Cheering up nAMBER one

Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Please listen song Take me home from Jess Glynne while reading this chapter. Here is the linkhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ebfSItB0oM&nohtml5=False

Cheering up nAMBER one

     

Truly, the market where Sulli took Amber is pretty close to their apartment, but the trip back to the said apartment this time seamed much longer. That’s probably because Amber haven’t said a word since they left the market's ground. All she did was clutching the red backpack that belonged to the roller skater. Amber’s silent mood is rather strange, uncharacteristic even because, when she’s with Sulli, they talk, joke and laugh all the time. Now, Sulli was truly worried. Who was that girl, and how she dares to upset my hyung. Oh, maybe we should have gone after the girl, especially if she was hurt as Amber said.   

            The night was indeed such a sight, showing the beauty of the city in the best colors. The deafness of the night somehow complimented the silence that surrounded Sulli and Amber. Carefully not to startle the older girl, Sulli approached her and touched her shoulder lightly.

 

            ‘’Hyung, are you ok?’’ Even though she was gentle, she failed in her intention, because when Sulli touched her, the other girl jumped a little in surprise looking around as if she just now realized where she was.

            ‘’What? Oh, nothing, nothing. It’s just...... I can’t believe that I forgot about this girl. How could I?’’ Amber asked herself with a distant look while pressing the backpack to her chest and holding on to it as if her life depends on it.

            ‘’But, who is she? Is she some fan of yours or something? Is she from America?’’ Sulli’s interest about the girl and the whole situation grew with every change of Amber’s facial expression. She moved closer to Amber and hugged her shoulders and since Sulli was taller, it looked like she was hugging a child. ‘’Talk to me hyung.’’

            Amber took a deep breath and smiled bitterly.

            ‘’She is from America but she definitely is not my fan. As far as I know.’’ Amber paused, gave her dongsaeng quizzical look then proceeded with the story about how she met the girl. ‘’We met almost a whole year before we even debuted. I met her on the day after her tenth birthday, the American one.’’ She paused again just to think a bit, of what she could tell to her little ‘brother’.

            ‘’How ironic. If I remember correctly, tomorrow will be exactly four years since I met her in the plane trip from America to Seoul.’’ Amber quickly glanced at the girl beside her and then looked at her feet. She looked like she was counting her steps, again lost in her thoughts.

            After a few more seconds of Sulli’s considerations, she said excitedly. ‘’That means that her birthday is today? Chinchaa? Amber nodded in response.

 

             “Amber hyung, to me it looks more like a destiny than irony.”

            ‘’Maybe you’re right.’’ Amber shrugged not knowing what to think anymore. I hope it’s destiny for I really want to meet her again.

            With every answer from the older girl Sulli’s interest grew. She squeezed her hyong’s shoulder in support. “What’s so interesting about her that attracted your attention so much?’’

 

            “I don’t know. ‘’ She sighed. ‘’Nothing and everything I guess.... Her view of music delighted me, her love for her brother, who is not even her brother, fascinated me. The maturity in her speech and sweetness in her clumsy behavior thrilled me.’’ For a moment, Amber found herself in her memories.

            ‘’ She had such an innocent and cute smile but in her eyes you could feel some kind of wisdom and grief. And Sulli, she was so tiny and fragile that all I wanted was to take her in my lap, hug her, protect her and never let her go. I don’t even know why I felt that way.’’ Amber finishes with a frustrated sigh running her fingers through her short recreantly dyed hear.

            ‘’ I guess you felt what I feel towards my little brother. He’s only two and all I want is to protect him forever and ever.’’ Sulli said thinking about her own little brother. With such a small being come a great happiness, love and protectiveness. She realized that Amber once again became lost to her thoughts so she didn’t bother her again. She must have really shaken by the fact that she forgot about the girl. They walked slowly, each one of them clutching their own ‘burden’, Sulli the grocery bag and thoughts about upcoming filming with Minho oppa and Amber the red backpack and thoughts about a little girl who holds the grief in her eyes.

            They took the shortcut through the park and got out on the street that leads to the apartment’s building. Amber was living with the girls until the year before, when she hurt her ankle and left to L. A. to be with her family. When she got back after six months, her father escorted her to Korea so she moved in another apartment with him. Which is cool, but she misses her friends. She text him earlier that she will stay with other f(x) members.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter