Y2/2

Random Free Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The baby is coming, so stop staring at me like an idiot and move!" Dara exasperatedly said after seeing GD frozen on his spot for a couple of seconds. He blinked a couple of times as if he's seeing Dara for the first time. 

 

"Ca-can't you tell the baby to hold out for a little more? Minyoung said the baby will be out next week and technically today is still not next week ri-" 

 

"Jiyong, one more stupid thing, and I'll be literally signing divorce papers tomorrow." She almost shouted after hearing him ramble like the complete idiot he is. 

 

Jiyong opened his mouth but no words came out. His hand started to shake and he felt his heartbeat spiked. He's still frozen on spot like someone chained him on the bed. He knew he had to do something but his foggy and clouded brain and stupid body won't move a single muscle.

 

He felt a stinging pain in his left cheek and heard the crisp sound of flesh connecting to the other which made the clouds in his head float out to wilderness.

 

"WHAT? ARE YOU SOBER NOW?! OR DO YOU WANT ME TO SLAP YOU AGAIN ON YOUR RIGHT CHEEK?!" Dara desperately said, while aiming for her right cheek. 

 

"No, no. That's uh- enough. I t-think I'm awake now. O-okay, first, le-let's get you ca-calm and collected-" He hyperventilated while trying to wear his pants in the right way. Which he's failing since she noticed the he wore it on the opposite side which he didn't even noticed. 

 

"Jiyong, chill. You're the one who needs to breathe. It's as is you're the one delivering the baby! Breathe." She said while making him look at her in the eyes. She held on his shoulder and rubbed it a couple of times until she noticed that he's slowly breathing evenly. 

 

"I-I'm sorry. I am just so nervous..." He truthfully admitted. This is a million times nerve wracking than their debut stage!

 

"Me too. I'm so so nervous and afraid right now, that's why you have to be strong so that I can lean and depend on you-AHH!" She sincerely whispered when she felt a stronger contraction hit her straight. Panic filled Jiyong's system as he saw Dara writhing in pain in front of him. He tightly held unto her as he rubbed her back, hoping to ease some of her pain. He prepared and learned everything he should know in Dara's sessions, but they didn't even prepared him of what's to come. 

 

"Woah, t-this is quite a lot more painful than the previous o-ones." Dara tried to laugh through the pain but her voice miserably broke without her will. 

 

"Ca-can you walk?" Jiyong asked while wearing the 'bag' they prepared beforehand. 

 

She nodded and uttered a yes in a small voice. The contraction ended a little while ago, and her body is still relaxing after the ordeal it went through. 

 

They made it into their garage with only one of their cars. He helped and assisted her in entering the car even though he's mostly shaking, but he put Dara's words earlier in his mind and that's what making him go. They are surely not ready of what's in store for them for the next few hours. 

 

The car belt out a pathetic gargling sound the moment he started the engine. He tried again, again, and again yet they are still faced with the same sound again. 

 

"Wh-why is it not starting?" Dara asked in a low voice. She is having the gut feeling of what's happening but she is literally willing herself not to entertain the thought. Almost 5 minutes have passed yet... 

 

"I-I'm going to check the engine." He said, trying to deny the impending situation. 

 

"Ok- AH!" Dara squirmed as she felt another one coming. Jiyong held her hand tightly as he once again witnessed her wife in great pain. His heart clenched so hard that it's slowly getting hard to breathe. Tears threaten to flow out of his eyes, yet he held it in, he needed to be strong for his wife and for the baby. 

 

"B-breathe... Inhale... Exhale..." He coached while wiping the beads sweat forming on her forehead. "You're doing great, you can do this." He whispered as she let out a whimper. After a couple of agonizing seconds later, Dara started to calm down as the pain slowly fade away. 

 

"I'll be back." He whispered as he jumped off the car to check the engine. He stared at the engine and wires in front of him yet nothing seems to make sense. His mind is on alert, panic is slowly filling his system and pain is constantly slapping him knowing that Dara is currently suffering. He pulled his hair out of frustration. How could something like this happen in such a day like this? They only have one car here in their house, and that car decided to break down on the fcking day Dara's going to give birth. 

 

"What's wrong? Can you fix it?" Dara's worried voice entered his ears and that somehow kept him grounded. 

 

"I know that's something is wrong, but I can't ing see what is it and my mind and body is not cooperating at all!" He shouted in frustration. What should he do?!

 

"Let's just get in the house okay? We'll call Minyoung, and 911 and else so that they can help. Oh? Oh?" She soothed Jiyong as she knew that it is frustrating and killing him to see her like this. He nodded, thankful that Dara's still strong even at a time like this. 

 

~~~

 

"911, what's your emergency?" 

 

"M-my wife is going to give birth and my car just decided to break down so we need an ambulance right now!" He exasperatedly breathed out. 

 

"Oh? Aren't you GD? You're GD right? I can't mistake your voice for anyone else!"

 

"Uh... I am-" He doesn't know what to say. The world doesn't know, and one little mistake can either break or sustain both of their careers. 

 

"I appreciate you calling, but please be mindful that calling the 911 is not a funny prank. I will not report this since you are GD but you will not be exempted the next time you make a prank like this. Thank you." And the line went dead, leaving a very frustrated dragon. 

 

"The 911 would not believe me since she recognized my voice! How unprofessional is that?!" Dara almost laughed. She settled herself and sat their low sofa which somehow helped ease her back pain.

 

"It's the most rational thing though. Who in their right mind would believe what you just said right now? It's absurd." She snorted which annoyed him even more. "Call Minyoung." She said to the panicking man once again. 

 

After 3 rings, Minyoung finally picked up. 

 

"Whaaat? It's 2AM..." She groggily said. She's definitely tired and this cheap bed in their hospital is making her more tired. 

 

"Thebabyiscomingandthe911wouldnotbelieveuswhatshouldwedo?!" The doctor's face crumpled as strings of incoherent words filled her ears. 

 

"Woah. Hold up! Talk slowly please, I just woke up."

 

"THE BABY IS COMING!"

 

"Wha-what? Then call 911!" She stood upright as she finally made sense of everything. 

 

"THEY WOULD NOT BELIEVE US. THEY THOUGHT IT WAS JUST A PRANK OR SOMETH-." Jiyong voice croaked as he felt Dara squeezing his hand once again as another wave of pain hit her. She took no time and just screamed her guts off.

 

". It's another contraction. What should we do?!" Jiyong's voice was barely heard behind Dara's screams and curses. 

 

"AH... UH... SHOULD I BRING AN AMBULANCE THERE?!" Minyoung started to feel panic in her system. She's usually not like this, but hearing Dara like that made her stress levels rise.

 

"You can do that?!"

 

"UH... NO! IT WOULD ALSO TAKE ALMOST AN HOUR TO GO THERE AND ALMOST AN HOUR TO GO BACK HERE." She said as she mentally calculated the time, the destination and the speed of things.

 

"I'll just give birth here. I don't want to end up giving birth on the road." Dara told Jiyong as she noticed them quite confused on what to do. The phone is on a loudspeaker mode so she can also hear Minyoung's voice on the other side. 

 

"What? Is that possible?!" Jiyong asked flabbergasted. He can't even imagine Dara giving birth in any other place than a hospital.

 

"Yes, it is possible. But Dara are you really sure of it? There would be no medical interventions, meaning there would be no painkillers and such?" The doctor asked her worriedly. 

 

"Yes, I'm sure of it. This is a win-win solution. We're too far from your hospital and we would eliminate the risk of the whole world knowing about our situation." Dara seriously said as determination is etched on her brow. This will be a really long night ahead. 

 

"I didn't even thought of that. But is it really safe?" Jiyong doubted. He can't even begin to imagine his wife pushing their baby out here in their own home.

 

"Natural Births are perfectly safe, and Dara's pregnancy has been good and healthy so she can opt for this delivery. Don't worry, I'll fly there as fast as I can."

 

"So what should we do?" 

 

"Give me a minute. I'll borrow my fellow doctor's motorbike, and I'll call you back." Then the line went dead. 

 

"You're sweating." Jiyong whispered as he noticed the beads of sweat on her forehead. "I'll get you a towel." Dara nodded and smiled. She knew it's a long night ahead, and she can't help but be scared and excited of what's going to happen.

 

Jiyong came back with a towel and he wiped her head and neck gently and slowly. He can't help but feel the pain she's feeling. 

 

"Do you want to lie down?" He softly asked. 

 

"No, bei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter