Cheering up nAMBER two

Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sweet son for this chapter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIKXTonNfqA&nohtml5=False

Chapter 7

Cheering up nAmber two

                                                   

After the four f(x) family members filled their bellies with food, Luna and Sulli wished good night to their older sisters and went to sleep. Without a word, Victoria took Amber's hand and led her into a room they will share tonight. She sat down on the queen-sized bed and leaned against the headboard sprawling her legs, inviting Amber to join her by patting the bed. Amber knew that she need to do ‘the talk’ with Vic unnie but she was not sure whether she noticed that something was wrong by herself or some little bird (named Sulli) told her.

 

“Amber, I know you’re already an adult, also you know that I have always considered you as more mature than any of us even though you’re joking all the time. I will not ask you to tell me anything you do not want me to. Tonight I’ll be just an ear, okay?” Victoria said after Amber took her place beside her. Amber glanced at the opposite wall and soon the glance became a steady stare. The white wall gave her some sense of tranquility.

            After a minute or so, Amber finally voiced her thoughts “Jie jie, did Sulli-yah said something?”

            “NO.” Older girl responded a little too fast earning a look from Amber that told her that she’s caught in a lie. “She did give me a sign and I noticed that she was trying very hard to cheer you up all evening, to make you laugh. She was successful wasn’t she?”Victoria said after remembering that Amber’s almost like a lie detector. Amber only smiled thinking about f(x) giant baby. She settled more comfortably near Victoria leaning against her shoulder and spoke in Chinese so she could understand her better. That way, both of them will return to their roots.

“I met a person that immediately got under my skin, and I’ve only met that person once and never again. As time passed by, I forgot about that person. Has something like that happened to you?” Victoria focused her eyes on Amber’s but realized that she was mentally somewhere else judging by the distant look in her dark brown eyes. After a short thinking about the question, Victoria finally found her voice.

            “The truth is that I have never been so lucky to meet a person who would be worth enough to get under my skin in such a short time, as you say. Maybe I would forget about him or her because of our working schedules, but I would like to think that somewhere subconsciously I would think about said person.” After saying these words, she realized just how much some people affect us personally. She glanced at Amber with worry. “But, remember this little sister, those who get under our skin are too special to be forgotten for good.”

            Victoria draped her arm over Amber’s shoulders and hugged her closer to herself. To the world outside, Amber is just a tomboyish girl but to them she’s, as Sulli observed, a soul with a big and sensitive heart. You must be very careful not to hurt her. The sweet tomboy sighed slowly preparing herself for confession.

            “Jie jie, do you remember the little girl I told you about, the one I met four years ago in a plane from LA to Seoul?”

            “The one that look just like...” She started but Amber interrupted her eager to tell her more about the girl.

 

 

            “Yeah, that one. I met her again. Or better say she almost bumped into me.” Amber smiled bitterly remembering how she found Sarang on the floor both times they met, in airplane and now on the ground near market. However, this time she didn’t have her pigtails nor her killer smile but much more serious look, like something bat happened to her.

            “I do remember. You were constantly talking about her and trying to find the time between training just to email her without any distraction. Also, if I remember correctly, you lost that piece of paper with her phone number and email address. ” Victoria said slowly recalling details, one by one. Right then, Amber jumped from the bad and in hurry left the room only to come back in a few seconds with a red backpack in her hands.

            “That’s right. I lost any trace about her so in time I forgot about her, even though I have a constant and breathing reminder.” Now Amber was babbling to herself not realizing that she was talking out loud. “But this time I have this.” She shook the backpack in front of Victoria’s eyes who was trying to avoid the hit on the head.

            “What is with the backpack?” She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter