Cutting the ties

Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been a couple of days since I showed up at Victoria’s place drunk and in bruises. Yes, I felt like an idiot when Victoria told me about overhearing my off-key singing. Well, I can sing pretty well when sober, but when drunk I can't hit the note if my life depends on it. I really felt like a burden (and once again like an idiot) for coming and disturbing Victoria's peace, but sweet f(x) leader insisted, saying that she feels some kind of responsibility towards me. I assumed that was due her upbringing, always caring for youngsters. Whom Am I kidding; I would do the same thing. Somehow, Victoria managed to convince my brother to leave me be, at least until I 'collect' myself (which means until my bruises fade away). Of course, that didn’t stop him to come and knock on the door only to hear my voice, though swayed by his handsome looks and killer smile, Victoria almost let him inside. I bet she now regrets for not agreeing to marry him when I asked. Aish!

            During the brief intervals when I managed to fall asleep, I had the recurring nightmares, vivid scenes of that man hurting a girl, none other but my sister. Each time I felt as if I was trapped, only hearing her pleadings and screams. Each time I could do nothing to help her, to save her. I would wake up crying, drenched in sweat, shaking all over until Victoria or Amber calmed me down, assuring me that nothing’s going to happen to my sister. I couldn’t be more grateful for their patience and support.

            After my injuries healed, and bruises faded a bit, I was ready to go back home and that was a good thing too since Luna was coming back home. I promised both Amber and Victoria that I would call them over for a home cooked meal of their own choice. That was at least I could do for them. I went back home and talked with oppa. Turns out that he really broke up with his girlfriend not because she wanted his money (well, she wanted him for his good looks but who counts) but because she was awful towards his little sister. Hyungyu told her that both of us are one. If a woman can’t accept us both just the way we are than she doesn’t deserves us at all. That’s my ‘cheese lines’ brother. After we reunited, I showed him the video record I took of that bloody woman talking with someone and confessing that she’s with Hyungyu because of his heritance. 

                I felt much better after fixing my relationship with oppa. Once again, we were like before, I would prank him, he would fake anger and chase me all over the house but still let me go after a few egyo faces. Yeah, older brothers are ers for egyo’s.  He was sad for the last couple of days because his short vacation ended, and he had to go back to his military base. We said goodbye, this time with a smile because now we know that nothing can separate us, we'll be siblings forever.

                I talked with Aki and we decided to be just friends, though I still think he’s one of the hottest boys ever. I guess it didn’t click between us. Remember the, ah... that thing about the feeling, the one when a certain note makes a perfect harmony with a voice in a song, where you get that funny, divine tingle all the way through your body? I knew that was it, but as I said it was too late. My certain note wasn’t Aki, but Sam. I realized that when I lost him. I still don't have enough courage to speak with him even though Aki told me he would be happy to hear from me. I guess they are friends again. But I'm a coward, at least when it comes to my own feelings. But when it comes to protecting someone I care about, there’s nothing that can stop me.

I decided to go and visit the great Lee Soo-man. I have a feeling he could help me with protecting my sister. After all she’s under his company so why trying won’t hurt. There was only one way that I could think of contacting him without having to go to father. He will be my last resort. He doesn’t care for me so why would he care for her. He’s the one who abandoned her, us.  Anyhow, I went to my Jay oppa for a little of his magic.

                “Oppa, make me look like exactly like my sister.” I signed him out of the blue after crashing into his apartment. He looked at me as if I was crazy, then again I probably am. Little Alex confirmed why I am crazy in the first place.

                “Noona, but you already look like Noona.” The kid stated the obvious. I’m not going to lie, I was a bit embarrassed but that passed soon. Yes, I know I look like her but still there are differences. I look like a 15 year old, not 19 year old, my eyes are blue while hers are dark brown, I’m thinner but with more muscles, she has a mole under her eye and I don’t.

                *Ok, Sarang-yah, I can do that but what about your height? I can’t make yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter