Chapter 22

One Day, Long Ago
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One Day, Long Ago Chapter 22

 

Song For This Chapter// Love Is by Davichi

 

“It was difficult, wasn’t it? It was difficult, now lean on me. Now learn how to receive.” ~ Love Is

 

Eun Bi’s POV

 

21 years old.

 

That means that I have been breathing for a total of twenty-one years. For twenty-one years I’ve incessantly been surprised to wake up every morning to experience a new day.

 

Because I never once believed that I would live to see my twenty-first birthday. I never once believed that I would end up attending university at Seoul University. I never once believed that I would become an adult. I never once believed that I would meet a person like Tae Kwang. I never once believed that I would have the will and courage to continue living.

 

Because I once believed that I would not live past the age of eighteen.

 

Four years have passed meaning four birthdays have passed. Four years of my education have passed. Four years have passed since the day I was given a second chance at life. Four years have passed since I last walked the halls of this corridor.

 

I sat down in the plush chair across from her desk, in which Dr. Ji remaining sitting. She sent me a smile, rummaging around her bookshelf to place a white envelope in front of me. I looked back at her, curious as to what it was.

 

“Don’t tell me you don’t remember? This would be the only reason you’re back here.”

 

“I’m sorry I don’t. What is this?” I grabbed the envelope off the table and turned it to the front. The words that were written in my penmanship startled me.

 

To 21 year old Eun Bi.

 

From 18 year old Eun Bi.

 

An inaudible gasp left my parted lips as I recalled what this envelope was. It was the day before I left and Dr. Ji wanted me to write a reflection of my time here by writing a letter. Since I had no one else to write to, I opted to write a letter to my future self.

 

“I remember you telling me that if you ever lost your will that you would come and find it here. That’s why I had this with me all these years. You entrusted it to me before you left.”

 

“I did, didn’t I?” I was startled at the appearance of this envelope in front of me.

 

I have always been scared of regressing back to my eighteen-year-old self, who was filled with self loathing, insecurity, despair, pain, and was reticent. Every day she lost the will to keep going on and only looked forward to sleeping once she woke up.

 

But now she was no longer reticent, but audacious in her confidence and full of self- love and care. Over the four years I have changed drastically for the better. I am n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter