Something about LOVE (Sarang)

Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

        

Chapter 2

                                                                                                        Something about Love (Sarang)

 

   When you sit and do nothing, the time tends to go agonizingly slow. Sarang looked at her small wristwatch for the fifteenth time and realized that there’s roughly about six more hours of flight. I really hate sitting and doing nothing. I feel like am trapped here. She turned her head and faced the sleeping girl beside her. She looks so cute sleeping with hanging open. Such a goofy expression, ha-ha. That sight gave her an inspiration. Slowly so she don’t wake up the sleeping girl she took some blank sheets from her backpack, closed her eyes and tried to imagine and write down the music she could hear in her head. Not many people know about the fact that Sarang is a good musician and a composer. Someone would say that she is a prodigy. She truly is a genius. She started to show her music and other talents when she was only three years old so her nanny’s son taught her to play piano. After that everything she learned, she learned by herself.

            When she was five years old, her nanny took her for some testing and she scored a perfect 151 on an IQ test. That’s how she found herself in elementary school at five. She didn’t stay long (two years) because the school staff decided that she is already smart enough for middle school. Therefore, she studied in Harvard-Westlake school for girls, where she focused her studding on music, but either way she was the best in anything she did. 

            For her, life was good, she was happy even though nobody in school liked her because she was the youngest yet the smartest and plus a ‘’foreigner’’ with a strange name. She enjoyed her music, literature and dance classes and more than anything she liked to hang out with her nanny’s son who was teaching her all kinds of martial arts. He was like her older brother.

            Everything was fine until one day she got a phone call from her ‘’brother’’. He tried to tell her slowly but he broke down in tears saying that she’s gone. Her nanny was dead. The news devastated Sarang. Her nanny was the closest thing she had to a mother even though her nanny was an older woman. She loved her so much. That happened last year.

            Her ‘’brother’’ was only seventeen back then and wasn’t legally off age so he couldn’t take care of Sarang. The school and social service decided to send her to Korea, to her father. However, her father didn’t want to hear about it so he requested from school to accommodate her in one of their dorm. Therefore, she stayed for another year. However, nothing was the same. She withdrew into herself. She rarely spoke if not asked, she didn’t fight back when older student picked on her...All she did was studding. Then the graduation came and she was valedictorian and with that came the day she had to go home, to Seoul, South Korea to see her father for the first time since she was born. That’s why she was trying so hard to learn Korean language, even though she already speaks English, French, Spanish and Italian.

            Now she found herself at the plane in first-class flight for Seoul. She promised to her  ‘’brother’’ that she will try to be more happy and in return he promised that he will come to Seoul as soon as possible. That’s why she was trying to meet people, and the first of them is the girl next to her.

            Sarang never met someone like this (Oh, I haven’t even ask for her name.) person. She liked her boyish yet so feminine charm. Sarang faced the window humming the melody that was playing in her head. So lost in her thoughts Sarang never realized that the girl was awake and focused on her melodious voice.

            “S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter