Chapter 12

One Day, Long Ago
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song For This Chapter// Don’t Push by Red Velvet Wendy and Seul Gi (Uncontrollably Fond Ost Pt. 7)

 

Eun Bi’s POV

 

My hand went to my pounding temple as my facial muscles contracted into a grimace at the pain. I threw the blanket off of me, getting up to prepare for my classes when a loud thud startled me. I noticed that it was my phone that fell off the bed. I grabbed my phone off the ground checking to see if it was cracked or not. Luckily it was fine except for its dying battery, which I recalled was a result of last night’s lengthy conversation.

 

I was on my way to meet up with Tae Kwang and Joy after getting Tae Kwang’s text on campus. Apparently Joy wanted to apologize to me for her impertinent actions. I was willing to go and smooth all the tension between us. Besides after our call last night, I knew that this would be best for Tae Kwang.

 

I became worried every-time Tae Kwang became stressed about Joy and his relationship. They have been dating for at least six months, so now was an appropriate time to tell her, yet his fear was preventing him from doing so. Of course I would be downright scared as well. For our progress it is crucial to be surrounded by supporting friends and family. And well since Tae Kwang didn’t have the support of his family, he needed the support of his friends. Yi Ahn, Song Joo, and Shi Jin did their best to be there for him, however it definitely wasn’t easy for them and for him.

 

Friendships are nothing but sharing. However sharing the fear and pain can get too burdensome for some people. That was part of the reason why I left Tae Kwang.

 

 

“Lee Eun Bi!” Out of nowhere, a guy ran in front of me. The sudden shock rendered me silent and startled. As an immediate response my eyebrows crinkled up at the guy’s erratic behavior. “You know, I seen you around with Tae Kwang from the judo team. You two seem awfully close, but he does have a girlfriend, so… you are single right?” I halted in my steps, glaring up at him.

 

“Do you not understand why I’m not talking to you?” I shot back at him, finding his questions utterly dull- witted.

 

“But you’re talking to me right now.” Once again I became speechless at his obnoxiousness. I rolled my eyes, continuing to cross the street to the café that campus students frequented often. “Why to a café? Planning to grab some coffee with me?”

 

“No. Actually I have zero interest in getting to know you. So please just leave me alone.” I firmly expressed my lack of interest, expecting him to leave when he kept on trailing behind me. I only realized this when he walked through the café door right after me.

 

“Who are you and why can’t you understand that I am not interested?” I whipped around to face him, perplexed at his pointless resilience.

 

“Will you go out with me if I tell you who I am?” I could only scoff at his brazen confidence.

 

“Lee Minhyuk. I’m a second year who took Intro to Criminal Law with Tae Kwang. He’s a classmate of mine. And since I told you, we’re going out now.” Lee Minhyuk smiled, winking at me. If it were anyone else but me, they would have been charmed by now.  

 

“Minhyuk. What are you doing here with Eun Bi?”

 

Joy’s POV

 

“Was I being unreasonable? I mean my boyfriend spent the entire day with his ex-girlfriend and didn’t even text me once while he was with her.” I went on, filling in my two best friends about my predicament over alcohol and various chips at Irene’s apartment. Wendy, who was sprawled over on the bed with a pillow in her arms offered me some sound advice.

 

“Listen to your doubts. If you’re not sure about it, just dump him and get it over with. There are millions

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter