W2/3

Random Free Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Aigoo, why is it so hot here?!" Jiyong exclaimed the moment he set foot on the little island. The heat of the burning white sand seeped through the thick soles of his slipper. 

 

"This is all your fault. You know that right?" Dara deadpanned. Jiyong helped her out of the motorized boat and slowly guided her to land on the island. 

 

"Forgive me this once will you? It totally slipped my mind" Jiyong sheepishly said, the guilt consuming him once again. Well, Dara's been nagging at it for hours and there's nothing he can do but apologize. He felt they just wasted a perfectly good day in paradise. 

 

It took them hours to rent a car, and it also took them hours to reach this island so basically, they only have a couple of hours before sunset. 

 

 "Well, it's almost 4PM so it will not be that hot much longer." Dara tried to console him. Yeah, she knows that she may have nagged a little bit but she doesn't want Jiyong to feel guilty about it. She doesn't want to ruin a good mood and a somewhat good day. 

 

"Oh, what's that?" Jiyong pointed to a tent with people lining up outside. 

 

"Maybe it's the entrance or something? Let's go." Dara pulled Jiyong's hand and they fell in line before a group of people arrived in the next boat. 

 

Dara is a little nervous that maybe someone would just recognize her, but she observed that people just mind their own business so it maybe safe to be careless just this time. She also saw a lot of foreign people come which made her smile. Philippines is truly a good place to spend time with the family. 

 

"Hey, it's our turn now." He whispered. He doesn't know what to say. 

 

"Magkano po Ma'am?" He heard Dara speak to the woman inside the makeshift tent. Hearing her speak Filipino still amazes him you know. It sounded cute yet y at the same time. 

 

"Bente pesos per head Ma'am. Pangtulong po sa maintenance dito." The woman replied as she received the fifty pesos bill from Dara. She then gave a couple coins of change to her. 

 

"Ma'am, ba't parang pamilyar kayo? Kamukhang kamukha mo si... Si ano... San-" The woman almost blurted her name before Dara cut her off. 

 

"Madami pang naghihintay sa likod oh, alis na kami ah?" She hurriedly said and left the booth. Jiyong is momentarily confused but he just thought the woman almost recognized Dara. 

 

"What did she say? What happened?" He whispered while they were fast walking away from the booth.

 

"Uh... she said it's twenty pesos per head and the funds will go to the maintenance of this island and then she said that I looked familiar and oh! She almost said my name--" Dara incoherently blurted out before she bumped into the person in front of her. They were busy whispering to each other that they didn't saw the girl in front of them that's hidden behind the lens of her camera. 

 

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" He immediately checked Dara to see anything or something.

 

"Sorry ka- HALA TAE" The girl blurted out before covering that effectively blocked a scream. 

 

"What did she say?" Jiyong whispered, shocked on the girl's actions.

 

"She said 'Sorry' and then 'Oh '." Dara whispered back. 

 

"What do you think happened? Did she recognize us?" 

 

"Guys, I can hear you, you know." She deadpanned. Duh, they're in front of her so she can basically hear everything. "Oh well I knew it! Something did happened. I knew the comeback would not be cancelled that easily without a good reason. But I wasn't expecting this good of a reason!" The girl started babbling on and on as if Jiyong and Dara is not there. She even muttered something about statistics and chances that led to MAMA and other stuffs. She then started thanking the Gods for this wonderful blessing she saw in front of her. 

 

"I can't believe this. You guys are actually having a baby!" She whispered, her voice raspy and rough. Jiyong saw her dramatically wipe a tear that escaped from her eye and silently sniffed. 

 

"D-do you recognize us?" Jiyong whispered in horror. 

 

"Is that even a question? I've been watching you guys for years!" She declared in delight. "Wa-wait. I'm dreaming right? Oh. Stupid me. How could this even happen if I'm not dreaming?" The light in the girl's eyes instantly fell together with the life in her voice. 

 

"Bu-but you aren't dreaming." Dara said. 

 

"Meh. Stop denying it. I dreamed a couple of times and whenever I ask them if they're real, they always said I'm not dreaming. But in the end it was all just a dream!" She replied, dejected once again. When will this dream

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter