HYUNGWON - 3

MONSTA X Oneshot Requests [REQUEST IS NOW CLOSED!]

Requested by: KaiJin_Yeonnie

OC name: Mina 

By: ch27


“I’m going, Mom!” Mina waved before closing the door behind her. With a bright smile, she walked out from her gate, only to notice one of her neighbor who walked out on the same time.

“Oh, Hyungwon” she called, waving with anthusiasm.

Hyungwon’s eyes quickly darted over her, he quickly sent her a smile. “Good morning sunbae” he greeted before closing the gate behind him.

Mina smiled brightly at him. A tint of pink was evident on his cheeks, and he cleared to compose himself. When he looked back at her, she waved enthusiastically. He was baffled, whether she wave at him or not.

When he was about to wave back, a girl ran past him, hugging Mina. He noticed it was her best friend, Dasom.

“Dasomm” Mina chuckled. “Finally, after two days of absence” she hugged her best friend by her shoulders.

Dasom and Mina chuckled at each other. “Oh, Hyungwon,” Dasom noticed the boy who was still awkwardly standing there, watching them.

“Oh, good morning sunbae” he bowed.

Dasom glanced at Mina, which earned a frown from the latter. Shrugging, Dasom turned back to the front and walked with Mina towards her school. Hyungwon was still standing in front of his gate, watching the two walked away.

Mina turned her head to him, waving before laughing along with Dasom. With a happy sigh, Hyungwon started to walk to his own school.

***

Kihyun snatched Hyungwon’s phone from his hands. He raised an eyebrow amusingly at Hyungwon, before scanning the phone in his hand. Hyungwon rolled his eyes and reached out to snatch his phone away from Kihyun’s hands.

Cleverly, Kihyun dodged his long arms and laughed.

“Really? Stalking her social media?” Kihyun laughed out loud, earning attention from their group.

“Did he stalk Mina-sunbae’s social media?” Changkyun leaned to Kihyun, scanning Hyungwon’s phone before burst out laughing.

“You should start a move,” Wonho chuckled.

“I can’t, okay. We’re from a different school, and she had so many boy friends” Hyungwon leaned himself back to his chair.

“Boyfriends? As if no space within?” Minhyuk teased.

Hyungwon was about to hit him when Kihyun interrupted. “Hyungwon, she sent a message to you!”

The rest of the group darted to them in curiosity. Hyungwon quickly snatched his phone from Kihyun’s hands. His heartbeat increased as he saw the notification. Taking a deep breath, he finally opened the message.

Quick take her out, someone is going to get her at the end of the week

—Dasom

“Who is Dasom?” Jooheon asked.

Hyungwon gulped, scenarios were playing in his mind. He was literally broke between asking her out or making some more time before he confessed. He and Mina were never close. Besides the greeting every time they met, they never engaged another conversation.

It made him perturbed even more.

“What are you waiting for?” Shownu pushed his shoulder, making him went out from his daze. “Go for it,” Shownu give him a smile, which made Hyungwon even more confident.

“I’ll confess to her,” he said with a nod of determination.

“Yes!” “That’s our Hyungwon!” his group broke into cheers and gave him an encouraging pat.

“Now, let’s go arrange Hyungwon’s romantic confession” Wonho said.

“Wait, who is this Dasom?” Jooheon asked, still feeling confused.

Instead of answering, they hit Jooheon with a glare.

***

“Sunbae!” Hyungwon called as he quickly stood up from his patio as soon as Mina walked up to her gate.

Mina looked up, surprised that Hyungwon was waiting for her. Or did he? She’s not sure. “What is it?” she smiled, closing the gate behind her.

He suddenly got nervous and words wouldn’t come out from his throat. Her grip tightened on her bag, confused by his sudden silence.

She tilted her head. “Hyungwon—“

“Are you free tomorrow night?” he suddenly blurted.

The sudden question caught Mina off guard. “Oh, um.. yes?” she said, unsure.

Hyungwon scratched his head, feeling embarrassed by his sudden outburst. “Oh, great then. I’m planning to go to a new restaurant around here at 7, would you come?” he asked, recomposing his confidence.

Mina was silent for a moment before nodding with a bright smile. “Of course, see you tomorrow,” she waved and walked to her house with a smile.

He watched as she went in her house. After a few moment of silence, he jumped, celebrating his success in the first step. He grinned widely and stared at the window that was on her room.

“Now, move on to the next step”

***

Hyungwon was a nervous-wreck when the clock was ticking near 7 pm. He kept rubbing his palms together and blew air into it, even though it’s not one of the cold summer nights. His eyes darted to her door, waiting for her to come out.

The sound of the opening door made him jump on his feet and rubbed his sweaty hands on his jeans.

“Hyungwon!” Mina greeted with a wide smile before closing the door behind her.

“Be safe okay?” her mother called from inside. “I will mom! Hyungwon is with me” she said back, grinning at him.

“Is it really okay, sunbae?” he asked, a bit unsure that her parents let her going out with him. She gave him a funny look. “Of course, it’s not like you would kidnap me or anything,”

He smiled wider and walked out from the gate, meeting her outside. “Let’s go?” he asked. He hesitated to offer his hand, but Mina already held his hand.

Hyungwon stared at her in slight surprise, which she replied with a smile. “I felt safe when I’m near you,”

Those words made him feel warm and determined to win her heart even more. They arrived at the restaurant in no time, making him regretted his decision to choose a nearby restaurant. The walk wasn’t quiet, Mina kept engaging them in a conversation until he didn’t feel awkward anymore to engage one.

“This smells good,” Mina hummed while she stared at the food they already ordered.

“Eat up, sunbae” he said. Every time they talked, a smile never failed to decorate their faces.

“Oh” Mina the spaghetti sauce on the corner of her lips. “This is really good!” she beamed, urging Hyungwon to eat too. “I’m glad I had such a fantastic diner”

“The food is great,” he nodded in agreement. “Yeah, the one who accompanied me is also great” she grinned before going to eat her own food. Hyungwon stared at her, slowly a smile emerged on his face.

“Noona,” he called.

Mina looked up from her food, surprised that he called her with ‘noona’ instead of ‘sunbae’ like he always did.

“I.. don’t know if it’s the right time, but I like you” he confessed. He gulped down the big lump in his throat, convincing himself it’s okay even if she rejected him. He was prepared for the worst.

She stared at him with wide eyes. Putting down her fork, she quickly took a gulp of her water. His heart was jumping in nervousness, waiting for her answer. When Mina finally looked at him, he could hear his own heartbeat filled his ears.

“I.. don’t know you like me” she confessed. She scratched her cheek. “But.. I like you too” she smiled softly at him.

His heartbeat stopped for a moment. “Wait, what?” he tried to clear his mind and asked her once more. “You like me?” he asked in disbelief.

“I do” she nodded, grinning while watching him stared at her in disbelief. “You look funny,” she pointed out.

“I can’t believe this,” Hyungwon leaned back on his chair, still processing the fact.

Mina reached or his palm, holding it gently. “I didn’t believe it either”

He smiled and held her hand in his. “Then.. will you be my girlfriend?”

Mina heaved a happy sigh, still smiling. “I’d love to”


This was requested by diamond2504 :)

Sorry if there's not much comedy in it, I hope you like it though!