Chapter 6

One Day, Long Ago
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One Day, Long Ago Chapter 6

 

Song for this chapter/ Say It! What Are You Doing? By K.Will (Descendants of the Sun ost)

 

Joy’s POV

 

“Good luck, Oppa!” I cupped my mouth with my hands, hoping that Tae Kwang would be able to hear me as he practiced for a competition on the mats. Several others of the team members’ girlfriends were sitting on the stands, watching their boyfriends practice as well as peek at their exposed abdomens from the judo uniforms.

 

My boyfriend waved at me before proceeding with his mock match against a fellow judo team member. I sat in the stands of the sports department facility, watching Tae Kwang grab the guy’s sleeve and then flipping his friend down onto the mat. However my eyes couldn’t help but travel to his toned abs since his judo uniform kept revealing his torso. I mean as his girlfriend I was fully entitled to admire my boyfriend’s fit physique.

 

My lectures were all done for the day, since my last class was cancelled due to unspecified reason from my professor. I took out my phone to text my friends when Tae Kwang was resting on the bench. Out of boredom I looked up from my phone to see a girl sitting down at the bench nearest to the mats. What struck me was how pretty she was.

 

“Wow. She’s really pretty.” I mumbled under my breath, compelled to stare at her. It is a known fact that pretty girls mesmerize guys, but the truth is that girls are too. I looked at the girl, wondering what her makeup regime was and what products she used.

 

Her round eye shape emphasized her brown eyes and her makeup looked so natural, yet enhancing. I honestly wanted to go up to her and ask, but that would obviously take her off guard.

 

I descended the bleachers to the floor where Tae Kwang was gulping his water bottle. My bag kept hitting my thigh as I stepped down from the stairs, halting me to move my purse. And then when I was nearing I realized that he was nowhere to be seen.

 

“Where did Tae Kwang go?” I asked his teammates, wondering where he went.

 

“He left to change, saying that there was someone he needed to meet.”

 

“Ahh okay.” I simply said. The only person he needed to meet was me, so was he getting changed to meet me? Wait, but then he would have just said so. I decided to go outside and wait for him there. I tugged on my periwinkle coat as the breeze turned colder in the air. As the minutes passed I was growing irritated by Tae Kwang’s actions. He knew that I was waiting for him, yet what in the world was he doing instead of coming out to see me?

 

“Gong Tae Kwang, when I see you, you’re dead.” Suddenly a hand covered my eyes. An annoyed huff left my mouth; already knowing whom the hand belonged to.

 

“Guess who it is?” He asked in an overly cheesy voice that only annoyed me even more. He always I turned around to face him and then I crossed my arms in front of my chest. “What’s wrong, Joy?” With a stern expression I just continued to stare at him, frustrated with Tae Kwang at this point. There was a trait I always knew would come to upset me. His damn wit. He was too nonchalant when he shouldn’t have been. He would be cracking jokes and laughing when it wasn’t appropriate for the situation. An exemplary model would be like right now.

 

“You don’t know what’s wrong? I can’t believe you. You made me wait over half an hour once your practice ended for the day. You knew that I was waiting, yet you-“ I was cut off by him pulling me into a hug.

 

“If I apologize, will you stop being angry?” He asked with a smile appearing on his thick lips.

 

“Who were you meeting?” I asked, avoiding his irrelevant question. There was no way that Tae Kwang could lie without me noticing on this one. I was obviously stood up because he was preoccupied with someone else.

 

I was expecting him to cease his smiling, yet that persistent grin remained. He held onto my shoulders, saying, “I was just catching up with a friend. Sorry I made you wait. I should have called to let you know.”

 

“Fine. I forgive you.” I said as he grabbed my hand.

 

I was upset with him, yet my love for him faded my anger away.

 

This was love, right?

 

 

 

Eun Bi’s POV
 

5: 13 am

 

A yawn left my lips as I walked into the bathroom to get ready for my first day at Seoul University. The kids were sound asleep and so I made sure to be extremely quiet when closing the door in fear of waking them.

 

Under the cloudy kitchen lighting I packed my backpack and prepared a fast breakfast to eat on the train. Fluffy came over to me and I squatted down to pet him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter