I just wanna

Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I JUST WANNA

            Friendship can mean many things. Yes, friendship is a matter of personal compatibility but can be something more to it? Friendship can give you something you will cherish until the day you take the last breath, but also can scar you forever. Seeing the friendly bickering between Amber and Henry, she wishes her friendship with Sam would survive. With a sad heart, her face becomes smiley.

            “Ok girls, this time don’t you dare running away, ok?” Henry demanded from his two precious girls, Amber and Sarang, who came at Henry’s place to spend some quality time together, since they did run away the last time.

            “Hey, we didn’t run away. We just walked out and went to have fun.” Amber and Sarang started defending themselves. Though they didn’t regret the fact that they left to spend time with Alex and Jay, the felt sorry for Henry.

            “Ha, like you two could have had fun without my precious self.” Of course, they felt a little better after he started with his narcissist self praising.

            “Just go and cook us something already.” Sarang said, standing up and taking a guitar that was lying in a corner of the room.

“Nice guitar you have here.” She yelled after him, taking her place on the couch. Amber sat down beside coffee table with her eyes closed. She was resting her eyes and mind, and since Sarang knew Amber has sleeping problems, she dared not to disturb her. Silently, she started playing random chords to test the guitar’s acoustic. After few minutes, Amber started humming along with chords Sarang played.

            “I think you have something there.” Sarang stopped playing slightly startling Amber with her voice.

            “What?” She looked so cute with her clueless face expression.

                                                                   “You were humming. It’s a nice melody.”

                                                                  “It just came to me.” Amber said shyly.

            “Then repeat it and write it down. Inspiration’s can come from anywhere. I think you’ve got something good.” And they did. Amber was familiar with music but not when it comes to write it in notes. While Amber was humming, Sarang wrote down the notes she picked up with her perfect pitch ears. Henry came into a room catching his two girls engrossed in their own world. He dared not to interrupt them. Suddenly Amber looked at him and started whispering.

            “I just wanna love you.”

            “W-What?” He stammered. Am I hearing things?

            “Give me that chance.” No I don’t. She definitely said that.

            “Chance for what?” Henry was afraid, so very much. Though he didn’t know why, he was.

            “Wanna hold you.” Once again, Amber said something that to him, in this very moment seemed inappropriate. Sarang started laughing so much he thought she went crazy.

            “Amber, we have a kid here. And Sarang, why do you laugh?” Amber was just looking at him while Sarang was on the floor trying not to die from laughing.

            “Baby, you know that I need you.” She continued with her confessions and Henry knew that he needed to put a stop at it. After all, they should talk about their feelings when they are alone.

            “I didn’t know that. But please, we can do whatever you want, AFTER the kid is gone.” Henry said a little louder which startled Amber. She looked at his eyes and smiled.

            “Oh, Henry, you are here.”

            “What? I was here...” He didn’t get the chance to finish his sentence because Amber jumped and took him by his hand. The tingling feeling started spreading through his whole body.

            “Good. You wanna hear a song that just popped in my head? It’s not whole yet but it’s something.” Amber said sitting him on the couch and taking a place way to close to him.

            “Wait, but you just.... Ohhh...” Henry finally realized. Amber wasn’t looking at him but through him. The words she spewed earlier weren’t for me. Damn, so embarrassing. With rosy cheeks he started listening Amber’s humming and Sarang’s guitar chords.

 

            After that embarrassing moment and a lunch later, somehow they started to talk about Sarang and her love life. No matter how much she tried to make a diversion by talking about their relationship, Henry and Amber didn’t give in, because she wanted to know about the date she had and he, because he wanted to talk her out of going out with Aki again.

            “Ok... I’ll tell you everything if...” She dragged the words.

            “If what?” Henry and Amber asked in unison.

            “If you promise me you two are going to talk about your own feelings. The tension between you is so thick that I almost always trip over it.” At first, they tried to protest but in the end they had to give in. They both knew the kid could be stubborn as a bull.

            “All right. Here is the story. Are you guys ready?”

            “Just start already.”

            “Ok” Sarang sighed dramatically. “There was no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter