C1/1

Random Free Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What stalls? Wait are you pertaining to the stalls?!" He incredulously asked. His voice  hiked up a bit due to Dara's foolishness.

 

"Yes! The red tents, the streetfoods. The heart of the night life in South Korea!" She chirped, unfazed by Jiyong's reaction.

 

"You do realize that's a public place right? And we don't have anything to use as disguise here. So the answer is no." He blurted out with force.

 

"But... but at this hour the people there are probably dead drunk already! They wouldn't recognize us even without our disguises! So pleasee pleaseeeee?" She continued to push her luck. She knew Jiyong couldn't stand her aegyo. It's her hidden power you know. After some serious deliberation Jiyong heaved a deep sigh. 

 

She knows his weaknesses and she just know which buttons to push.

 

"Okay. But do you remember the last time we dated there?"  He shuddered at the memory.

 

"We were wrestled with both fans and drunk people. Yes, I can still remember it vividly." She shuddered too but that can't affect her good mood today.

 

~~~

They arrived at the stalls minutes later and Dara has been bouncing since they got off the car. Thankfully, Jiyong found extra masks sitting idly at his compartment so their faces are covered slightly.

 

They walked hand in hand and picked a table far from the others. Jiying was left on the table because Dara insisted that she'll be the one to order.

 

"Ahjumma, give me three plates of Tteokbokki, one serve of this spicy chicken and two bottles of soju." She said in a low voice and she adjusted her mask a little bit.

 

"Oh, no need to hide. I perfectly know who you are and who you're with tonight." The ahjumma said while chuckling. Dara's eyes almost fell out of its sockets.

 

"But don't worry. I won't tell. Here's your order." She received the foods and muttered a great Thank you.

 

"Jiyong, the Ahjumma recognized us." She whispered once she arrived at their table.

 

"Then let's go home!" He was about to bolt off his seat but she held his hand tightly.

 

"No! She promised she won't tell anyone." Dara reassured him.

 

"Are you sure?" He asked. He's not very comfortable of the situation because of the past events that happened the last time they came here.

 

"Don't be paranoid Ji, let's just enjoy this okay?" 

 

He nodded. She's right. They need to treasure the time they have right now. So then, the intense eating and storytelling began. Dara started bombarding Jiyong with stories that happened to her the last week that they didn't meet. Yes they text, chat and facetime a lot but it's totally different when you are actually talking face to face.

 

Jiyong did the same, he told her some funny moments that happened during their mv filming. They can't help but burst in to laughter everytime one of them told a joke or a funny. They are in their own bubble, no one seems to matter but them and them only.

 

One and a half botte of soju later, Dara was laughing wholeheartedly when she heard something. No it's not something, it is someone crying. Somewhere not far from their table, a crying five your old little boy emerged.

 

He looked kind of lost and intervally sobbing while calling for mommy. Dara can't help but to go to the little kid and carried him to their table. He let him sat on her lap. She cooed the kid to stop crying and minutes later and after taking some Tteokbokki, he finally calmed down.

 

"Finally! Aigoo, little boy what is your name huh?" She asked in 'baby tone'.

 

The boy sniffed but eventually replied "Wooshik. My name is Choi Wooshik."

 

"Okay Wooshik-ie, where's your Umma? Why are you alone here? Your umma must be very worried now." She inquired. Maybe he sneaked and got separated by her mom. 

 

All along, Jiyong was just silently observing Dara interacting with the little boy. She seemed good with kids. He can see the change of the glow in her eyes whenever Dara is near with kids.

 

'She'll be a very good mother.' He thought. But nah, he dismissed the thought of  having kids. It's still too early and she's still at the peak of her career right now. 

 

'But she's in her thirties now, it's a good time to have a baby...' He thought again but shaked his head to throw the thoughts away.

 

Wooshik was explaining that he was just walking side by side with his mother but the next time he looked to his side, his mother is not there anymore. That's when he started wandering around and cried when he still can't find his mother. While the little boy was still telling his story, a loud ringtone interrupted him.

 

"Wait, that must be mine. Jiyong, hold Wooshik for a moment." She handed Wooshik to him which he awkwardly carried and placed on his lap. He's not really familiar and good with kids but he doesn't hate them.

 

Dara excused herself to take the call and went somewhere quieter.

 

Omo! Bommie is the one calling! She knew how overprotective and pushy she is. What to do?! WHAT TO DO?!

 

"*cough* *cough* Bommie? Why did you call?" She asked in a 'just woke up' voice. She saw Jiyong looking at the kid with utmost confusion, an unknown smile crept up to her lips.

 

"DARAAA! Are you okay? Should I give you some of my health foods or something?! I have this deer's belly button that works like magic!" Bom's voice boomed through the phone's speaker. She was still staring at Jiyong from afar and she was amazed at how fast the emotions passed his face minute by minute. Omo! She felt like she's a creepy stalker. He is now smiling and nodding like he finally understood a Math problem.

 

 

"No. Bommie it's okay. Umma is taking care of me right now so I should be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter