HYUNGWON - 2

MONSTA X Oneshot Requests [REQUEST IS NOW CLOSED!]

Requested by: KpopLOverLella

OC name: Jaein

By: ch27

I'm sorry if it came out pretty late and a not that good:( I hope you like it!


 

The school’s indoor basketball court was filled with people who were busy decorating the court for their inter-class basketball match. Jaein was one of the committee.

“She’s such a determined girl, don’t you think?” Minhyuk nudged Hyungwon who stared at his crush. “She joined many of the school’s activity, she’s cool” Kihyun added.

“She is” Hyungwon confirmed, watching her from the door. His face lit up when their eyes met, but she turned back to her work.

“Did she just ignore you?” Jooheon teased, earning a hit from him. “Shut up” he growled.

Wonho grinned and slung an arm around Hyungwon, watching Jaein walked to another Student Council member. “I wonder why she rejected you though. You got the look, you’re the ace of basketball,” he pointed out. “Maybe she liked me better?” he teased.

Hyungwon rolled his eyes. “Not going to happen”

Wonho laughed. “It’s possible!”

This time, Shownu was the one who slapped Wonho’s shoulder. “Stop teasing the poor boy” Kihyun, Jooheon and Minhyuk laughed. “See? Even Shownu-hyung said you were poor!”

“Shut it” Hyungwon walked out from the court, feeling annoyed.

He was wondering on why never really gave him the support to approach the girl. Instead, they kept teasing him on it. He didn’t even confessed to her yet, but they said it as if she rejected him. The main thing that made him wonder was how Jaein always ignored him whenever she caught him staring.

Is it because he wasn’t attractive enough? Was what Wonho said true?

As the group retreated back to their classroom, Jaein looked up from her papers, eyeing them.

***

Hyungwon watched as Jaein ate her lunch while scanning the paper in front of her. She looked stressed. She didn’t even realized when a part of her food dropped on her skirt. He shook his head. He didn’t like seeing her busy and forgot other important things.

Just then, she looked back at him. His heartbeat stopped for a moment, his eyes couldn’t move away. She stared back at him for a few seconds before going back to her papers. It was just a moment, but it felt like forever.

A small cough caught his attention as he looked back at his group who already eyed him. They wriggled their eyebrows with a teasing smile.

“Got caught staring? Aww so embarrassing” I.M cooed in a teasing manner, followed by the other’s laughter.

Hyungwon was tired by their teasing and rolled his eyes.

“Hey, at least she looked back,” Shownu grinned in encouragement.

“Yeah, maybe she had the slightest interest in you,” Minhyuk grinned, pinching his index finger and thumb, giving a very small space in between.

Hyungwon swatted his hand away. “That’s all I need” he said confidently and went to her table, earned a small whoop from his group.

As he got closer to her, his heartbeat increased, and he couldn’t think properly. All he could see was her. How she crossed her legs, how she bit her lip while reading her papers, how her eyes moved from a letter to another, and how her slender fingers held the fork.

He stopped a few inches from her table, eyeing her. Jaein noticed his presence and putted her papers down, tilting her head a bit.

“What’s wrong, Hyungwon-ssi?” she asked, eyeing him curiously.

“You dropped some of your food on your skirt” he nodded to her skirt.

She looked down. “Oh,” she then looked up at him, sending him a small awkward smile. “Um, thanks. I didn’t notice that” she was actually curious on to how he noticed that.

Jaein was about to search for a tissue paper when Hyungwon snatched one from his pocket, handing it to her. She gave him a grateful smile and wiped her skirt clean.

“Thank you,”

“There’s also some on your cheek” he pointed out. She looked baffled as her hand quickly went up to her cheek. “Here” he wiped it for her.

She froze, it was very clear. Her eyes darted up to him in slight daze. He took this chance to stare deeply into her eyes.

Just then a loud cheer erupted, breaking the two’s daze. Hyungwon looked back to see his group cheered like a mad man while shouting ‘You go Hyungwon!’ ‘Yeah!’ ‘Hell yeah!’, making all people in the cafeteria turned to Hyungwon and Jaein.

He couldn’t help but to face-palmed himself, feeling embarrassed by his friend’s behavior. Jaein cleared and quickly excused herself before going out from the cafeteria.

“Great, you guys!” Hyungwon shouted in annoyance.

***

It was the final day. Currently, it was Jaein’s class against the other class, competed for the third position. Jaein watched the game in peace, sometimes she cheered for her class. Hyungwon never wasted his time to not stare at Jaein. She looked different today with her hair up in a ponytail.

Hyungwon smiled in adoration. His gaze was interrupted when Kihyun nudged him. He turned to Kihyun in annoyance.

“What is it?” he scowled. Kihyun nodded to the people around him who stared at him weirdly. “You smiled on your own. Busy fantasizing something?” Kihyun wriggled his eyebrows, teasing the boy.

“No!” Hyungwon nudged Kihyun a bit too hard, causing the poor boy to double over in pain.

Hyungwon looked up to see Jaein, only to saw she was looking straight at him. He couldn’t read anything from her eyes though, he was too nervous. Just when he composed himself together, she already looked away.

He sighed.

“It’s our turn!” Kihyun pushed Hyungwon forward. Just then, he realized the game was over. He quickly gathered his thoughts, focusing his mind on the game. His class was in the final, just like other years.

When he entered the field, loud cheers erupted from the bleachers, apparently from his fans. His eyes only searched for Jaein, but she was talking with her best friend. He watched her laughing, wondering what made her laugh.

He wanted to make her laugh too.

Just as the game started, cheers could be heard from everywhere. Jaein watched silently as Hyungwon passed the ball to his other teammates. She could see why they liked him. He was very good at basketball, no doubt at that.

Naeun—her best friend, nudged her. “He played for you,”

Jaein frowned playfully, “No way, he played for his class,” Naeun raised her eyebrow playfully, earning a small nudge from her.

“See, he’s looking for you,” Naeun nodded to Hyungwon whose eyes went to Jaein once more. She didn’t react though, she just stared back at him.

At the middle of the game, Hyungwon lost his focus and almost got hit by the ball. The audience gasped, but he went back to the game unharmed.

When the game ended, his class cheered and quickly jumped to the team, celebrating their winning. Hyungwon panted with a happy smile while people congratulated him.  However, he remembered Jaein once again, and he looked around.

His heart fell when she saw her walked away from the court while talking to her best friend.

***

“Great job,” his classmates patted his shoulder, sending him a grin. He just nodded.

“Hyungwon-oppa!” a group of girls surrounded him, giving him that doting gazes.

“You’re really great! Here!” They offered a bottle of water to him. He accepted the bottle and walked away politely.

His feet stopped when he saw Jaein leaned on the wall, looking straight ahead while holding a water bottle. When he walked to her, she quickly noticed him. Her eyes went to the water bottle that he held.

“Oh” she said, her arm falling down by her sides.

Hyungwon eyed the water bottle she held. “Is that for me?” he asked, feeling hopeful.

Jaein smiled awkwardly. “It supposed to be, but then you already had one”

“It’s okay,” he said, taking the water bottle from her hand. “Thanks” he muttered with a genuine smile.

Not knowing what to say, the two stood in silence. Hyungwon was enjoying the moment, simply staring at Jaein who just looked at the ground, feeling embarrassed. He suddenly moved forward and held her hand.

In pure reflex she quickly jerked her hand away. Just then she realized what she had done and quickly apologized. “I’m sorry, it’s just—“

“You didn’t like me?” he asked, pretending to be okay with it.

“No, it’s not—“ “Then do you like me?” “Yes—“

Jaein quickly shut , her eyes widened. Her face became red and she quickly stepped back. She shook her head, feeling really embarrassed by her sudden confession. It’s not like what she had planned.

The opposite happened to Hyungwon. His smile brightened, and happiness was evident on his face.

“So you do like me” he stated, clarifying the fact.

With no other choice, Jaein slowly nodded, her eyes never leave the ground. A loud cheer was erupting in Hyungwon’s head, and he hugged her in no second. The girl was surprised at first, but then she smiled and hugged him back.

“I thought you didn’t like me” he said, still smiling and savoring the hug.

“I like you since the start, Hyungwon. It’s just I didn’t want anyone know about my feelings” she admitted, smiling.

Hyungwon pulled out from the hug, but never released her hands.

“Well, that’s a little too late for that, don’t you think?” he smiled.

Jaein suddenly realized where they were. By the time she looked around, students were already crowding around them, watching the scene unfolded. Feeling extremely embarrassed, Jaein tried to yank their hands away, but Hyungwon won’t let them go.

“Hyungwon—“

He chuckled and hugged her once more, hiding her face on his shoulder.

“You go Hyungwon!” “Yeah!” “Woohoo!” “Don’t forget to treat us all!”

“Shut up” Hyungwon glared at who cheered like mad man.

Well, he didn’t really care, as long as everybody knew who the one she liked. “So.. be my girl?”

A hidden smile emerged on her face. “Yes” she nodded in his embrace.