Chapter 27

One Day, Long Ago
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One Day, Long Ago Chapter 27

 

“Tae Kwang and Eun Bi have such profound emotional capacities, which I honestly find very unfortunate for their circumstances.” ~~~ Dr. Ji Hae Soo

 

Song for this chapter// My Love by Lee Hi (Moon Lovers OST)

 

Eun Bi’s POV
 

It felt like screaming until my lungs gave out and I couldn’t even utter a sound. It felt crying till I choked on my own tears. I could sense my inhibitions unraveling. My chest heaved with the deep breaths I took. I rummaged through my purse for my pills and then swallowed them with before as I crumpled the paper cup in my hand. My brain kept replaying the scene of Tae Kwang on the bathroom floor like a video loop on repeat. Joy, who was sitting beside me was deep in thought as well. I looked up to see Tae Kwang’s parents nearing his door. I felt the urge to do something, anything.

 

And so I slipped into his room in order to retrieve the letter from his suit pocket and give it his parents. My blood boiled when my eyes fell upon his body lying in the hospital bed unconscious. Anger and sorrow was my only response. I wanted to scream at him and blame him for he’s done, yet at the same time I wanted to hug him and thank the heavens for keeping him alive. When it came to him, everything became a paradox for us. Our thoughts, feelings, and actions all contradicted everything we thought, felt, and intended to act because we were incessantly struggling against the right way and the honest way.

 

I the folded letter from the internal pocket of suit and grabbed it. On my way out, I allowed the words to spill it out.

 

“I hate you so much, Tae Kwang.”

 

Outside, I smoothed out the wrinkles in the worn envelope with Joy wondering what I was doing. She accompanied me as I approached his parents, who were sitting on a bench with a concerned expressions.

 

“Hello. I’m-“

 

“Lee Eun Bi. How could I forget? You were there the night Tae Kwang fainted. It’s been four years now and you’re still by his side.” I nodded at her. I held out the letter for Tae Kwang’s father to accept. In this moment he wasn’t Chairman Gong to me, but a father who was overwhelmed with concern for his son.

 

“This is for you.” He took the letter from my hands, reading the label on it. “It’s a letter addressed to you from your son. He went to see you, so that he could give you that himself. It has been delayed for so long. I thought that you needed to see this.” With that said he ripped open the worn envelope, taking out the folded letter. For a minute he held the letter in his hands without opening it.

 

“Would you mind reading this for me?” He asked, and so I gladly accepted and unfolded the letter that should have been delivered four years ago. I cleared my throat, feeling Joy’s and his parents’ eyes on me before proceeding to read the letter.

 

“Dear Father, 

There is a girl I love. When I look at her I happen to see myself in her. She too has the scars that still incessantly plague me today. The loneliness that flows through my heart, flows through her's as well. Like me this girl is haunted by her self-destructive ways, fearing what she is capable of. But whenever I see her smile I'm reminded of the happiness we both deserve to attain and have. And when we're both laughing it feels as though we have escaped into a universe where everything is alright. With her I'm no longer the misunderstood, erse, rebellious kid everyone else makes me out to be, with her I'm just happy. So everyday I go to bed, grateful for having met this wonderful girl who brights up my dreary days with her dazzling, breath taking smile. However I learned that another individual does not determine your happiness for you. The only cure to my disorder is exactly that. Happiness. An optimistic mind is the key to a healthy life. And the root of my happiness is you, father. I grew dista

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter