Chapter 4

One Day, Long Ago
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One Day, Long Ago Chapter 4

 

Song For This Chapter is Be My Forever// Christina Perri

 

Joy’s POV

 

Everything felt foreign to me, but I couldn’t deny that I was reveling in his audacious displays of affection toward me coupled with his flirtatious words. It was a lovely reversal for once with Tae Kwang finally being the one to court me. I was getting discouraged of initiating kisses and hand holding first.  

 

He pulled my seat out for me before we sat down at the table that he reserved for us at one of the finest French cuisine restaurants in Gangnam. During the entire night a smile was tattooed onto my lips, as Tae Kwang was nothing but an absolute gentleman toward me.

 

After our meal was served, he switched his already sliced steak with mine and then he continued to slice. His debonair actions were irresistible.

 

“Joy, I want to tell you something.”

 

“I knew something was up the moment you told me about this date! What is it?” I asked, not expecting what was to follow.  

 

“We’ve been dating for around six months now and it came to me that I never been very personal with you. So I arranged this date tonight, wanting to tell you that I’ll do better. I’ll be a much better boyfriend to you from now on. I promise.” His gaze was inscrutable, yet the way he caressed my hand was enough for me to take his words to the heart. A reply wasn’t necessary, and so I simply smiled back at him.

 

When we ordered two flutes of champagne, the waiter was skeptical of our age so he asked us for our I.D.’s. Smirking, I clinked our glasses together with Tae Kwang.

 

“I’m not going to let you order another glass. Wine is all about moderation. And besides your dad would kill me if I let you get drunk.”

 

“Now we wouldn’t want that, would we?” I teased my boyfriend, gulping down the rest of the bubbly champagne.

 

The date came to an end once the car stopped in front of my parent’s house. Tae Kwang walked me to the door, treating me the utmost courtesy. Half the time he’s either joking around or acting annoyingly immature, so tonight I was given the time to see Tae Kwang as a fine young gentleman who so happens to be my boyfriend. I was completely smitten with this side of him to the point I wanted to see it every single day.

 

“Good night, Joy.” He said to me as I wrapped my arms around his torso. Leaning into his lips I told him,

 

“I had a wonderful time tonight.” As the proximity between us grew closer and closer I was keen to kiss him on the lips when the door expectantly swung open, revealing my mother. In the blink of an eye, I dropped my arms and faced my mother with embarrassment creeping up onto my cheeks, making them feel too warm. I could tell that Tae Kwang was nervous as well since he kept tripping over his words as he spoke to my mom. To me, he was downright adorable.

 

“Hello, Mrs. Park! I… I …  uhh...was dropping Joy off.”

 

“I can see that. Would you like to come in for some tea?” Tae Kwang politely declined my mom’s offer.

 

“Maybe next time, Mrs. Park. Well it was a pleasure seeing you today. Goodnight to the both of you!” With a weak chuckled, he waved at us while walking back to his car. At the door my mom shot me a knowing look with a smile on her lips.

 

My mom transferred the bouquet of roses that Tae Kwang gifted me into a vase filled halfway with water. I joined my father in the lounge room, where he sat watching the nightly news on the wide

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter