One Step Closer

Mon Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Almost a year passed.

It might seem a long period although it passed in a blink of an eye for Jieun and Wonho. Jieun continued her studies like there was no limit for her and also had her work with professor Park and found a new job as a high school teacher too. On the other hand, Wonho was continuing his activities with Monsta X. They were successful in their own way and were loved by fans and media. But the most amazing thing was how Jieun and Wonho worked things between themselves and managed to still be together through ups and downs. They laughed together also cried together, fought over small things or even big problems, but never lost faith in each other and perhaps that was the secret to their strong relationship.

Now that Monsta X reached a stable place and fans grew older and more mature with them, Wonho decided that it was the time to take a bigger step in his relation with Jieun. That was why he gathered all Monsta members in their meeting room to discuss it with them. They were all sitting around the table chatting about what Wonho wanted to say when the door opened and Mira stepped in.

“Wow, our precious model Yoon is here.” Jooheon announced as Mira took a seat beside him.

She greeted all of them while curling her dark red hair behind her ear. “What Wonho oppa is going to talk about? I have a press conference to attend! Seriously this oppa will kill me someday!” She growled but they laughed.

“Babe, I’m going to that press conference too and it’s in five hours. No need to worry.” Hyungwon raised a brow and smirked.

Mira rolled her eyes at him. “I told you not to call me ‘babe’! Everyone thinks we’re dating.”

“Aren’t you dating?” Minhyuk asked sincerely clueless, although others laughed knowing that Minhyuk was just teasing her because she always got pumped up when it comes to Hyungwon and her.

Mira snapped. “Of course not! We have a close relation as oppa and dongsaeng and friends. Like what I have with you all.” Mira explained but no one was buying her words. Since she signed as a model under Starship, everyone was talking about her close friendship with Hyungwon. As she grew famous and became one of the top models in Korea, articles of how Hyungwon knew her from before and how helped her to have her debut and enter Starship spread around. Well, they weren’t lies since Hyungwon always supported her till she became a top star. But then they had many photo shoots together and the scandal of them dating was the hot topic. Mira kept on declining it while Hyungwon wanted to make the scandals come true. And that brought them here, they were close friends but not dating.

“A close relation like what you have with us, huh?” Minhyuk repeated her and raised a brow. “You guys sleep while hugging each other!”

Mira snapped and screamed. “That was one time!” But then she thought more. “Two times… ok, three…” Her voice died as she started to think carefully While Minhyuk was just smirking.

She remembered how Hyungwon and her loved to watch movies overnight at their dorm and then fell asleep on the couch in an intimate way and got cut by other members next morning. “Ok, maybe a few times but still we’re not in a relationship!”

Hyungwon chuckled silently at the effort she was putting on to prove the universe that she didn’t like him that way but actually the whole universe except her knew that she liked him exactly that way.

“And whenever you come to our dorm your first question is about Hyungwon.” Kihyun stated. “You would never ask if Shownu was home or not.”

Shownu made a hurt expression as much as his poker face let him. “You know, that hurts.” Everyone laughed at the expressionless guy acting hurt.

“That’s not true!” Mira tried to defend herself but there was no way out. She really did that. “Ah, I don’t know… you’re all free to think whatever you want but the truth is that I’m not dating him!”

“Maybe he is dating you and you don’t know.” I.M stated.

“And how is that even possible?” Mira rolled her eyes but she saw Hyungwon’s smirk. His gaze made her heart race. Seriously this guy never fails to make my heart go wild.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter