Finale Pt 2

One Day, Long Ago
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One Day, Long Ago Chapter 34

 

Song for this chapter// One Day, Long Ago by Yoon Jong Shin

 

“We were so happy when we were together. As we walked the road together toward your house we shyly shared our many dreams. Today, I gave thanks when I saw you after all these years.” ~One Day, Long Ago

 

Author’s Note

 

Looks like this will be my last note for this story. As all of you are aware, this is the final chapter of One Day, Long Ago. I would like to thank all of my lovely commenters and readers for enjoying this story. This story was inspired by Eun Bi and Tae Kwang’s beautiful and honest relationship depicted in WAY. I decided to use the song as inspiration for the title. I began this story with the intention of the relaying the truth of mental illness in order to alleviate the stigma attached to it. Using the trite storyline of first love I was motivated to complete this story thanks to all of my subscribers. Therefore, thank you all so much. I’ll be back soon…

 

 

Tae Kwang’s POV
 

I walked into the classroom to see the kids in the back fighting while the female students were sitting within clusters, gossiping gregariously. I swore I would never return to high school, yet here I was.

 

“Hey! You know you’re actually doing the guy a service, since after he gets beat up he can go to the infirmary and skip class, so sit down!” I shouted, chuckling softly as I recalled myself provoking Gi Tae into punching me back then. The male students took  their seats and the class began following the bell. I noticed how the female students in particular were gawking at me like when the pretty math teacher arrived at our school and the guys were wrapped around her finger since day one.

 

“Listen up! I have someone I need to introduce you to. This is your new homeroom teacher! He was actually my student nine years ago in this very classroom, so behave and if you need anything I’ll be in the counselor’s office.”

 

“Good luck, Tae Kwang.” Hyung wished me well as he left the classroom, leaving me alone with twenty- five teenagers staring back at me.

 

“Alright let’s get this started! Now when I’m teaching and you already know everything, just sleep and be quiet. If you don’t have a single idea what I’m teaching you, then pay attention. Now if you’re one of the kids that don’t study or care about studying, just stay quiet that’s all you have to do. Got it?”

 

During lunch break, I walked down the familiar halls and stopped in front of the door I used to constantly barge into, angering my father. However this time, I knocked on the door and entered once I heard his voice.

 

“Hi, Dad.” I walked in, stiffly waving at him as he sat behind his desk in his leather office chair. I took a seat in on the sofa, where he was quick to join me.

 

“How are you adjusting to teaching?” A grin found its way on my face, meeting my father’s smile towards me. Nowadays even the simplest conversations between us made my heart swell up in glee and gratefulness.

 

“I think I’m doing alright. Ahh, the kids remind me so much of my classmates when I was attending here. But anyways, I actually came here to tell you something. Eun Bi and I are getting married. We’re not sure when or if we’re even going to hold a small ceremony or a big ceremony, but we are planning on it. I wanted to share the news with you, Dad.”

 

“That’s wonderful, Tae Kwang ah! Have you told your mother yet?”

 

“I gave her a call the other night. She was really happy for me.”

 

“Well, I have faith that you and Eun Bi will overcome any obstacles marriage throws your way. I’m truly happy for you, my son.” My son were the words that constantly surprised me in a delightful way.

 

“Chairman Gong, I was wondering if we could discuss the- Oh! I’m so sorry for interrupting!” A voice I heard before induced me to turn my head around to face the door. It was Joy! Joy stood in front of the door with a clipboard in hand and I noticed her short hair skimming against her chin.

 

“You’re a teacher here? Wow. What made you choose a teaching career?” I asked her as I handed her a can of coffee I dispensed from the beverage machines, while looking over the field in the spot Eun Bi and I used to hang out in.

 

“Out of all the options I had with a Sociology degree, teaching was the one I mostly preferred.” She replied, tilting the can into . Turning my back away, I leaned against the railing to avoid the bright sun.

 

“That’s cool. How are you?” Once the question left my lips, I recalled our relationship and how awful of a boyfriend I was to her. Keeping her in the dark ended up actually hurting her far worse than the truth ever could.

 

“I’m doing great.” I lifted my eyebrow at her obscure answer, prompting her to be more specific in order to appease my curiosity.

 

“Oh come on! Small talk between us? That’s not going to cut it. I’m honestly interested in what you’ve been up to these days.” Ever since I broke up with her I always felt guilty and terribly apologetic for the way we ended and how I treated her. It was wrong on my part to enter a relationship with her, knowing well enough that I wasn’t ready to handle it.

 

“Fine. The truth is I was really hurt when you broke up with me and then after a while the image of you in the bathroom wouldn’t leave my mind. But then I think that it ended up maturing me. All my life I’ve been sheltered and inconsiderate of others. I didn’t know how to think from another person’s perspective until that night. Because of that I can say that I really matured. Thank to you, Tae K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter