A Promise To Himself

Mon Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonho stood nervously at Jieun’s doors. He had a little time to prepare after they came back from the beach and the fact that he didn’t have all his wardrobe with him was bugging him.

Eventually, he ended up wearing a suit, much like one of the black suits of their Hero era, with a light grey button shirt and on his way he bought a black tie.

He shifted the bouquet of flowers he bought to his other hand that was also holding onto a fruit basket and rang the bell. He was breathing deeply when Jieun opened the door with a smile. She was wearing a simple navy blue one piece with her hair tied up in a ponytail.

“Oh my! Why are you looking so formal?” Jieun couldn’t help chuckling.

Wonho eyed himself nervously. “You don’t like suits?! Should I go change?!”

“No silly, come in.” Jieun let him in but stopped him in the hallway. She reached for his collar and started fixing his tie that was obvious he’d tied it in a rush. Wonho titled his chin up smiling proudly while she was working on his tie.

“You’re my angel.” He commented.

“Tsk...” Jieun smiled, though he was exaggerating she loved hearing it, who wouldn’t? “By the way, I love men in suits.” Jieun matched eyes with him when she finished.

“Tsk, I don’t know I should be happy or sad about it.” Wonho teased but he didn’t want to waste their precious time arguing so he raised the bouquet of roses he was holding in front of her. “These are for you.”

Jieun smiled. “Aww, so sweet, I love them.” Jieun pecked his cheek before pulling him into the living room.

“Mom, Hoseok is here.” Jieun called and the woman came rushing out of the kitchen.

Although she was in her fifties she was still beautiful. Wonho could see how delicate and smart she looked and he found who Jieun took after.

“Hello, nice to meet you.” Wonho bowed down politely. “I’m Shin Hoseok.”

“Nice to meet you, I heard a lot about you from Jieun.” She smiled charmingly while receiving the basket from him. Until now she was satisfied with him, at least he wasn’t a random guy showing up in ripped jeans and the fact that he was concerned enough to wear a suit touched her. Plus, he had manners and also was handsome. “Please have a seat.” She directed him to the living room before heading back to the kitchen with Jieun to prepare things.

“Oh! Hi...” Wonho blurted when he saw Moon Bin seating in an armchair. Although he didn’t look very pleased seeing him there.

“Hi.” Bin mumbled almost like a little kid who had lost to Wonho in a Starcraft game. “I couldn’t let the ladies alone. I don’t trust you… just saying.”

Wonho tried to stay cool but he felt too nervous. He remembered how he punched him that day back on the beach and pressed his lips together in shame.

“Look I know how you feel about me and I don’t blame you.” Wonho wet his lower lip. “I owe you an apology.”

Bin gazed at him, he didn’t look like the jerk he met the first day but still he wanted to keep an eye on him.

“I’m really sorry.” Wonho apologized sincerely enough to make Bin feel taken back. But he wasn’t angry because he got punched at, he was angry because Wonho hurt Jieun.

“I don’t like you because you made her cry.”

Wonho nodded in understanding, yeah he was the one at fault.

“My noona doesn’t show it but she is very sensitive. Although she looks strong and independent and can bear with anything but deep inside she is fragile.” Bin explained.

Wonho glanced at him. The boy knew Jieun even better than him and it made him feel small.

“She loves you so I can’t say anything. But if you make her cry again I won’t stay away.” Bin pointed two fingers at his eyes then at Wonho. “I’m keeping an eye on you.”

“Yea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter