Chapter 29

One Day, Long Ago
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One Day, Long Ago Chapter 29

 

Song for this chapter// Whisper of Hope By Gothic Storm

 

 

Joy’s POV

 

Empathy. Never have I ever seen someone with such profound empathy for others. However it made sense that a girl like Eun Bi, who survived such adversity would be able to understand another’s suffering.

 

“Did you get stitches?” I gasped, noticing the hem of her left jean was cut, revealing a bandaged shin. “Are you in a lot of pain, or?”

 

“I’m okay. Thanks for asking.” She said to me. “Aren’t you tired? You stayed here the whole night.”

 

“That’s what I should be asking you.”

 

“There’s no rush to get home. Besides no one’s there anyway. Oh and Joy? I wanted to tell you that I’m sorry about how things ended up between you and Tae Kwang.” Now that I knew the entire truth, all I could feel was regret and remorse. I should have been a better girlfriend to him, but most of all someone he could trust and rely on. I wasn’t able to be that person for him. I no longer resented Eun Bi; instead I was thankful Tae Kwang had her by his side.

 

“I should be the one saying sorry. All this time I never knew how much you meant to Tae Kwang. I acted incredibly immature and so for that I’m sorry that I harbored dislike towards you. You’re someone that doesn’t deserve that.”

 

“I appreciate it. Thanks.” Silence returned between us until I asked her another question I was eager to find the answer to.

 

“When Tae Kwang told me about his first love, he said that he met you at school and he fell in love. Did he exclude the hospital part out, because he couldn’t share with me the truth?”

 

“His hesitancy to tell you the truth did have a role in it, but mostly it’s because he reserved that for himself and us. He felt entitled to keep that to himself. Also Joy, we were never together. Because we didn’t have each other, we could never lose one another. How can you lose something you never had?”

 

Tae Kwang’s POV

 

“Did you know that? I almost died outside this very hospital.” I choked out, crying as I revealed to my parents and Joy the events that transpired here. Crying for me was the utmost natural response to sharing the story of my deepest secrets. However every time I told it, it felt as though I was healing myself from the pain, grateful for t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter