Chap 6

Broken and Mended

 

After scanning her ID badge and thumbprint, Amber pressed the B1 button. She was nervously checking out her appearance in the mirror-like surface at the back in the lift. She was going to ask Nicole out for dinner tonight and hopefully, be able to tell Nic about her true feelings (if she get it sorter out by then).

“Ding.” The lift reached B1. As usual, Amber walked to her office to get settled down.

“Right…. Need to get hold of Nic first before the meeting.” Looking at her watch, she only had 7 minutes.

Amber was half walking and half running towards Nic’s office. Turning round the corner, without watching her way, Amber tripped on a loose edge of the carpet floor and fell face first onto the ground. In the midst of falling, as a natural reflex, Amber grabbed and pulled on something in front of her.

“Ahhhh!!! OUCH!!! DAMN!!!..... YAH!! What’s that heavy thing on top of me???!!” screamed Amber.

“Hey, you pulled me down first and I had no choice but to land on you.” The ‘heavy thing’ replied.

“Please get off me?? I’m in a hurry.” Feeling the pressure slowly unload from her back, Amber stood up.

“Amber?.... Oh you said you were in a hurry. Better hurry up then. Meeting starting soon.” Realising the familiar voice, Amber looked up and saw that it was Nicole.

“Oh… erm… not in a hurry anymore… Sorry for pulling you down…. Ermm Nic…I..” This was getting awkward. Amber’s mind was in a blank state now. All she could do was looked at Nicole. And suddenly, yesterday’s event flashed up in Amber’s head.

“Wow… she looks so hot today. That white blouse she was wearing, hmm hmm. It’s abit translucent and I can see her..” Amber suddenly hit her head when she realized she was thinking dirty. Her face turned red when she saw Nicole staring at her.

“Well Amber if there’s nothing, I better get to B3 now. The meeting is held at room B3-14. See you later. And don’t be late.” With that, Nicole quickly walked away from the red-faced Amber as she knew Amber was going to ask her about last night. What Amber didn’t realize was that Nicole was smirking away.

----Amber’s POV----

Stupid stupid stupid me!! What am I doing???! I looked like a complete just now!

“Yea Amber, you really were a total idiot just now. Judging from this rate, I would be surprised if you managed to ask Nicole about yesterday by December next year.” Sub-Amber replied sarcastically.

Feeling even more frustrated and embarrassed now, I looked at the watch. 3 minutes before the start of meeting.

“ ME!!!.....” I immediately ran to the nearest lift as fast as I could towards B3-14.

What a way to start my day…..

----End of Amber’s POV----

From all the dashing and running, Amber managed to get her to B3-14 in time and settled down beside Nicole.

The TV panel located in the middle of the table slowly opened up from the compartment. A manly figure appeared in the panel. He was none other than the Chief of secret service himself, Mr Min Park Soo. He was the one who brief the agents on every mission.

“Morning Mr Min.” Amber and Nicole said in unison.

“Morning, girls. Today I have an important mission to entrust both of you since you are the best out of the group. Our target for this mission is Kim Shin Mo. He currently works in the upper hierarchy of Ministry of Defence. We believe that he is currently trading the country’s sensitive military-related data with the Russians. However, due to the lack of evidence, the government couldn’t prosecute him. So the objective of this mission is to gather sufficient evidence. I need you girls to extract information from a portable device carried by Kim Shin Mo. If possible, try to minimize the usage of violence. The file in front of you has all the necessary information you need for this mission. Good luck girls and stay safe.” With that, Mr Min disappeared from the panel.

“Hmm… this Kim Shin Mo likes to frequent night clubs and get drunk… then picked up girls from the club and to hotels…. Geez… that’s so downright disgusting…” Nicole made a disgusted face as she flipped through the papers. Amber giggled when she saw Nic’s expression.

“Seems like our safest bet will be to strike at the night club. It’s almost impossible to do it in the day with so many bodyguards sticking with him. And we can’t possibly marched into the Ministry of Defence in broad daylight.” Amber pointed at the photographs as she held them up for Nicole to see.

“One of us will need to get close to him at the club, and pretend to be interested in him and then the other will monitor the status of the extraction nearby. We have exactly 2 days to prepare for this. Let’s go to B6 to gather all the devices. Then I’ll need to go shop for some party clothes to seduce this ert.” Nicole said as she stood up and gathered all the papers.

“Good id… Wait! What? You’re going to be the bait??? No way! Who knows what that ert bastard would…..” Before Amber could finish her sentence, Nicole was already out of the meeting room.

“Damn…. I don’t like this idea at all…” muttered Amber as she got up and ran after Nicole.

---------------------------------

Here's chap 5.

Seems like Nicole is serious about being the bait.. uh-oh.. sounds really dangerous~

Will Amber change Nicole's mind?

Stay tune to Chap 6~~~~ :D