Chapter 14

One Day, Long Ago
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One Day, Long Ago Chapter 14

 

Song For This Chapter// L.U.V. by BTOB

 

“When you’re sad come cry into my arms, because I will take away all your pain.” ~ L.U.V. (BTOB)

 

 

Tae Kwang’s POV

After last night my senses became more sensitive to the extent that the sound of my phone going off with text alerts woke me from my deep sleep. On regular days I would sleep for hours, but my moods can sometimes dictate my sleeping patterns.

 

I was expecting the texts to be from Joy, but in fact there were messages from my mother as well. My eyes grew misty as I read them. I then turned off my phone and placed it face down on the bedside table, deciding to call in a sick day. A part of me didn’t want to, because missing one day would mean more coursework for me to browse over.

 

I raked my fingers through my hair, thinking about the actions I committed last night. I ruined the dinner, insulted my mother’s new husband, and did all the things I shouldn’t have. Last night I was overwhelmed by rage and despair, yet I was now emotionally knowledgeable enough to know that it was not a regression. My actions and feelings were merely reactions to the entire situation. It was not a regression. Rationalizing moments where I lost control would always help. However there was one thing I could never get off my mind. The fear.

 

After staying in bed for hours underneath the blanket on my side, I faltered out of my bed and toward the kitchen. My stomach sounded as my hand went to it, but I lacked the appetite to eat. I walked away and curled myself up on the couch in my stuffy apartment.

 

The door sounded, which irritated me since I was in no mood to socialize with anyone at all. I begrudgingly opened the door to see Eun Bi with a takeout bag in her hands. It wasn’t a smile that she greeted me with, but a glance that emptied my sorrows. I let her in. Eun Bi set down the bag on my counter and walked over to open up the curtains. The sunlight pouring in from the windows blinded me. My hand instantly came in front of me when the light hit my eyes.

 

“You ignore food when you’re sick. Are you not feeling well? I can go with you to the hospital if you want. Just tell me what’s going on, Tae Kwang ah.”

 

“It’s not that bad. I don’t have to go to the hospital.” I told her as I lowered my hand to stare out the balcony windows absentmindedly before confessing to her. “I have a pack of cigarettes in my rucksack that I was going to smoke.” My chin lowered to the ground in shame at myself.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter