Chap 9

Broken and Mended

 

----7pm at Amber’s mansion, Amber’s study room----

“You have got all the necessary equipments ready for tomorrow?” Nicole asked as she flopped herself onto the couch.

“Yea. Doing a quick check now.” Amber laid all the tools on her huge wooden table. Running her fingers against each line item as she cross checked the tools from the list.

Satisfied that all tools are in place, Amber turned to Nicole.

“You sure you are okay with the plan for tomorrow?” asked Amber.

“Positive, Am.” Nicole nodded her head and gave Amber an assuring smile.

“Alright then. Let’s go for dinner first before we brief through the plan again. Mrs Lee should have dinner ready by now.” Amber walked to the couch where Nicole was stretching her arms and legs out. Taking the cue as always, Amber piggyback Nicole to the dining room.

Mrs Lee was a part time cook that Amber hired. Whenever there’s a mission the day before, Amber will asked Mrs Lee to prepare dinner for Amber and Nicole. Amber liked Mrs Lee as she was the sort to mind her own business and do as told.

----Amber’s dining room----

“Dinner is ready, Amber. Do you need anything else?” Mrs Lee asked as she placed the last dish on the dining table.

“Thanks Mrs Lee. That will be all. I’ll take care of the dishes after dinner is done.” Replied Amber as she gently placed Nicole onto one of the dining chairs.

“Okay then. I’ll make a move first. Enjoy the dinner girls. Have a goodnight.” Mrs Lee bided goodbye before leaving the girls to their dinner.

----30 minutes later, back at Amber’s study room----

“Let’s go through our plan for tomorrow again.” Amber said as she took out a detailed map of a neighbourhood where the club was situated and another a blueprint of the club.

They began to reenact what would take place tomorrow night.

----1 hour later----

“If we follow what we just reenacted, tomorrow night should be smooth sailing. And we can go meet up with Jessica and gang for a drink afterwards.” Nicole smiled while helping Amber to keep all the maps and tools into 2 nylon bags.

After packing, Nicole flopped herself onto the couch again and stared at the ceiling.

Noticing that Nicole was staring the ceiling with a smile spread across her face, Amber walked towards the couch and placed herself on the arm rest. “What are you thinking?” asked Amber while sub-consciously starting playing with Nicole’s hair.

“Nothing much. Just recalling how we met and all.”

“I still remembered you were dressed in a Mickey Mouse pajamas and holding Jessica’s hand and crying non-stop when Sister Ann ushered both of you into our room. You were really really loud.”

“YAH!! I was scared… and I missed my mom…” Nicole could feel tears slowly forming around her eyes.

“Sorry Nic.. Didn’t mean to bring up the sad past..” Amber gently placed her hand on top of Nicole’s.

“It’s alright, I know you didn’t mean to.. “ wiping her tears away,  Nicole pulled Amber up to the couch and gave her a back hug.

Amber was shocked by the sudden closeness and could feel herself feeling hot all of a sudden.

“You’re enjoying it, ain’t you? Hehehe.” Sub-Amber said cheekily.

“Yea kinda.. Hey stop popping out like this. Go away!” Amber thought, trying to get sub-Amber to piss off.

“Amber, remember to pack your “power capsules” before mission tomorrow. I don’t want you faint halfway when I’m not there, okay?” Nicole said with a serious look at her face.

Amber turned around facing Nicole. Her hand cupped Nic’s face. “Don’t worry Nic, it’s in the fridge already. Remember that I promise you I won’t let that happen again?”

Nicole nodded in response. “ I still can’t believe you are a vampire, Am..”

Amber sighed, “Me too.. If it wasn’t for you, I would have die there and then…”

----Flashback to 2 years ago----

“Damn it! He’s too fast… Nic, be careful. Stay alert for any movement.”  Amber spoke into the mic taped to her cheek while running towards a cargo container. Not wanting to let her guard down, Amber stayed in the offensive combat mode.

Slowly and quietly, Amber leaned against the cold metal of the container while moving steadily towards the right side while maintaining her back flat against the container.

She could feel sweat rolling down from her forehead. She has been chasing this man or target for over an hour, running around and around tracking him down but this guy was like a shadow. The next second you see him, the next second he was gone.

Sensing a presence nearby, Amber snapped out of her thoughts and approaches the right side of the container cautiously. Peeking out of the corner, Amber saw a figure running away.

“Nic.. he’s somewhere around the cargo container. I’m going to pursue him. Stay on the alert.” Amber whispered into her mic.

“Got it Am. Be careful yourself.” Nicole’s voice cracked through the earpiece.

Taking a deep breath, Amber raised her weapon to her right side and began running towards the figure.

“Huh?? What the?? Where the hell is he??” Amber stopped in her tracks, looking around the surrounding.

Suddenly, she felt someone landed a heavy punch to her stomach and she felt her gun slipped out of her hand. Before she knew it, she landed onto the ground hard and out of breath (the punch knocked the air out of her). Groaning, she clutched her stomach. Just when she tried to get up, another punch landed onto her face, knocking her down completely.

“Arghhh…. …” Amber groaned. She could taste blood in .

“Hahahaha!! You’re mine. It’s been so long since I tasted fresh blood! Hahaha!” A loud and piercing voice boomed on top of her.

Amber then felt someone was sitting on top of her and restrained her wrists, preventing her from escaping.

Things happened so fast that Amber couldn’t react at all.

She felt a warm breath on her neck, and the next thing she felt was intense pain. Something or someone was sinking its teeth onto her neck and her blood out.

“Get off…. Me… “ Amber tried to struggle out of the grip but it was no use.

Seconds went by and Amber could feel that her life is slowly seeping away… Her vision started to get blurry. Everything was spinning non-stop..

“Nic..ole…” Amber muttered.

BANG BANG!!

Amber felt the person on top of her stop her blood. Using all her remaining strength, Amber managed to push the person away. Her vision is still spinning. And the next image she saw was the most beautiful  thing ever.

“Nic… you came..” Amber whispered before passing out.

“Amber!! Amber!!” Nicole screamed while shaking Amber hard.

Nicole saw Amber’s neck was bleeding badly, judging from Amber’s pale face, she knew she lost a lot of blood. Without wasting a second, Nicole ripped the helm of her shirt out and pressed it against Amber’s neck.

“Jessica.. Amber is seriously hurt.. Need you to pick as up from our current location as shown in your GPS. Please get here ASAP…” Nicole sent an emergency signal over to HQ to Jessica who happened to be the standby in HQ for this mission.

“Roger that Nicole.. I’m on my way.” Replied Jessica.

----Back at HQ’s infirmary----

“Don’t worry Nicole. Amber will pull through… She’s a strong girl.” Taeyeon comfort the anxious girl who was pacing the corridor up and down.

“Let’s get you clean up first okay?” Jessica tried to distract Nicole’s attention from Amber.

“Yea.. Amber is in the operation room.. There’s nothing we can do to help.. It’s better you take a rest before Amber wakes up from the operation. She’ll need you.” Taeyeon said.

“I’ll stay here. If the operation is done, I’ll send you a message ASAP okay?” Jessica offered.

“That sounds good. Let’s go Nicole, I’ll help you get clean up. You looked like a mess now.” Taeyeon then wrapped her arms around Nicole and guided her to another corner of the infirmary where it’s almost empty and with shower facilities.

----2 days later----

“Mmm mmm….” Amber slowly opened her eyes. She realized that she was lying down and someone was holding onto her hands tightly. Confused at the current situation, she turned her head around and winced at the pain from her neck. Ignoring the pain, Amber began to sit up. She saw Nicole was asleep with her head resting on the bed.

Fully awake from the long sleep, Amber felt something was wrong with her body.. Her senses were more sharp and sensitive than before… She could hear… hear Nicole’s heartbeat clearly!

“What the hell… Something is wrong.. with me.. “Amber thought. Just then, she caught a scent of blood. BLOOD! Suddenly she got a strong urge for blood.. the urge is getting stronger.. She realized that the scent came from Nicole!

Amber slowly inched closer to Nicole..” Ahh.. such soft and smooth skin.. I could almost smell the delicious blood scent..” her lips, her face is getting closer to Nicole’s neck.

Hissing, Amber bared her fangs, she could feel her saliva escaping from the corner of . Before she could take a bite from the flawless neck, Nicole awoke from her slumber.

“Mmmm… Am.. Amber? What are you doing??” Nicole was stunned by the sight in front of her.

Amber’s eyes had changed from black to light purple color and was making hissing sounds while baring her two fangs. She was looking at her with such hunger that Nicole was too stunned to move and she could only managed to blurt out,”Amber?”

Realising what she was doing, Amber dashed out of the ward immediately, leaving a stunned Nicole behind.

Running as fast as she could, Amber knew something was definitely wrong with her! She almost bite Nicole’s neck and her blood! What the hell is she doing???

Before she could ponder further, scent of blood caught her attention. Without wasting time, Amber followed the scent and came to a stop at a locked room.

“Blood Storage Room – For authorized personnel only” A label was stick to the door.

Using abit of her strength, she broke the lock effortlessly.

Opening the fridge-looking container, Amber began to ripped open bags of blood and drank on them hungrily as if she was starved for weeks. Blood was spilling from bags to Amber’s mouth and her hospital gown and to the floor. If an outsider were to look inside, it sure looked like a horrific murder had taken place.

Satisfied with the ‘meal’, Amber dropped the blood bag on the ground. She could feel a new and strong energy building within her body. Suddenly, she felt a presence at the door, she turned around immediately and ready to strike down whomever it was.

 Her hands stopped midway when Amber realized a frightened Nicole was staring at her.

“Am…. What… blood..” Nicole was so scared that she couldn’t speak properly.

Reality struck Amber hard when she regain her senses back. She was practically covered in blood except for her hair. The floor around her was also covered in blood. Suddenly, Amber began to sob.

“I.. I don’t know.. what I’m doing Nic.. I.. I just had this sudden urge… for blood.. I almost attack you just now.. I just.. I just couldn’t stop myself at all…”Amber was trembling and then she felt a strong pair of arms hugging her.

“Shhhh.. it’s okay. Everything will be alright. We’ll figure out things together okay?” Nicole whispered in a soothing voice, trying to calm Amber down. Even though she’s still damn afraid of Amber’s new behavior, she still love her very much.

“We need to clean this up. We can’t let anyone knows about your.. your urge for blood.. Stay in the corner Am.” Nicole stick her head out of the room to make sure no one was around, then she shut the door and immediately clean the blood-stain floor and dispose the empty blood bags.

----20 minutes later----

“Alright, we need to get you clean up Am. You’ll scared people with the blood-stain gown.” Nicole said to the still trembling Amber.

Grabbing clean towels from a nearby rack, Nicole put the towels onto Amber’s shoulders, covering the stain. Putting her arms around Amber protectively, Nicole guide Amber back to her ward. Luckily, they met no one on the way back since it was already midnight.

Locking the ward’s door, Nicole carefully guide Amber to the bathroom.

“Amber? Amber? Are you able to clean yourself?” Nicole asked gently.

Receiving no response from trembling Amber, Nicole began to undress Amber. Pulling the gown off, Amber stood infront of Nicole. Nicole let out a long breath, this is her first time seeing Amber .

Nicole tried not to stare at Amber’s body but it failed. Her eyes began to roam up and down Amber’s lean body and her heart was beating soooo fast. It’s making her feel so hot and bother. Nicole so wanted to have Amber right there and then but she knew it wasn’t right.

“Nicole Jung!! Amber needs you now! You can take her advantage now! Not like this!” Nicole was almost shouting at herself as she mentally kicked herself.

Snapping herself out of her lust, Nicole guided Amber into the shower area, washing the blood stain away.

After towel drying Amber (Nicole was trying not to touch the sensitive areas), Nicole dressed Amber up in a new gown which she stole while on the way to the ward.

Amber’s hair, Nicole whispered, “Don’t worry Am.. I’ll be here for you. No matter what.”

----End of flashback----

--------------------------------------------------

Merry Christmas Readers!!! Happy holidays!! :D

Woah i think this is the longest chap yet.

I remembered some of the readers asking me about the "THING" in chap 1. That "thing' was actually blood :)

Uhuh~ Amber's a vampire (I've a thing for vampires esp female ones lol)

Stay tune to chap 10~~~