Family get-together day

Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Family get together day

 

Sarang’s POW

            After the escapade I pulled off (running away to go and watch M!Countdown) Hyungyu and I decided to spend time together. It was long time since we had our bonding time so all day yesterday we did what we did when I was younger. He took me to Aqua Park, bought my favorite ice cream, we rode bike together. When we came back, we cooked together, played piano and sang together.  I felt like a princess, as if I am the only one who has a brother. We even talked about should I change my last name into Kim. That way we would be family even by name. Everything was perfect until he found my birthday present from Sam (I totally forgot about it). He bought me a bloody dress. A dress! Has he ever seen me in a dress? NO, he did not. So why the hell would he give me a dress?  I won’t lie, it’s a beautiful dress, floor length, pure white and very elegant dress. Well, the note he left explained everything. I have never been more embarrassed until Hyungyu started  to read the note.

            “Hello birthday girl! You are fourteen now (well fifteen here in Korea) and bla, bla, bla... But who’s counting. First, I must apologize for being late. And not seeing you for a month. And not calling all this time. SORRY! Anyway, explanation for the birthday gift. Yes, I know what are you going to say: “A dress? A freakin’dress?”Yes, a dress. Why would I buy you a dress? Remember when you told me that you have some piano/violin concert with that guy Henry? Well, it would be nice if you dress up beautifully yet elegantly. I would like to see you at least once (Just to be sure that you are a girl after all. Ke ke...) Don’t get mad at me. I wish you all the best my sweet friend. Stay well LoveLy.

Your,

The most handsome man on this side of the hemisphere.”

 

            “What is this?” He asks me with such intensity that it feels as if it’s the hardest question in the world.

            “It’s a dress?!’’ I answer playing dumb. Of course I know he doesn’t ask me about the dress.

            “I know that, I’m asking why another guy, who is not me, would buy you a dress?” No matter how I answer this there will be million more questions. .

            “Come on oppa, it’s just a dress. It means nothing.” Well, at least I can try to dismiss him.

            “According to this note it means something. Is Sam your boyfriend?”

            “Whaaaa? No, no, nooo.... Just a friend.” How the heck he came to THAT conclusion. What, if someone buys you a piece of clothes you are instantly a couple?

            “Are you sure?” I nod my head praying for him to stop with questions. No luck, his military interrogation training kicked in. He just started shooting question after question. “Do you have a boyfriend? Is there someone you like? Do I know him? What’s his name and social number? It’s that Japanese boy isn’t it?” Million words were playing in front of my eyes, and I suddenly couldn’t grasp any of them. I didn’t know which question to answer first. I forgot what he asked me in the first place.. Suddenly I felt like suffocating. I screamed.

            “Oppa stop it, I can’t... I don’t know what to say.” I really tried to answer his questions but all of them were mixed. I was a mess. Hyungyu started to apologize profoundly hugging me tightly.

                “Shh, it’s ok. I’m sorry, I forgot. You were so good today that I forgot for a second. I’m sorry.” He forgot about my ADHD. I guess, just like me, he’s so used to it that he sometimes forgets that it’s there. “Calm down, Love. What do you say we go tomorrow to visit our mothers’ graves?”

            “Sounds like a plan.” I smile at him. He scoops me into his arms and carries me in my room just as he did when I was little. I finally accepted, I don’t need anyone else. Having him as a big brother is enough. We are the family.

 

3d POW

            Sarang and Hyungyu woke up early with a smile on their faces. They decided not only to visit their mothers’ graves but also to go on an early picnic. They packed fruits and sandwiches and left on foot. After a good half an hour of walking, they came to a park that was nearest to the graveyard. They ate their breakfast enjoying the breeze of the summer morning. Sarang was telling him particularly good stories about Henry and Amber. The more he heard about Amber the more he liked her character. She seemed like a good girl though that day she was ogling him as if he was a piece of chocolate. Maybe tomboyish girl is a . Who knows... Either way, the more he listens to his little sister the more he realizes that she needs a female company. He needs to do something about that.

            Packing their belongings in their basket, they left to visit each of their mothers. First, they came to Hyungyu’s mom and Sarang used the opportunity to tell her all about remitting Amber about how much Alex grew and about her troubles with her friend. Of course she asked her brother to give her privacy but after that she left him alone and went running to her mother’s tomb. Her smile that was plastered across her face was wiped away when she realized that someone is already there. Not her father, or her grandmother but some ajumma. The same one she avoids for four years already. Only, this time she was caught. Ajumma wanted to know who she is, and losing opportunity to escape she finally answered.

...................................................................................................................................................................

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter