Friends Again

Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

         

FRIENDS AGAIN

   Ailee was sick of her brother. For the past few weeks, he has been staying at her place making her living quarters looking like a pigs’ stable. She realizes he's in some sort of depression but come on; the boy needs to know the boundaries. All he did was watching TV, playing games, eating and sleeping - on her couch. Her living room looked as some kind of battlefield, the remaining snack bags scattered all over the floor.

"Sam, you idiot! Get out of my house already. I'm sick of you." He lazily raised his heads to glance at her then just turned around and once again focused his eyes on TV. "Do you even hear me? You occupied my house. I can't even bring any friends over because everything looks as if you dropped a bomb over here. I moved out for a reason you know?!" Still, no reaction from him. Suddenly she wacked him at the back of his head.

"Why did you do that for?" He asked loudly scratching the spot where the pain was the strongest.

"Oh, you suddenly know how to talk?" Sam just made a sorrowful face. "Sam, please, I love you bit go back home. Like right now."

"Sis, I miss her." Ailee didn't need him to tell her of whom he was talking about. Since the incident few weeks ago when that girl disappeared, he was like a wrecked creature. Though he was still tipsy that night, he mounted his bike and left in search for her. He was more than happy when they found her but he hadn't spoke with her since the day he told her to leave him alone. Now, without his trainee schedules he didn't found any other thing to occupy himself so all he had left was his depression. He seriously missed his friend.

"Then go and talk with her. Leave me alone." Ailee yelled emphasizing the word ME.

"But I don't know if she wants to talk with me." He sounded excessively desperate.

"Why wouldn't she? You're friends."

"Argggh, you don't understand a thing. She's not like any girl I met. You think she will forgive because I pull my good looks and some cheesy line on her? No, she will send me to hell.”

"No, she will forgive you because she cares." Ailee felt sorry for her brother and she wanted to help him. And, hey, helping him would mean that he would go back home and once again she will have het apartment back in shape. "Go and take a shower, we are leaving."

"Where?"

"Just go and shower. You stink," Sam frowned and sniffed himself.

“I don’t smell anything.” He feigned innocence. Ailee shook her head in amusement.

“Shower, now. Try some bar soap. It’ll do you wonders.” Sam stood up and walked into the bathroom, laughing the whole way in.

*

            Amber missed her little friend almost as much as she missed her own sister. For the past weeks she was absent from Seoul, along with her group members (except Sulli). They were promoting their new singles on different programs such as Music Bank, Inkgayo and many more. Whenever she could, she would call Smiley face and they would talk for hours about nothing and everything. She still remembers them teasing each other over boys; Sarang about Henry while Amber teased back about Sam. Sarang admitted that she maybe feel something more towards Sam, but she wasn’t sure as she usually wasn’t sure about her feelings, thoughts and actions. Now that Amber has a week off to rest, she decided to meet as many friends as she can because later she’ll be overbooked with schedules. That’s how she found herself in front of Sarang’s cook asking about the girl whereabouts.

            “She went outside through the back yard long time ago. I think she’s with her crazy dog.” The cook said looking behind Amber with a huge smile on her face. Amber looks at her phone to check the time realizing that it was already late, seven in the evening. Well that serves me well. I should’ve called first.

           “Is it alright if I check if she’s outside?” Amber asked hopefully. Though Sarang told her that she’s always welcomed in her home, she had to ask the house employee. The cook nodded her head showing her the way. Amber went out through the door, squinting her eyes in order to see around the backyard. The lights were off and the Sun has already set. She moved around for a while, finally giving up. Before she turned to leave, she heard a silent almost soundless bark. What she saw almost made her bursting in laugh. Victor aka ‘the crazy dog ‘was lying on his side while Sarang was hugging him from the back. She was fast asleep.

Amber approached and crouched beside them. It was obvious that the dog wanted to get up but at the same time, he didn’t want to disturb its master. Amber gently started the girl’s hair as she tried to wake her up. The teenager struggled to open her eyes before finally blinking her dark blue eyes.

            “Amber?” She groggily asked, being unsure of her sight after napping for so long. The laugh from older girl confirmed her suspicions.

            “Sleepy head, what are you doing sleeping outside?” Amber took her by the waist and helped her up; freeing the dog that happily ran to do the deed. She realized that Sarang was wet from sweat and was shivering slightly. “Why are you wet?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter