Chapter 5

One Day, Long Ago
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One Day, Long Ago Chapter 5

 

Song For This Chapter/ One Day, Long Ago by Yoon Jong Shin (SungJae’s cover)

 

Tae Kwang’s POV

 

When I was in high school I never really had a father figure, seeing how my biological father spent his time refusing me to acknowledge me as his sole son. So in the place of him I was given a mentor, whom so happened to be my homeroom teacher. Even now I visit him from time to time to confide in him about university, my dad, and my health. Now he even permitted me in calling him, “Hyung.”.

 

“Hyung!” I brightly greeted my past homeroom teacher with a smile, passing him the coffee I bought for him and the other teachers.

 

“Oh! Tae Kwang! Glad to see you!” Kim Joon teacher patted me on the back, taking a cold drink from the box. He glanced down at his watch before suggesting we go up to the rooftop. “How is it these days?” He started first. My hand shielded my eyes from the bright sun that lit the entire rooftop.

 

“My dad is still the same, uni is just uni, but my girlfriend and I are getting on very well. You know, same old but a different day.” I let out a dry laugh bitterly.

 

“Hey! No swearing in front of me!” Kim Joon teacher immediately called out my use of curse words, admonishing me right on the spot. “It’s a given that you and your girlfriend are getting on well. Anything else? Oh, are you still on your medication?” He pressed for more details of my life. He was the only teacher that cared for me and how I was really doing.

 

“No, I’m not anymore. I’m feeling better now. I don’t need it.” I told him confidently. During high school I would always use my daily visits to the health office to take a nap on the beds after I took my prescriptions. All because of those pain killers and cocktail of medicines I was required to take, the people at my school used to avoid me. They all thought of me in a negative way and so I never had any real friends in high school until Eun Bi came. “Also Eun Bi. She recently sent me a letter.” I told him. A slight smirk flashed before his features, perplexing me. My eyes squinted at him, growing suspicious of the meaning behind his reaction.

 

“Do you know anything?”

 

“When Eun Bi broke up with you she asked me for a favor. The favor was to watch over you to make sure that you’ll be alright.”

 

“That sounds awfully like Eun Bi. Always altruistic.” I huffed, feeling very thankful to Eun Bi once again. Our breakup was mutual, but I was hurt by the fact that she guaranteed that we would meet again in the future because the future is nothing but unp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter