Ho~ We're Monsta X!

Mon Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonho shifted his attention from mushrooms lying on the cutting board to Jieun’s so-called friend who is standing in their kitchen stirring some ingredients in a pot. He thought by friend Jieun meant someone around her age or at most ten years older than her but the woman next door that Jieun introduced her to Wonho excitedly is a grandma.

“What are you doing young man, chop chop!” grandma pointed at Wonho and he stuttered a yes before starting to cut the mushrooms. Jieun left minutes ago to buy some ingredients that were missing. She knew Wonho has an outgoing personality and it wouldn’t be awkward between grandma and him but it seems that Wonho’s mind is all over the place trying to find out how Jieun became friend with grandma.

Seems like grandma read his mind so she started to explain. “Jieun is such a great young lady. She is kind and polite. I met her in the lobby and she helped me with carrying my heavy shopping bags. Then I invited her in for tea and we became close since then.”

Wonho nodded in understanding. “Thanks for taking care of her, halmoni. I leave her behind a lot because of my work, although I feel sorry I don’t have another choice.”

“I know, son... She told me about you.” The short white-haired woman smiled. “Or better to say she bragged about you.”

Wonho smiled brightly and approached her to give her the cut mushrooms and also pick other vegetables to cut.

“I want to tell you something, hope you don’t misunderstand me for bugging into your life…” Grandma caught his attention with her sudden serious tone.

“No halmoni, please tell me whatever you think.” Wonho said politely.

“I understand that young people are different from when we were young but there are some new things that aren’t accepted in our society completely yet.” Grandma paused for a moment seeing Wonho’s clueless face. “You know… other neighbors don’t treat Jieun very nicely knowing the fact that she lives with a guy.”

Wonho froze suddenly. She didn’t say a word… I didn’t have any idea what she is going through…

“It’s not anything serious but I found out that her mother is living in another city and she doesn’t have any friends because she is afraid that people find out about your relationship and that affects your career.”

Wonho felt his heart aching badly. He was selfish all the way. He only thought about his own happiness without knowing the aftermaths.

“She only told me these things because I’m an old woman and not aware of the whole idol thing but son, she cried badly while telling me these. I felt I need to let you know.”

Seeing Wonho’s sad face, grandma patted his back gently. Wonho held back tears that are treating. The door opened claiming Jieun has come back.

“I’m home!” Jieun appeared in the kitchen holding a plastic bag in her hands. Jieun rushed toward them with a bright smile.

Wonho watched Jieun with a sad guilty face as she talked with grandma and received help with preparing meals.

 

 

Grandma left after hours of preparing food. Jieun quickly changed to a knee-length light blue dress and brushed he hair down and let them down her shoulders.

“Wow, who’s this pretty lady?” Wonho faked a surprised expression as Jieun walked into the living room.

“Hoseok ah, I feel so nervous meeting them. What if they don’t like me?” Jieun bit her lower lip. She didn’t know she could feel this nervous.

“Why they don’t like you. You’re pretty and kind plus you made a lot of effort making them lots of delicious food.” Wonho patted her hair but suddenly the doorbell made them both alerted.

“They’re here…!” Jieun’s eyes widen. Wonho held her hand and dragged her to the door but she basically hid behind him.

In a blink of an eye, their apartment was occupied with six noisy but good looking guys. Jieun was bowing politely at each one of them while Wonho was becoming as noisy as them while greeting them.

“Guys, guys, attention!” Wonho raised his voice when they’ve all gathered in the living room. “All of you know but I’ll introduce anyway. This is Kang Jieun, my girlfriend.” Wonho smiled proudly while resting his arm on her waist.

“Ohhh~” The boys started making noises again.

“Like we don’t know hyung. You’re looking at her pictures on your phone every single chance you get.” Jooheon claimed and Wonho’s ears went red in a second.

“When did I?!” Wonho defended but it was six against one.

“The right question is when you didn’t…” Kihyun teased that earned a high five from Jooheon. Jieun smiled cheekily. Hoseok was right, they’re fun and bright like him… there’s nothing to worry…

“Sister in law, you’re so beautiful.” Minhyuk complimented her suddenly and Jieun went red like her boyfriend.  

“Sister in law…” I.M nudged Jooheon beside him and they laughed. Kihyun ignored his younger brothers and handed a bag to Jieun.

“We didn’t know what to bought so we got a cake.”

“Thank you.” Jieun accepted it with another bow.

They’ve settled on the couches talking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter