But a good day for comeback

Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BUT A GOOD DAY FOR COMEBACK

 

            As soon as Mr. Chan drove off with Amber, Sarang's smile wavered. She realized how hard is to act as if everything is all right when the people you most care for are around. Amber is one of the few people she cares deeply for, and Sarang hoped that she wouldn’t see her as a weak person. A cold female whisper in her left ear disturbed her pensive state.

            "There’s more about you than you give us, Miss Lee. I know you have secrets, I saw you yesterday." Suddenly, Sarang’s throat was dry. She was scared to say anything let alone to turn around and face the girl. "I'll keep my eyes on you. No one can stop me from finding out how you can be so close with such idols." Then silence. Sarang assumed that the culprit left.

            Adjusting her glasses, disheveling her hair and clothes little bit more she turned around only to meet her eyes with pitch black ones. Trying to step away, she tripped over her own feet and the owner of the black eyes stopped her from falling.

            "Sarang-shi, are you well?" The black eyes searched her body for injures.

            "A, Aki... what? Why are you here?" Sarang spluttered her words looking at his hands that were around her forearms. Why does he still hold my arms? She was wondering.

            "I dropped my little sister to school. We actually live near." He approached her even more to examine her face, which made her feel awkward and nervous for some reason. "What happened to your eye?" He asked noticing the forming bruise under her right eye.

            "I, ah... I had a sparring match with my brother." Sarang said backing her head away, her heart starting to thump harder than usual.

             “Oh, yes... Sam hyung mentioned that you can throw a punch or two.” Aki giving her a handsome smirk and a wink. She was oblivious to his flirting intentions mostly because of Ai, who was once again cornered by the bully girl. She knew Ai could handle that herself but... She faced Aki and boldly took him by his elbow.

            “A punch or two? Ha, I can totally kick his .” She pulled him hard and dragged him with her. “Walk me to the school entrance.” To say that he was surprised would be understatement. Therefore, he just smiled and started walking by her side. Getting closer to the school entrance, he realized why Sarang suddenly wanted his company. Because of his little sister. He was disappointed and thankful at the same time. A pretty girl of about his age was bulling his sister verbally. However, as soon Aki and Sarang were in sight she stopped with maltreating, pretending to be cute.

            “Wow, why such a handsome oppa is with that thing.” She said referring to Sarang who tried hard not to throw her famous punch or two. Aki only smirked which made him look very dangerous and more handsome.

            “And what such an ugly thing as yourself is doing to my little sister?” The bully’s eyes got bigger at the realization, trying to find some kind of excuse. Like a real gentleman, Aki offered his sister and Sarang his arms and both of them accepted with smiles on their faces.

            “Ladies, let me walk you to the entrance.” The girl couldn’t believe her own eyes. However, as she said earlier, she will keep her eyes on Sarang. After all, she promised herself that she would discover the secrets surrounding the tomboyish girl.

 

.........................................................................................................................................................

AMBER’s POW

            Finally, my dear sister arrived. With Mr. Chan’s help, we put the suitcase in the trunk and headed to my apartment. As soon as we sat inside the car, JackJack climbed and made himself comfortable in Jackie’s lap.

            “My favorite sister is finally here.” I hugged her side putting my head on her shoulder. I feel as if I just realized how much I missed her.

            “Hey, I’m your only sister. That’s my title. I don’t care that here you call every older female a SISTER. I’m the one and only. Got it.” I salute her as if in army. God, I love her and I missed her so much. “Nice car you have here. Your company is loaded if they give you something like this on disposition.”

            “Actually, it belongs to a friend of mine.” I said smiling at her but apparently, she took the smile wrongly. She started wiggling her eyebrow.

            “Oh, a friend of yours.”

           “Yes, I had a sleep over at my friend’s place and SHE offered me her car and her driver to... well drive me wherever I need.” I said emphasizing the word She. Oh, how her face fall down. Did she really think I could have a boyfriend now? And it’s not like have them waiting just for me. Boys like pretty girls, not tomboyish like me. To them I’m a friend material. I don’t care though. I took my mobile out and snapped one selfie with my sister. As always  we both made silly faces.

            “Hey, what are you doing with the picture?” Jackie tried to take my cell phone from me when she realized that I’m trying to send it to someone. Our bickering turned into a chasing in the car. “Don’t you dare send it?”

            “Calm down Jackie... It’s just for Sarang.” I slapped her hand away.

            “Who the heck is Sarang?”

            “The friend to whom this car belongs. I told her about her. Chill out a bit would ya?!” Finally, I managed to press send. Not seconds later, I got feedback.

*Wow, you girls look alike. A lot! Nice llama face. When I get to meet almighty older sister?*

          I show the message to my sister. “See, not big deal. She’s cool. You got to meet her; I swear she’s just like you when it comes to doing crazy stuff.”

            “Ok. She called me almighty, I’m cool with that. What do we do today?’’ She asked me yawning and stretching her neck.

            “I’m free to 1 PM so we can meet some friends?”

            “Sure, only if there’s food and coffee included. Jetlag is killing me. Will Henry be around? He’s one of the few I know here.”

            “I don’t know. I was with him yesterday. Strange things happened.” I started slowly but didn’t know how to put everything that happened. When it comes to boys, I go to my sister. Or my little GoldFish. I opened my mouth to continue but Mr. Chan stopped.     

            “Misses Liu, we have arrived.” We jumped out of the car, and with his help, we brought the suitcase up in my apartment.

            “Goodbye Mr. Chan. Ah... If you would be kind to get this check back to Sarang. She dropped it. Please, take care of Sarang.”

            “Always Miss Liu.” He said bowing to me. I wonder how much Sarang and her brother trust this man, but seeing how Sarang interact with him, as if he was an older brother, I smile. He is trustworthy. As soon as I saw him leaving my sister dragged me in and literally threw me on the couch.

            “Spit it out. What happened with Henry?” Jackie sat near me taking an apple and munching it. She has terrible eating habits. She can eat everything at any time and still look like a model. Her height helps though.

            “Well, before I never considered it a big deal but since yesterday it makes me wonder.” By the expression on her face, I realized that she doesn’t care for my wonderings right now but for the facts. “Ok, ok. First, he got back from Thailand and he came to see me first. `   And he brought me a present.” I took my chain to show her my little llama charm Henry got me. “He’s my friend so it’s no big deal.”

            “What’s wrong with a friend giving you presents?” She took a bag of chips to munch while listening to me. What? Is my life a drama or something...

            “I didn’t say there’s a problem it’s just... I don’t know... Anyway, it turned out he know Sarang since long time ago, and he drove me to her place. While at hers we had a few awkward moments.”

            “Cool! Come on, spill it now.”

            “Well, there was this moment in the car when he unclasped my buckle stating that I was too much in daze to do it myself.”

            “Wow, points for the originality!”  Jackie commented sarcastically. Well, my thoughts exactly my dearest sister.

            “Yeah... Then there was this moment when he ‘tried’ to protect me from a dog, holding me like this.” I stood up to demonstrate and holding her from behind I continued. “And let me tell you, both times he was way too close to my face.” Since Jackie is taller than I am, my head reached to her shoulder so I leaned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter