smiled along with him, holding his hand tighter.

“I guess my ‘I’ll talk to you again’ comes faster than I thought” He playfully said, making Ari chuckle, before her stomach made a loud growl.

Ari grew embarrassed; her hands left his, as they went to cover her stomach. She smiled sheepishly looking at him.

“Should we get something to eat?” Changkyun laughed seeing her cute action.

“Yes, please” She said quietly, feeling his hand grabbing her hand again.

“Have I told you that you’re really cute?” He winked at her, her cheeks became redder, as he dragged her to the cafeteria happily.


Thank you for requesting, please do comment what you think of it!