Life doesn't give a day off

Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Life doesn't give a day off

chapter 13

 

Soojung POW

            Thank God for days off. I love my job and everything, I really do, but a girl needs her precious time to rest, Am I right? Of course I am. I don’t do anything special though, just lie in bed, listening to music, reading, taking selcas and being lazy as much as I can... I guess doing nothing is the best thing to do on your day off. Hehe... It was already afternoon when I woke up from a long, long and beautiful sleep. I would probably sleep some more if my mom hasn’t waked me up to eat something. Since we have to perform on stage tomorrow, I had to get up to refresh myself and eat well. I didn’t even change my pajama when I finally rolled off of my bed and sat on our family dining table. Mom prepared some delicious beef, my favorite. I can eat it whenever. Yummy!

            “Soojung, sweetie, did you rest well?” My mom asked. Since my sister is not around, she pours all her love and worry into me. I really love it, but I miss my sister very much. I nod my head to respond since my mouth was full with food. I really had a long and nice sleep. Unlike someone, I know. I’m sure Amber hasn’t slept a wink, knowing her owl like nature. Sometimes, I wonder how she manages to stay on her feet after pulling an all nighters. I swallow                                                                                            my bite and turn to my mom.

              “Mom, did you hear from SooYeon?” I just had to ask mom about my sister since I was dead to the world way past noon.

            “Yes, she’s busy today with rehearsals so she won’t be able to visit.” Well, that’s bad. I miss our cuddling. I miss our fights over silliest things. I cleaned up my plate and put it in the sink in kitchen. I looked around for my father but I couldn’t see him. “Mom, where’s dad?”

            “I Am right here princess! How are you?” He said coming from behind startling me. He tends to do that, to sneak up behind my back just so he sees my reaction. “I’m ok daddy, where were you?” I said trying to pretend as if I wasn’t startled.

            “To the store. My precious wife needed some groceries so I went to get them and stretch my legs as well.” Dad said my head. I feel so loved by my family. I wish I wasn’t busy as much as I am just so I can have more this precious moments. I can only wonder how my band mates feel with their family so far away. “He’s a good husband, is he not?” My mom interjected putting her hand on my father’s shoulder. I smile at their cute interaction.

            “Yes mom, of course he is. He’s my dad, he has to be!” I said winking at both of them. After talking with them about this and that and promising my dad that I will bake a manju for him later, I went to my room. Just as I picked a book to read in my heavenly soft bed, my phone rang. I was wandering who would call me at late afternoon. It was Sulli.

            “Yeoboseyo?”

            “Soojung-ah, how are you? Did I wake you up?” I chuckle internally sensing her uneasiness for calling me knowing that I could be asleep.

            “No, no, I’m already up. I’m fine, thank you. What’s up?”

            “Nothing really, I just talked with my umma and oppa, so I feel a bit down.” I thought that they were supposed to visit her. Maybe I’m wrong.

            “Did something happen?”

            “Ah, no... I just miss them and I can’t tell that to unnies. You know, since their family is away as well so not to make them sad and stuff.” Sulli answered a little too fast. “Are you nervous for tomorrow?” She asked, probably because she herself feels that way.

            “Not really. We worked hard and I know we’ll do well.” I tried to reassure her since she’s quite insecure.  “Sulli-yah, are you sure everything is ok?”

 “Am...ah, sure. Everything’s just fine.” This time she took time answering. “Wait, someone is at the door.” She said after a second “Oh, it’s Victoria unnie. I’ll hang up now. Sorry for bothering you. Rest well and eat a lot to be strong for tomorrow. Love ya!”

 

            I put my phone down next to my pillow. Something is bothering her but I couldn’t put a finger on what exactly. I’m sure she wants to talk with someone but something is holding her back from spilling her problems. I just hope that is nothing serious. Taking my book I picked earlier, I lie on my bed and started reading. God, I’m looking forward to a nice hot bubble bath tonight.

 

Luna’s POW

            I must be crazy. A million times, I wondered why I am doing this to myself. Practicing, practicing, and practicing repeatedly just so it turns perfect even though it’s already perfec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter