Best Friends or not

Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Best Friends or not

Listen My best friend from Girls Generation while reading this chapter. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDp1enxXO3E&nohtml5=False

 

Lou Brutus once said, “Music always sounds better on Friday.” Why? Is it because you are finally free of responsibilities related to your job or school, or simply because the weekend is just around the corner? Sarang never tried to understand said quote simply because music is always the best solution for anything, a medicine for soul. You turn to music when you’re in love, when you are sad, frustrated, angry, hurt, depressed. You are humming random melodies when you are too shy to sing aloud but you do sing with all your heart when you are taking a shower. When you are nervous or just bored you drum your fingers wherever you can. It’s just simple as that. For Sarang  music is a universal language – you don’t have to understand it you just feel it. But this last few years she finally accepted the meaning of the quote.

 

            She loves weekends for several reasons. Firstly, there’s no school, which means she’s not forced to witness the unlimited stupidity of the high school students. They really can go too far. Secondly, the whole house is empty and available only to her. On weekends, maid and cook have days off to spend time with their families, which means that Sarang is in charge of the house. Of course, when her brother is home they share house chores, spend time together playing basketball, soccer, and have martial arts sparring training. Finally, on weekends she enjoys the quote ‘Viva la libertà’ to the fullest and that means that she’s free to do whatever she wants. She’s free to dedicate her soul to music and simply be herself.

 

            Usually on weekends, she shut herself in her own mini music studio where the magic occurs. After about a year she came in Korea, she decided not just to compose music but to produce as well. With her brother’s help, she decided to make her own music studio. Since then, Sarang works with many music companies and institutions from Korea, America and France. Of course, all her works are sent under a false name, pseudonym because nobody can’t know about her. Sarang’s father forbade her to expose herself and she promised that she would be invisible to the world only to please him. In order to stay in Korea, Sarang had promised her father that she’ll never, ever say who she is. She hates it but as long as she is allowed to create music, she didn’t care if she does it under false identity. 

 

            A cheerful chirping of birds woke up Sarang from a deep sleep. She opened her dark almost midnight blue eyes and smiled. She had such a happy dream about her family being together. Even if it’s only in her dreams, she is content. As soon as she moved, she winced in pain. “Ouch... Darn, forgot about the leg.” Slowly, she rolled out of her queen-sized bed, stretched her arms over her head while sunlight streamed through the windows and bathed her in warmth. She turned around, left her bedroom and went into the bathroom on the right side of the hallway slightly hopping on her unharmed foot. She took her morning shower and washed her dark shoulder length hair with her favorite citrus scented shampoo. She wrapped herself in big, fluffy white towel and got back into her room. She took bandage from the first aid kit, sat on the bed and supported her leg on the chair trying to wrap her ankle as her brother thought her. “Good thing I didn’t broke it. Then I would have to go to the hospital.” Sarang whispered to herself with relief thinking about her father’s possible reaction. He would send her abroad in the blink of an eye, in that she was sure.

 

            She stood up slowly and went to her wardrobe.  Rummaging through her clothes for a few seconds she finally found what she wanted. She puts on her sports bra (she recently started to grow), than picked out a navy blue leggings that compliments her eyes and a red tank top that went way past her slender waist. That was something Sarang can’t, under any circumstances wear in public, even though she enjoys the soft fabric so close to her body. After dressing herself up, she moved to retrieve her medications from the drawer in the bedside table. Before she opened the drawer, she retrieved her hand and shaking her head. Hell, I don’t mind having an extra energy today. I like being hyperactive. Sarang shrugged her shoulders, left her room and went downstairs to the kitchen to prepare herself a light breakfast. Just as she finished with breakfast, the house phone ringed. Sarang picked up the phone receiver and politely answered “Yeoboseyo?”

 

            “Sarang? Is that you?” The voice asked a little too loud so Sarang had to move the phone receiver away from her ear.

 

            “ Hyukey is that you? Why are you yelling?” Hearing her brother’s voice brings such happiness that she couldn’t do anything else but smiling widely even though they talked only a day before.  

“I called you on your mobile a few times already. Why aren’t you answering me?”

 

            Sarang winced a bit. Her brother was mad, she could tell. Or maybe he was worried, he does tend to over react when his little sister is in question. He’s an overprotective big brother and she adores him just the way he is.  Sarang paused not knowing what to say. Did he found out about the yesterdays fight? Maybe school principal called him.

            “Uh....” uttered Sarang, mentally cursed herself for yesterdays fallout. “Well, I kind of lost my phone yesterday.”

            Sarang got up from the dining table, took the dirty dishes in one hand and went to put them in sink. “Why did you call?” She asked trying to act cool like nothing happened.

 

            “You lost your phone? How did you.........Never mind” her brother stopped for a second. “My superior officer called me into his office. There I received a phone call from your school principal who said that you got into a fight.” He paused for a moment making Sarang feel uneasy. I thought you stopped with fights long time ago. What happened?” She could sense that her brother was worried since he had a rough time with her when she came in Korea and became a rebellious preteen. She almost can see him sitting crossed legged with his chin resting on the pillow he’s hugging. He always does that when he’s worried.

 

            “I’m sorry brother, but I promise you I didn’t start the fight. I just tried to protect a girl from being abused both verbally and physically. However, the girl didn’t said nothing about me defending her so I got detention. It’s nothing serious I promise.” Sarang spoke fast mixing her English and Korean here and there. She tends to mix up her languages when she’s nervous.

 

            Not even a second later, her brother answered. “I believe you little one. Just please be careful. I don’t want you to get hurt, Ok?”

 

            “Thank you for believing in me, Hyukey. I miss you so, so much. When I get to see you?” She felt relieved and proud that her brother has such a confidence in her. He is more like a father than a brother to her even though he’s only seven years her senior.

            “I hope that I’ll see you in a week. I miss you big time too. Can you say goodbye to your brother? Do it aloud so my fellow mates hear you.” When Sarang didn’t say a word after a second, he added,“Please, I miss your cuteness.”

            “Hey, I’m not little anymore nor cute.” Sarang defended herself but she knew that she couldn't resist her brother’s request. “And you’re embarrassing me.”

            Her brother has always liked when she would call him big brother in Korean. He claims that it sounds much softly than in English and that was the only word she wanted to say in Korean before she had to learn the rest. When he said, please one more time she gave him her cute goodbye.

“Anyong oppa, saranghae. I love you big brother.” She tried to be as cute as possible just because her brother missed her. She could hear manly giggles from the other side of the phone.

“One of my mates said that you sound like his little sister. I have to go now. Saranghae as well. Anyong.”

            Sarang smiled to herself and her silly brother. She turned around, faced the sink, and started to wash the dishes. When she finished drying them, she left the kitchen slightly limping. She reached the stairs that leads to the second floor where her oasis (and the rest of the rooms) is located, her music studio. She was smiling like a fool knowing how much fun she will have but her happiness didn’t last. Before she was able to climb the stairs, an annoying sound of a doorbell stopped her.   

 

“What a hell? Who would come this early?” Sarang checked her wristwatch and saw that it was only ten in the morning. Nobody beside her driver is on the grounds, and he is more like a bodyguard than a driver, but he has his own key, he wouldn’t use the doorbell. She approached the doors and looked at the small screen that showed her who was outside. When she saw her friend (not a friend, just an annoying being) on the screen, she panicked. Forgetting about her hurt ankle, she runs up the stairs, crashes into her room and taking the first thing with a hood on it. She runs down the stairs throwing the hoodie over her head while bumping here and there, in the process. When she found herself in front of the doors once again, she realized that the hoodie belongs to her brother and that it looks too big on her s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter