Chapter 2

One Day, Long Ago
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One Day, Long Ago

 

 

 

Song For This Chapter: Remember That by BTOB

 

 

“The street I walked on like a habit. Only has the scent of the painful season. She.”(BTOB, Remember That)

 

 

Tae Kwang’s POV

 

“Oppa! Wake up! Oppa!” I shielded my ears with my pillow, not wanting to escape the comforts of my bed. It was the weekend where I didn’t have to wake up early for my classes, so all I wanted was to completely enjoy the opportunity of being able to sleep in. Joy’s relentless morning calls were getting tiresome by the minute.

 

“Please. Shh…” I mumbled with my eyes shut.

 

“Wake up!” She exclaimed, resorting to the act of yanking the blanket away from me. I groaned, but remained lying on the bed while cuddling the spare pillow.  I assumed Joy was getting extremely impatient with me, for she attacked me with the pillow that was in my arms. Having enough of her antics, I grabbed her by the waist. Joy fell on top of me and everything was silent. I opened one eye to see her blushing, shyly.

 

“Finally you’re quiet. Now can we just sleep in? It’s not like every day we don’t have any classes to attend.” I murmured to her, resuming my sleep with my girlfriend wrapped in my arms.

 

 

Late into the afternoon Joy ended up coaxing me out from underneath the blankets with food. When I left my bedroom and into the kitchen it was redolent of cooking ramyun.

 

“Food never fails.” My girlfriend remarked, stirring the noodles in the pot with a lovely smile.

 

We sat side-by-side, eating our lunch when Joy thanked me for last night. I didn’t understand what she was thanking me for. But then a smile appeared on my lips when she clarified that she was thanking me for my honesty while telling her about my past relationship. Outside on the balcony last night I actually worried if she was doing okay after I told her about Eun Bi and I, so now my worries were put to rest.

 

“Joy, I’m going out later to see my dad. How about you? Any plans?” I asked as Joy rested her head on my shoulder. From the start she was very initiative in physical affection almost to the point it took me off guard every time.

 

“My friends and I are going shopping later. Can you drop me off before you go see your dad?”

 

“Sure. What time do you need to get there by?”

 

“I think around three o’clock?”

 

“That works.” I looked up at the clock hanging over the flat screen TV and saw that we only had an hour before three. I was about to get up and head into my bathroom to get ready to go out when Joy asked me something that made me halt in my tracks.

 

“When will I be able to meet your parents? You already met mine.”  All she knows about my family is that I’m a single child with divorced parents. I never told her who my mother was or anything much pertaining to my family. Everything was too much of a mess. I didn’t want her finding out. That’s why I never talked to her about my parents or my relationship with them. Whenever I heard her talk about her family I always envied their close bond. “What? Are you afraid that they won’t like me? I am a very likable girl!” Her attitude at that moment was excessively peppy. Feigning an impish grin, I glanced at her before getting ready to head out.

 

 

 

 

“Thanks for the ride, Oppa!” Joy gave me a haste kiss on the cheek, running out to where her group of friends was waiting.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter