Faceless

Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
       FACELESS Henry sat trying to overcome the perplexity he felt coming over him during the entire story of apparently meaningless point. Sarang was pissing him off.

          “So let me get this straight, you got mad over your brother taking his bloody girlfriend’s side and left the building to kill yourself? You really are something.” Henry suddenly stood up and started to yell at Sarang. After all, he was never the one for the details, and Sarang jumping from one story to another didn’t help at all. He just wanted this thing to get over, therefore little yelling made him feel better. Sarang stood up in front of him giving him one nasty stare, silently cursing him for interrupting her.

            “If you bloody haven’t interrupted me than maybe, just maybe you would know why I was away.” She took a deep breath preparing for more yelling. “I got into a fight with my brother and my best friend. I broke up with my boyfriend without even kissing him in the first place. So why don’t you cut me some ing slack.”

            Hearing Sarang’s foul language and talking back to an older person, Victoria sent Amber a wide-eyed look. The other girl approached and whispered in her ear that it’s ok, both Sarang and Henry are foreigners and they are used to this kind of bickering.

            “No, I certainly can not cut you any slack. We searched for you all damn night and instead going home, you came here. Look at your face? Who did this to you? And give me straight answer.”

            “I, ah... I fell, ok!”

            “You fell? How? How is your leg?”

            “Does it matter? My leg is like steel. I was distracted while climbing up to the roof and didn’t see the step and voila... I fell.”

            “What about the broken bottle covered in blood?”

            “I drank, and fell again and cut my palm.” She answered fast rolling her eyes, showing him her palm that Victoria already sanitized and wrapped up with gauze. “Satisfied?”

            “We will see if your brother will be satisfied as I am.” Now that she thinks about it, she expected her brother to be there with them.

            “Huh, Henry? Where is oppa?”

            “What do you think? He is looking for you.” He responded still not catching the drift. Now Amber got closer to him and whispered that they forgot about Hyungyu. With silent curse, he took his phone to call the man. Only his phone was dead just like Amber's went hours ago. Both of them looked at Sarang with expectation. In return, the injured girl just shrugged her shoulders.

            “Somehow mine got drowned. It kind of fell into the fountain.” Sarang point with her thumb through the window and that instantly made Victoria realize that the girl who sang earlier was none other but Sarang. She smiled secretly.

            “Oh, just use mine!” Victoria threw her phone at Henry thinking that maybe today is the day of the dead phones. After a ring and very loud hello, Henry started to speak.

            “Hey, it’s me.” He said in English but couldn’t say much.

            “What a hell is wrong with your phone? I called million times. I am calling the police. There’s no trace to Sarang. I’m freaking out.”

            “She’s with me.”

            “You found her? Is she ok? She’s not hurt? Is she scared? Let me hear her.”

            “She’s fine. Where are you?”

            “...”

            “Hey, H where are you?”

            “I don’t freakin know. I was just running around looking for her. I’m in the middle of nowhere.”

            “Just call taxi.”

            “And to tell them what? To come and pick me where? In the middle of nowhere? Smart Henry, really smart. Tell me where... oh crap. My battery’s low. Quickly tell me where are you?”

            “Oppa? Tell me what you see around you?”

            “Sweetie, are you ok?”

            “Just hurry.”

            “Ok...an...”

            While Sarang talked with her brother, and Henry argued with Amber about whether to take Sarang home now or later, Victoria observed the girl on the phone. Before she didn’t see it but now that the girl stood up, she noticed the blood on her pillow. Now she saw that Sarang left arm was soaked in blood. She realized that there’s more to her story than what she told them but the girl was trying to hide it. Probably from Henry, who was closest to her brother. Silently she took the blanket and covered Sarang to hide her arm from oblivious Henry.

            “Ok, he is truly in the middle of nowhere but I know where

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter