Chapter 16

One Day, Long Ago
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One Day, Long Ago Chapter 16

 

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS IS A WORK OF FICTION THAT MERELY INCLUDES REAL FACTS.

 

Song for this chapter// Half Light by BANNERS (JOY’s POV SONG)

 

Joy’s POV


“Song Hee Yeon is Oppa’s mom!” I disclosed to my mom over breakfast at the dinner table.

 

“Song Hee Yeon? The celebrity that is notorious for marrying so many times?”

 

“Mom! Don’t say that!” I was quick to correct her, for Song Yee Heon was now no longer a celebrity my mom could carelessly gossip about. She was my boyfriend’s mom.

 

“How hard it must have been for Tae Kwang growing up without a mom around. Poor Tae Kwang. See? That is why you should always appreciate your parents!”

 

“I get it, Mom.” I told her, giving my mom a hug from behind with an appreciative smile before heading out the door to make it out in time for my classes.

 

The moment I entered the lecture hall, my eyes immediately went to where Tae Kwang was sitting. I contemplated whether I should sit next to him or not when I saw Eun Bi walking towards his seat. This prompted me to act fast, taking the seat next to his.

 

“Oh! Good morning, Joy.” Eun Bi was slightly startled, but greeted me politely.

 

“Good morning to you too, Sunbae.” I flashed her a brief smile and then turned to Tae Kwang. However I looked away, knowing that this time that he was asking for space. He obviously didn’t want to talk when he didn’t reply to my texts.

 

The professor entered the room and everyone became silent. He wrote the assignment on the board and left after telling us to study and prepare ourselves for the assessment later this week. I clicked my pen, taking out the lecture notes from yesterday and the previous week. With hesitation I finally opened my mouth and called out my boyfriend,

 

“Oppa. These are the notes from yesterday. I figured you would need them since you weren’t here.” There wasn’t even a change in his expression.

 

“Thanks.” He said curtly, copying the notes into his spiral. The tension between us was as thick as a tree trunk. Never have I ever felt so uncomfortable and awkward in my boyfriend’s presence. I gave up trying to get him to talk, seeing how my efforts were futile.

 

Irene moved from her seat to sit with me, placing her purse on top of the desk. My eyes roamed around the lecture hall. Some students were carrying out their tasks with earphones in to ignore the loud chatter coming from the group of people on the right. Some weren’t even studying, but catching up on their sleep. Eun Bi had one ear-bud in as she reviewed her notes.

 

“The internet is exploding right now with the news that Zico and AOA Seulhyun are dating! UGH! I can’t believe it!”

 

“Exactly! Idols are starting to piss me off because they always lie that they’re not seeing anyone, when they are. Just be honest for once.” I was becoming irritated by the loud chatter of the people behind me, causing me to glare in their direction. I was about to say something when Irene quickly appeased my annoyance.

 

“If I don’t do well on this assessment, my grade will suffer tremendously. So just ignore those idiots and help me study, Joy.”

 

“Oh… okay Irene.” I responded, turning back to her.

 

“You know there is one celebrity that is brutally honest with her love life.”

 

“Who?”

 

“Song Hee Yeon! Four years ago she married a wealthy businessman, who was her third marriage. Just last week, phot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter