Chapter 7

One Day, Long Ago
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7

 

 

Song for this chapter// New Americana by Halsey

 

 

Joy’s POV
 

I skittered slowly behind Tae Kwang in apprehensiveness at the fact that I was going to be meeting my boyfriend’s closest friends. I really wanted to make a good first impression, so tonight I put an even greater effort in dressing nicely. My long back hair fell past my shoulders in pretty curls. My grip on Tae Kwang’s hand grew tighter as if he was leading me into some haunted house when in fact he was just taking me to the table where his friends were seated, waiting for our arrival. My heels began to skid against the hardwood floors of the restaurant as we neared the table.

 

“Hey! Gong Tae Kwang!” I heard a guy shout.

 

I let out a deep breath, knowing that it was now time for me to step out. Still holding onto Tae Kwang’s hand, I stepped out beside him.

 

Seated at the table were three girls and one guy, whom I instantly discerned to be the National Championships Winner, Han Yi Ahn. My friends Wendy and Seulgi had a crush on him, so I happened to watch the swimming meets on TV with them.

 

“What’s up guys?” He greeted his friends with a broad smile. His friends got up from their seats. “Ahh and I hope you don’t mind that I brought my girlfriend with me.” I became shy when the girls came over to me.

 

“Hi. I’m Cha Song Joo.” For some reason when I looked at her she seemed so familiar, yet I couldn’t place where I seen her.

 

“Have I seen you before?” I inquired, wondering why I thought I seen her somewhere before.

 

“You may have seen me in advertisement and catalogues. I’m a print model.”

 

“It’s pretty cool meeting Tae Kwang’s girlfriend. My name is Han Yi Ahn.” The professional swimmer offered his hand, shaking mine. Han Yi Ahn towered over me with his tall height and slim build.

 

“I know who you are. You won the national championships last summer! My friends are a fan of yours. Can I get an autograph?” I timidly asked him, hoping it won’t be a bother for him.

 

“Oh! Wow I’m flattered. Yes, I’ll sign it for you.”

 

“Thank you.” I smiled, reminding myself to text Wendy and Seulgi about this.

 

“Wow. Oppa, you’re friends with an advert model and swimming championship winner? Wow.” I whispered to Tae Kwang and his only reply was a boastful grin. 

 

“I’m Lee Shi Jin.” She was very friendly and soft- spoken; causing me to assume that she was the more reserved one in the group. Out of the people I was introduced to, there was only one last person remaining.

 

Tae Kwang came in next to me ready to introduce me to her when all I could do was stare at my boyfriend, observing the way his eyes crinkled up as he smiled at her. My eyes were trained on him, blurring everything else until Tae Kwang took my by the shoulders and said, “And this is Lee Eun Bi.”

 

 

Lee Eun Bi. T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter