KIHYUN -1

MONSTA X Oneshot Requests [REQUEST IS NOW CLOSED!]

Requested by: ExoInspiritBabyz

OC name: - 

By: thedreamerrr


The rowdy crowd was starting to get into her nerves, especially when they were people she disliked. She sighed desperately the nth time, looking at her watch again.

She was dragged to an unknown party by her friends. It wasn’t like she was anti-social or a total outcast, she was definitely the opposite. The social butterfly with a lot of friends, but the downside about her was her mood swings.

Sure it was easy for her to control them, but not that day, when she had a bad day since morning already.

She came late for class, with a cranky professor that forced to do extra work. She thought it was out of his mind, when she practically had like thousands of assignment to do. But what made it worst was knowing that her friends actually left her because she had woken up late. For the first time ever, she rolled her eyes thinking about it again.

Her body was leaning on the wall in the living room, seeing the same friends that had left her at their shared apartment, enjoying their time at the party.

She wasn’t the type of person to hold a grudge on someone, when she had other better stuff to do. She wanted to tell that to her friends that it was okay, but they insisted to make up to her by bringing her to this party – this boring party.

“Girl, what are you doing?” One of her friend came to her with a confused face. “You’re supposed to be on top of the table by now doing some crazy lame dance, what happened to you?” Her friend asked, raising an eyebrow.

“I hate the people here” She said, her voice hinted she was annoyed. “Especially when there’s Yoo Kihyun in this place” She eyed the guy that was talking to his group of friends happily.

“Just look at him, what a nerd”

Her friend looked at Kihyun before turning back to look at her. “You’re kidding, right?”

“I am not” She retorted back, her arms crossed immediately. “I feel so – so disgusted with him in the room” She continued, her lips made a frown.

“Please, you have a crush on him”

She paused as she went speechless, and she hated it. It was an obvious movement that meant her friend was actually right.

Her friend laughed, patting her shoulder. “You should talk to him, normally I mean, just please – don’t argue with each other again” She said, her eyes meant she wasn’t joking at all. Her friend’s hands left her shoulder, before giving a nod to Kihyun’s direction.

“He really does bring out the real you” Her friend smiled at her warmly, leaving her alone again in the living room.

She let out a deep breath after her friend left. It was embarrassing to know that her friend had figured out that she had a crush on the Kihyun. Because he was different from all the guys she had dated, the badasses, the troublemakers and Yoo Kihyun was just a – nerd, she chuckled at her own thought.

“Why are you laughing by yourself again?” The voice woke her up from her thoughts, turning them into a reality. There he was, standing near her, with his smirk. Yoo Kihyun, her mind mentioned to itself.

“I wasn’t laughing” She quickly replied him; her self-defense against him was back.

“Right” He said, his eyes wandered around for a while before they lay on her face. Suddenly she felt insecure with his presence near her. She didn’t want to start an argument with him, or possibly talk, as her friend had told her to.

“Are you alright?” Kihyun asked, he was scanning her face. “You seem… to be hiding something?” He said, his tone was slightly teasing and it was the tone that she always hated.

“I’m not” She rolled her eyes as she tried to move away from him but he followed her along. “Are you sure?” He teased again, getting closer to her. His smirk never left his face and it was getting annoying. Her hand angrily shoved his arm, trying to push him away.

“Again with the mood swings, huh?” He said, his body stayed firm at where he was. She slightly pouted at her failure, gaining a soft chuckle from him.

“Cute”

Her heart made a flip, as she tried to ignore his comment. But how could she ignore it when he was still looking at her intensely, like as if he really… meant it?

“Please leave me alone, Kihyun” She said, letting out the last few of her tough side to him. His body moved beside hers as his back leaned against the wall.

“I don’t want to though” He said.

She stared at him in disbelief. She gave him a look, that irritated look that she always make to shoo him away, but when she saw a smile on his face instead, she knew her tough side died down.

The smile that she had secretly adored from a far, the smile she couldn’t see when she had arguments with him when they are near. The smile that made her fall for him.

His cheek dimples were visible in her eyes as she tried to avoid looking at. But the closer he gets, the harder it was for her to ignore his appearance.

“Seriously, Kihyun, can you please back off?” It was more of a beg than a bold remark, her cheeks were pretty red because of him and he knew.

“That’s two please’s in a day, what’s gotten into you?” He wanted to more, enjoying the fact that he made the girl blushed.

“Shut up” She hissed weakly as she made another getaway from him. It was killing her inside, the closeness and the teasing; she really wanted to strangle that guy so badly.

Her eyebrows furrowed angrily when she felt another presence behind her. Why is he following me? She stopped her track and turned around furiously, only to meet her friend instead.

“Why do you look pissed?” Her friend asked, with a raised eyebrow. “It’s Kihyun again, isn’t it?” She continued after gaining no answer.

Her friend turned around to look Kihyun that had gone back to his group of friends. “You guys argued again, didn’t you?” She saw her friend’s hands on the hips, her expression was frustration, something she rarely see on her friend.

“We – we didn’t, it’s just that…” She mumbled her explanation as she looked down. “Kihyun was being a tease and I couldn’t let him do that to me”

Her friend sighed, before grabbing her arms to drag her somewhere. Her eyes widened when she was getting nearer to Kihyun’s group of friends.

“Yoo Kihyun” Her friend called out the boy who turned confused at the sudden interaction. His eyes looked at his friends before it lay on the girl that hid her face.

Talk to her” She felt herself being push to the front as she quickly trying to compose herself.

She barely knew his group of friends, because they weren’t her type of friends and also Kihyun was always there. All she knew was that other girls like them, a lot. She was about to leave the instense atmosphere that focused between her and him, to scold her friend about embarrassing her in front of strangers. But when Kihyun actually walked towards her, she thought he was the craziest person alive.

Why would he actually listen to her friend with all those simple words? She almost lost her sanity when he grabbed her by the arm and pulled her away from the crowds.

He brought her outside, to the backyard, finally the quietness that she had been wanting for.

But the quietness didn’t last long when she heard her own heart beating rapidly as Kihyun’s face came near hers. It wasn't like the closeness from just now, there was no teasing or playfully on his face. She wanted to push him away and scream at him, for being a dramatic person to pull her out with his friends looking at them. But then again, did she really want the same thing all over again?

When she decided to not move, she regretted it badly. His face stayed near to hers as her eyelids blinked nervously looking at him.

“I like you”

She stared at him, trying to register the words he just said. The confession he just told her. Her lips went dry, and her heart was still beating fast. She would wonder why it didn’t fell off from her chest by now, but that wasn’t the matter, the matter was Yoo Kihyun actually likes her.

“Uh what?” She said dumbfoundedly. 

“I said I like you” He confessed again, his cheek dimples were showing brightly under night light. His tone was dead serious and it was something new to her.

“Thanks?” She muttered, she couldn’t look at him now and confess to him all of the sudden too. It was getting too much for her. But she knew she was dying of happiness in the inside.

“What do you mean ‘thanks’?” Kihyun exclaimed, his voice cracked at the end. She laughed loudly to see an embarrassed Kihyun that had moved his face away from hers.

“Don’t laugh” He nudged her upper arm, frowning.

“Then what should I do?” She wiped her invisible tears on her eyes, trying to hold her laugh while looking at him. He gave an ‘are-you-serious’ face as he put his hands on her shoulders.

“Do you like me back?”

“Maybe”

“Maybe?” He repeated after her, suddenly he was the one that felt insecure. Was he not enough for her? I am the Yoo Kihyun, she definitely likes me, right? His mind wander around, forgetting about the girl that was staring at him..

She shook her head, finding him cute when he gets lost in his mind. “Hey nerd, are you there?” She slapped his arm.

“Ouch” He yelped in pain, his nose scrunched cutely. “That hurts, woman” He said, rubbing his pained arm. She rolled her eyes, as her feet walked back to the house.

“W-Where are you going?” Kihyun yelled immediately.

“It’s getting cold, Kihyun” She replied, without turning back. “Just so you know, the thanks I said was for liking me back

Kihyun’s lips formed a wide smile and his legs quickly went beside her. His arm went around her shoulder, gaining a small hiss by her.

“Did I tell you to do this?” She shrugged her shoulder to state her point, but Kihyun firmly put his arm on them.

“You really love to argue with me, huh?” He lightly strangled her neck playfully. She struggled to remove his arm, that she noticed that he actually had some muscle.

“Get off me” She groaned grumpily.

“I’ll get off you when you stop with your mood swings” He said happily.

“That’ll be never –”

“Exactly” He winked at her as her cheeks grew red, before he dragged her back into the house with their warm hearts.


 

I hoped you like it and please do comment what you think of it! :)