Chapter 8

One Day, Long Ago
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8

 

Song for this chapter// Overjoyed By Bastille {Distance Remix}

 

 

 

Eun Bi’s POV

 

"Last time I checked you weren't involved back then. So who are you to say such a thing?" My comeback confounded Joy, as she was rendered speechless. Her shoulders slowly declined back, realizing that she was wrong to even bring up the topic. "I'll pretend this conversation never happened for Tae Kwang's sake." I stated, brushing past her when I halted and whispered into her ear. “Next time, think before you say anything.” My stilettos sounded as I made my exit from the restroom.

 

I returned to the table, unsettled by the brief yet abrasive conversation with Tae Kwang’s current girlfriend. My friends noticed the shift in my mood, asking me what was wrong till Joy came back to the table. Then I saw her whisper into Tae Kwang's ear, assuming that she telling him what occurred in the female restroom.

 

Grabbing my purse off the chair, I stood up, telling my friends, “I need to go. The kids are waiting for me.” I was done. Seeing how Tae Kwang was worried about her reaction regarding his health, I could tell that she was insular. Also the way she treated me today when I was nothing but nice to her was simply uncalled for. Her actions reflected on who she was as a person and so I took a disliking to her. 

 

“But you said that you were free for the entire night and that the kids were at a sleepover. Eun Bi, don’t leave like this.” Shi Jin grabbed onto my hand, preventing me from leaving.

 

“We can catch up later.” I muttered, freeing myself from her grip and stepped away. My assumption on Tae Kwang not coming to my aid was proven correct when a hand wrapped around my wrist, dragging me away from the table and outside the building. Tae Kwang backed me up against a wall, talking to me in an elevated bitter tone.

 

"What was that?” My lips remained pressed together as I noticed his jaw tightening with frustration. “Don’t do this! You keep making me liable to you. Please stop….” My pressed lips naturally lifted away from each other upon hearing Tae Kwang’s curtness. Knowing him I was slightly expecting some profanity to stumble out, but then I remembered our promise. When we began to get along I proposed that our friendship was too valuable to be ruined by words said in anger, so we promised that we would speak to each other without contempt. Never. No matter what the circumstance was, we would refrain from speaking with contempt. With his eyes growing cloudier by the second, he continued on.

 

“When Joy told me what happened, I was so close to defending you. Because I know you! Do you see what I’m getting at? Why did you have to come back? You should have stayed gone. I was just getting over you…” I was torn by his bleeding words that exposed his bleeding heart. No words could amount to an apology, for it was simply unnecessary. What I just heard didn’t offend me any way. He had every right to not want to see me.

 

“Then what do you want me to do?” I asked, tugging back my hand, which Tae Kwang was still grasping. “I was nothing but kind to Joy, yet she was the one that instigated the whole situation first. Now I’m not asking you to take my side. This isn’t about that. You’re in a relationship with Joy, so act like her boyfriend. It’s time to take her side. I would never get in between you and Joy.” I candidly told him. I thought from Joy’s perspective and it would be natural of her to feel threatened by his boyfriend’s ex. So what occurred today was simply the result of her insecurity.

 

“Okay then.” Tae Kwang’s inhaled in a deep breath. “Let’s go back in and have dinner with our friends just like we planned.”

 
We returned to our seats and Joy instantly looked to Tae Kwang as she wrapped her hands around his bicep once he was seated. Yi Ahn glanced over at me, giving me a benign expression.

 

“You’re sure, you’re okay?” Song Joo asked, checking up with me before we all headed to the club after everyone split the check.

 

“I’m okay. Don’t worry about me.” I told her with a soft smile, appreciating her concern.

 

We split into two cars, Tae Kwang and Shi Jin’s. I opted to take Shi Jin’s car while Joy, Yi Ahn, went into Tae Kwang’s convertible. On the way to the club, I made sure to bid the kids goodnight.

 

“Ra Jin ah, sleep well tonight and tomorrow just call me when you want me to pick you up. Have fun at your sleepover.”

 

“Okay! Goodnight, Unni!”

 

“Goodnight, Ra Jin.” Then I quickly dialed Seung Min and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter