HYUNGWON -1

MONSTA X Oneshot Requests [REQUEST IS NOW CLOSED!]

 

Requested by: KaiJin_Yeonnie

OC name:

By: thedreamerrr


The trip to the room for the nth time was mentally exhausting for him. The voice of his dad echoed through the long hall made he let out a soft sigh.

He pushed the door wider, before letting himself in quietly.

“You’re late again, Hyungwon”

He looked at his dad, showing nothing in his eyes. “I’m sorry again, father” His small voice hinted he was annoyed already, a common thing in the Chae family.

Hyungwon sat down beside his dad, his head hanging low as he tried to avoid the stares of a certain female.

“So, have your parents decided where the place is for the wedding?” His dad’s attention turned back to the female. The female shook her head reluctantly, still staring at Hyungwon.

“My father said he will talk to you about the possible places soon” She said smoothly, her voice sounded too confident, a little too perfect. It was obvious that she came from a rich family, one thing that Hyungwon never wanted to get involve with.

“I see,” His dad replied, his hand moved onto Hyungwon’s thigh. “I’ll give time for you two to talk to each other” He continued before standing up, and leaving the room.

There was definitely a dead silence in the room, especially when there was Chae Hyungwon in it. The female looked at the man in front of her. This tall, good-looking and quiet man that was going to marry her.

Her heart felt heavy yet again, whenever she was alone with him. It felt like she was different with him. She became more insecure, nervous and definitely intimidated by him. She didn’t like him at all, from the first time she laid her eyes on him until now.

She was nervous, whether she could survive with him in her life. To call this guy she barely knew, her husband.

“Will you be happy?” He finally broke the silence; his eyes stared deeply into hers. She gulped nervously, it was rare for him to look at her like that. But Chae Hyungwon was really unpredictable.

“What do you mean?” She tried to gain back her confidence, only to receive a crack on her voice. She mentally cursed at herself but a deep small chuckle from the male made her stop breathing.

“Will you be happy after you get married to me?” 

His eyes looked down immediately when he saw her hands were fiddling with the hem of her skirt, her obvious answer made him clenched his fists.

“Why did I even ask?” He mumbled angrily, while standing up. He was about to leave the suffocating room but her hand grabbed his arm before he could.

“Will you be happy after you get married to me then?” She asked timidly, her soft hand was still on his arm, for the first time ever.

“No”

She looked into his eyes, it didn’t show any pain or a lie. Instead, it showed emptiness. “Then why did you say yes to this marriage?” She asked him, and for the first time ever she really wanted his answer.

But his long fingers removed her hand on his arm, slowly and quietly he left the room.

 

“Yah Yoo Kihyun, how dare you touch my stuff?” Her soft voice spoke, hinting she wasn’t serious. She let out a small chuckle as the male in front of her put back her book on the table.

“Why are you getting mad at me these days?” Kihyun asked, his head shaking in disapproval. She immediately flew her hands up, defending herself. “I was only kidding, Kihyun” She said cutely, something she usually does to him.

“I know” He laughed, ruffling with her hair as she pouted. A loud cough from behind made them turned around, only to see Hyungwon with his arms crossed.

He scanned the both of them, who looked like they had fun before he came into her bedroom. He knew coming to her house was a bad timing today. They were going to talk about their wedding preparation but her so called best friend Yoo Kihyun decided to barge in. Her yet again, obvious pick made him stay in the living room alone.

“Hi, Hyungwon” Kihyun greeted the expressionless male. Hyungwon nodded slightly, his eyes were focused on her.

“What are you two doing?” He asked, his eyes were still fixed at the female. She gulped nervously, avoiding his eye contact.

“We’re just hanging out” Kihyun explained, oblivious at the tension between the two of them. “And she wanted me to choose her dress for next week”

Hyungwon’s face hardened hearing what Kihyun had said. Why is he the one choosing for her?

“Okay” was the only word that he could managed to say. The look from his fiancée was unreadable, but he had to leave this another suffocating room.

 

“I’ll meet you tomorrow, right?” Kihyun’s voice echoed into the living room, gaining a small sigh from Hyungwon.

“Yes, Kihyun” She rolled her eyes jokingly, and tip toed to kiss his cheek. “You’re the best, Kihyun, thank you” She said as she smiled widely.

“I’m always the best” He complimented himself, before receiving a soft slap on the arm. “You’re ridiculous” She said playfully.

“Only for you” Kihyun smoothly said, making her heartbeat faster. “Go home” She tried to maintain herself, pushing the male out of her house successfully.

She let her back contacted the door as she took a deep breath. It was a few seconds when she realized she felt someone was looking at her.

Her eyes widened seeing Hyungwon looking back at her.

“Hyungwon –”

His eyes shot back to look at the papers on the table. “Let’s get over with it” His monotone voice spoke, tapping his fingers on the wedding preparations papers.

“I didn’t know you waited for me” She said, looking at the clock telling her that he waited for 3 hours.

“It’s okay”

The cold response made the female quickly sat down on the couch, grabbing some of the papers. Their hands slightly touched, making Hyungwon flinched.

“Sorry” She mumbled, scratching her head nervously. “So, did your father decide on the wedding place yet?” She asked, hoping that Hyungwon had forgotten about the event with Kihyun.

“At the beach”

She froze, as she felt her heart suddenly at ease. Hyungwon looked at her eyes, smiling softly. He quickly removed his smile with his expressionless face when her head shot up.

“Did you –”

“It was obvious that you love the beach by all those collection you have on beaches” Hyungwon said, his eyes showed warmth, as he stared on the empty paper he was holding. He heard a small ‘thank you’ from her, making him looked at her.

Her genuine smile spread on her face and it made him stopped breathing.

She wiped off her smile when she realized Hyungwon was looking at her for too long. She cleared , feeling awkward again.

“Do you – do you like the beach though?”

“Depends”

She tilted her head slightly, confused. “What do you mean?”

“I like the beach when I’m with someone I like” He explained. Her heart felt at the edge, wanting to ask more.

“Will you like the beach during our wedding day then?”

“Depends”

She grew frustrated at his one word answers. She wanted to leave, to not want to know more but reacted oppositely.

“How so?”

Hyungwon’s lips formed a smile, as he looked deeply into her eyes. “If you’ll be there with me”

 

She tried to avoid Hyungwon, especially when he indirectly confessed to her. But was it really a confession?

It was no doubt that she felt something for him, his mysterious aura had intrigued her a little too much, a little too often now. It felt like she was starting to like

She immediately shook off the thought from her head as she went into the restaurant the next week, where her family and Hyungwon’s family with the exception of Kihyun were gathered.

“Where’s Hyungwon, dear?” Her mother asked, putting down her glass of water onto the table. She blinked, and shrugged her shoulders.

Didn’t he say he was here already?

“Let’s just eat first then” Hyungwon’s father said, his voice hinted disappointment. Everyone nodded, as she made her way beside Kihyun.

“Where is he?” Kihyun whispered the moment she sat down. She shrugged aimlessly, getting stunned by Kihyun’s look again. His soft voice made her like him even more.

It was wrong, especially when she was going to marry another man. A man called Chae Hyungwon.

“You should eat, here” Kihyun scooped a spoonful of vegetables on her plate. “You know how I don’t like veges, Kihyun!” She slapped his arm playfully, gaining an angel-like laugh from Kihyun. “I care for your health, okay” He smiled, showing off his cheek dimples.

“Ever since the first time we met”

A loud thud beside her made her surprised. She turned her head to see Hyungwon finally arrived. His face was nothing but emptiness and she didn’t want to question him. It was when she felt a soft touch on her hand made her heart dropped.

She stared at his face before looking at the hand that was asking for something.

Does he want to hold my…hand?

She her dry lips as she tried to process everything. Her hand went further from his, and that was it. Her pick between the two men were clear for him. It had always been Yoo Kihyun over him.

 

 

“Can we talk?” Kihyun raised his eyebrows when Hyungwon initiated the conversation. “About what?” Hyungwon eyed the female that was talking to his mother.

“Something important” He answered; his eyes went back to the male infront of him.

“Sure, I guess” Kihyun shrugged his shoulders as he followed Hyungwon.

It didn’t take long for the two of them to get drunk when Hyungwon kept giving beers to himself and Kihyun. The two men were drinking quietly, until Hyungwon decided to speak.

“Do you like her?”

Yes

Hyungwon clenched his fist tightly as the other male was drinking the beer, getting too comfortable in his house.

“Why are you getting so worked up?” Kihyun asked him, as he put his empty beer can on the table.

“You’re just being arranged married to her, don’t act like you love her when you’re actually not” Kihyun continued, it was as if he was trying to trigger Hyungwon.

“Like as if you love her too” Hyungwon spat, his eyes were shaking in anger. Kihyun smirked, crossing his arms.

“I do love her”

Hyungwon stood up from his seat and grabbed Kihyun’s collar. “No, you don’t” He hissed, pulling Kihyun’s collar higher.

“She likes me more than you, Hyungwon, she knows it’s only money between your family and hers” Kihyun said, pushing off Hyungwon roughly. “She will never like you, Hyungwon”

Hyungwon’s fist hit the other male on the face, bringing Kihyun to the floor.

He had never fought with anyone, but he had to beat up this male to get her.

The two men were throwing punches at each other, dragging each other everywhere. It was a mess until Hyungwon’s punch hit Kihyun too hard.

The shorter male fell on the floor again, coughing out blood. Hyungwon dropped on his knees, covering his face with his palm.

What have I done?

 

“It was my fault”

Hyungwon sighed as his fiancée was treating the other male with care. She was definitely ignoring him, even when he had apologized for the thousandth time.

She carefully applied cream onto Kihyun’s bruised cheek, gaining a small hiss of pain from him.

“Sorry” She said, softly applying it again.

Kihyun’s hand went towards her arm, stopping her. “Kihyun?” She said, confused at his act.

“I’m telling you, I am fine” He spoke; as he slowly slide off from the couch. “You have to take care of Hyungwon, not me”

Her breathing stopped for a while, staring at Kihyun who was leaving her sight. Her head turned to see Kihyun whispering to Hyungwon, and the both men nodded at the same time.

“Kihyun?” She called him out again.

“I’ll meet you again soon, don’t worry” Kihyun replied, forcing a smile with his bruised cheek. His hand was on Hyungwon, patting it twice before he removed it. “I’m gonna go, I need a real doctor to check me up” He chuckled slightly, before exiting the house.

The usual dead silent filled the house, only their breathing was heard.

“I said I was sorry” Hyungwon muttered, looking at the girl who was looking down on the floor. “Sorry for which one?”

Hyungwon was lost for words. What does she mean which one?

But what he saw made him felt bad. She was crying.

“Have you ever thought, Hyungwon, that I was actually worried about you?” She cried, her head was still hanging low.

“That maybe you got into an accident?”

“That maybe you were off somewhere with someone else?”

“I didn’t know what you were trying to do with Kihyun, but these thoughts were always in my head, Hyungwon” She said, her tears were dripping onto her cheeks.

Two long arms suddenly hugged her, warmly, as she felt Hyungwon’s breathing near her ear. “I’m so sorry”

“It’s okay” She mumbled against his sweater, wiping her tears. “I didn’t know you thought of this” She could feel Hyungwon’s smirk on top of her.

“Don’t start”

“I am a very interesting guy though” His face went near hers, making her heart dropped. She closed her eyes nervously; his overly good looks were getting into her.

“You’re cute when you’re nervous” He said, like as if it was something common for him to say that to her. She pushed him off but his strong arms held her firmly.

“I’ve been wanting to hug you so don’t let it end yet” He said, as he hugged her tightly. He left her breathless over his sweet talks. It was starting to grow onto her.

“What happened to the Chae Hyungwon that I know last time?”

“Still here with you” He winked cutely, moving his lips towards her ear. “Just a little more interesting now” His soothing voice made her shivered.

“Do you really want to marry me?” She asked, her arms went to hug him back. “I wanted to marry you when I saw you for the first time” He confessed, kissing her crown.

Her heart made a flip, her stomach had butterflies and she was slowly falling for him.

“Remember when you asked me if I will be happy if I married to you?” She spoke, gently hugging his warm body. “I will be happy, Hyungwon, no matter what ever happens”

“Even when there is a someone called Yoo Kihyun?”

She nodded, letting her face see his. “Are you jealous?” She grinned, eyeing him teasingly.

“No, I’m not” He rolled his eyes in annoyance. “ Just – Just don’t mention his name to me”

She chuckled, removing her arms from his waist. “Why are you letting go?” The sight of Hyungwon pouting made her feel special. It was a different side of him, something she would treasure a lot.

“I’m tired”

His arms slowly let go of her. “I have forever to hug you anyway” He winked again, smiling happily. 


I hope you liked it! Although it was lacking of the fluff :( thank you for requesting though, I'll try my best to write better next time!

 

I hope the rest of the subscribers liked it too, please do request though!