The blue room

Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Listen this while reading. It's a good song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=80&v=hXugfiaxLYQ

 

 

Chapter 8

 

The Blue Room

 

            The game room was, as Sam put it 'the best room ever', at least for the boys. Give them the unlimited time to play as long as they want and the boys will be...well boys. When Sarang opened the door of the (Game) room, she noticed just how much her friend's friends were awestricken by the rich blue color plastered across the entire room. Of course, that didn't surprise her in slightest cause indeed the inside of the room looks just like some mystical, unreal almost dreamlike place. The first step they took showed them just how much comfortable can be in this room.

            The blue game room is formed in the graceful curves of a perfect rectangle, and the windows on the walls give a lovely view of the gardens in the rear yard. The room itself was almost scary, dark and mystical but still warm and sufficiently illuminated with fluorescent blue lights coming from the corners of the room and the natural morning light coming from the windows. Two of the walls are, as well as the rest of the room covered with azure blue paint with a few blood-red splatters. The other two were decorated with different things, wallpapers and crafts. The whole room is equipped with all possible table games: football table, pool and snooker table, tennis table and hockey table arranged with a taste, leaving enough space for motion. A corner of the right side of the room was adorned with a build-in mini bar where you can find all kind of refreshments and in front of the mini bar was soft and velvety furniture with a small coffee table.

            That is where Sarang wanted them to sit but their dumbfounded looks was all she found when she turned around after she noticed that no one was following her. Well, all but that Aki guy. He was burning his eyes on Sarang, which made her feel a bit uneasy. What’s wrong with this guy? She shook her head to avoid his black eyes and looked at the boys after giving Ai a wink.

„You know guys; the furniture won’t come itself and stick on to your butts. So, close your mouth and make yourselves comfortable. “ Sarang said impatiently hopping from one foot to the other, not caring about the pain in her ankle.

All four boys and little girl slowly approached Sarang with a few‚ohh‘ and ‚wow‘ here and there. They sat comfortably on blue three-seater sofa and red lazy bag, leaving a loveseat for Sam. This means that Sarang had to take a seat next to him.

„Before you start explaining yourself let me inform you guys. If you are hungry or thirsty, here’s the bar and downstairs is a kitchen. Make yourselves at home. If you need help, just yell for me.“ At first Sarang glanced at the person beside her then quickly looked at the rest of the people. „Ok, Sam, shoot! “

            Sam sighted than took a deep breath. „Remember when I told you that I passed the audition? “ He meant to say it hypothetically but Sarang interrupted him standing up from her seat than sitting down again.

            „Do I? I slapped you for not telling me about you going on audition in the first place. But that doesn’t explain your presence in 10 O’clock on Saturday morning.“

            „Yeah, sorry. Anyway, we, that is my friends and I agreed that there will be no secrets in our group, that we“ he motioned at his friends “will be like family. One of the things we agreed to know about each other is our BFF and that is where you are coming in.“ The last words he said slowly anticipating her reaction. Sarang’s restless legs stopped moving for a second while her brain processed what her friend told her.

 „As in Best Friend Forever“ Friend? Definitely. Best friends? And forever? I would love to but he doesn’t know the half things about me.

            „Well, more like Best Female Friend.“

            “Oh, now I am a female.”Sarang mumbles to herself thinking about all the times he treated her like a boy.

            „What?“

            „Nothing.“

            „My friends will ask us some questions about our friendship.” He turned his head and focused his eyes on Sarang. “You know you are my only female friend.“ He said to her but before she could genuinely smile he smirks ruining the moment with his words whispered in her ear. „The rest ones are my girlfriends.“ She pushed him hard making him laugh. He turned to his friends to explain what happened while Sarang left to help Ai who was trying to do her homework on coffee table.

          Ai

            „Hey, sweetie, come with me.“ She took her hand and led her to the table with chessboard on it. Both Sam and Aki followed her with their gazes. Aki gazed in wondering about her in general and Sam about the chess game. The game was already on. With whom she played? It’s not her brother, he’s in army. Oh nooo! Please, not that ‘pretty boy’.

            Sarang helped Ai to settle on table after removing chessboard telling her that it will be easier for her to write there since the table is in front of the window and she will not be disturbed by the noises. After a few seconds, Sarang turned to leave but Ai stops her.

   „Unnie, thank you for yesterday. I’m sorry for not saying anything and for your hurt             leg.“

            „First, there’s no need to call me Unnie, at least not here. We can be friends despite the age difference. I know you were scared back then, but now there’s no need. I’ll protect you. OK? After all, we have the same name only in different languages. That has to count for something.“ The girl nodded smiling widely. „All right, yell if you need any help with that.“ Sarang turned and left. While approaching she could hear electric-boy asking Sam about how they met.

            „She kissed me shamelessly.“ His answer earned him a slap at the back of a head from Sarang.

            „Idiot, I gave you CPR. I saved your miserable life that day.“

            „Yahh, woman, do you always have to resort to violence?!“ Sam said overdramatically rubbin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter