Chap 13

Broken and Mended

 

----Nicole’s POV----

After listening to Amber’s instruction, I proceed to move towards the target. I just wanted to get this over and done with, so that I can return to Amber’s side.

Judging that I was several feet away from Kim Shin Mo, I took a deep breath before proceeding. Out of nowhere, I suddenly felt like a helpless deer, venturing into the lion’s den. Who can I blame but myself for coming up with this ‘brilliant’ plan.. Brushing that thought away, I gathered myself and continued walking towards the lion’s den.

Just when I almost reached the target, I felt a pair of strong hands gripping me.

“Miss, I need you to move away.” A big, mean looking man in suit blocked my path.

“Damn those bodyguards..” I muttered under my breath.

I know I have to come up with another plan soon…

Before I could move away, I heard another voice. “Mr. Kim said to let her in.”

Peeking over the big man, I glanced at the source of the voice. It was another big-build bodyguard.

“Follow me, Miss.” The same man who blocked my path then waved his hand to me.

I followed them through the crowds until we stopped at another corner where the crowds were lesser. I then realized that this is the “VIP” zone.

Sitting in the middle drinking and laughing with a bunch of girls was none other than Kim Shin Mo.

“Come, sit here.” Shin Mo patted to a seat beside him while grinning at me like a cheshire cat.

Arghhh!! I hate that face already!!

With no other choice, I walked to the empty seat and sit myself down.

“What’s your name, pretty?” Shin Mo asked and eyed me up and down with lustful eyes while maintaining the stupid grin on his face.

I almost punched him in his face but luckily I controlled myself before replying, “Amber.” That was the first name which came to my mind and before I could stop myself, I have blurted it out.

I could hear Amber giggling in my earpiece. She heard all the conversations. I could feel my face heating up while I mentally gave myself a face-palmed.

“Extraction successfully started. Nic, you’ll need to maintain this distance for another twenty minutes.” Amber’s voice sounded in my earpiece.

I could hear from her voice that she wasn’t very happy about the last part. But since this is a mission, both of us can’t do anything but to complete it ASAP.

For the next fifteen minutes, Shin Mo kept offering me alcohol and insisted that I should drink it all. Lucky for me, I could hold my liquor pretty well since me and Yuri would have a mini drinking party every now and then.

I almost flipped the table upside when I felt his hands started to roam around my thighs while giving me erted looks.

“Amber, you look so hot in that red dress. You could kill me with that figure of yours.” Shin Mo laughed while my thighs.

I could feel myself exploding with disgust and anger by his actions.

Alright Nicole.. calm yourself down.. It’s almost over, don’t blow your cover yet.. just breathe in and out, in and out…

“Come on!! Extract faster!!” I thought as I tried to fend off his hands as polite as I could.   

“80% completed. Hang in there, Nicole.” Amber said, her voice clearly filled with anger.

Shin Mo continued to force me to drink. I knew his evil intentions so I decided to turn the table around and began to pour him drinks as well.

“What are you doing after this?” Shin Mo asked me after gulping down a glass of shots.

“I’m going home. I’ve got work tomorrow.” I lied. I knew his intention of asking me this question and I just hope I could get away without having to resort to violence. Well.. I don’t mind to break his nose and some of his pearly white teeth, but I would like to just get back to Amber’s embrace ASAP more.

“Hmm.. so boring! I’ve got a better idea. Why don’t you come with me later? I’ve got something GOOD to show you.” Shin Mo winked and looked at me with a wide grin plastered on his face.

I almost puke out my drinks after hearing that. Goosebumps were all over my body. I just want to get the hell out of here and to be back with Amber!

“Extraction completed! Nicole, get out of there now!” Amber’s angelic voice echo in my ears.

I immediately put my glass down and stood up abruptly, startling the erted dirty old man.

“I’m sorry, Mr Kim. I really need to go now. It was nice meeting you.” I forced myself to smile and give a bow.

Before I could move another step, two bodyguards stopped me from leaving.

“Where do you think you are going, Amber?” Shin Mo asked angrily with both brows knitted forcefully together and his lips curved steeply downwards, his face no longer grinning like a cheshire cat.

Ignoring his question, I immediately gave a punch right into the nose of one of the guards, which cause him to stumble backwards, thus losing his grip on me.

Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain on my arm. I turned around and saw the other guard injecting my arm with a syringe. Damn!! Why am I so careless!! I shouldn’t have made such mistakes! I immediately kicked him in the groin area before throwing a punch into his face.

Free from the grips, I quickly made my escape towards the nearest exit. I know the drugs going to take effect soon.

As I gripped the exit door frame for support, I felt my whole body getting weak and my vision blurred and darkened.

“.. I got.. drugged.. Am..ber.. tt…”

The next thing I knew, I felt myself hitting on the cold hard ground and everything was spinning out of control.

------------------------

Hi readers! 

So Nic and AMber's mission have finally started!

What will happen next?

STay tune to chap 14 :))))))