Chap 11

Broken and Mended

 

---- Next morning, at TaeSooYulSic’s apartment----

“Ahhhhh~” Yuri groaned as she did her morning stretch out. She was the first one to wake up as always and to make breakfast for the three sleepyhead.

“Morning Yul.” Came a voice from behind the couch.

“Ahh!” Yuri jumped from the sudden greeting. Walking towards the couch, Yuri peeked behind it.

“What are you doing there, Tae?”

“Trying to hide myself from the world?” Taeyeon laughed bitterly.

“Come here.” Yuri then pulled Taeyeon up for a hug. “You sure you don’t wanna send Sulli off to the airport?”

Taeyeon nodded her head while hiding her face into Yuri’s chest.

“Could you do me a favour, Yul?” Taeyeon suddenly looked up to Yuri’s face.

“Anything for you.” Yuri nodded her head.

“Please let Mr Min know that I’ll be taking a few days off from work. I don’t think I’m in a condition to work now…” Taeyeon removed herself from Yuri’s embrace and took out a folded envelope from her pocket. “Please help me pass this letter to Sulli… Her flight is at 9pm… If she asks you why I can’t make it… let her know that… I can’t do it…” Taeyeon trailed off while trying to suppress her tears.

Yuri could feel Taeyeon trembling from sadness and she felt powerless to do anything for the girl. Taking the envelope from Taeyeon, Yuri gently pulled her towards the kitchen.

“Don’t worry, I’ll make sure Sulli get this letter. Well.. I’m gonna make your favourite blueberry pankcakes so sit down and relax in the meantime.” Yuri smiled and went on to prepare breakfast.

“Thanks Yul. Oh erm.. Don’t tell the rest about this.. I don’t want them to be worry for me.”

“Aha… It’s kinda too late. We heard the whole conversation.. Sorry for eavesdropping..” Sooyoung said as she and Jessica both came out of their rooms.

“Come, let’s give Tae a group hug.” Jessica initiated while putting her arms around Taeyeon. Soon, the remaining two joined in.

“No wonder you were so mean to me..” Sooyoung said while Taeyeon gave her an apologetic look.

“It’s okay, I forgive you. I just want my dorky Tae back.” Sooyoung smiled.

“Thanks guys. I’m so glad you are all here while I’m going through a difficult situation.” Taeyeon was touched by her friends’ words and hug the three even more tightly.

“Oi.. What’s with the burning smell?” Sooyoung suddenly broke the silence.

“Ahhhhhhh!! My pancakes!!” Yuri screamed before rushing back into the kitchen.

The rest just laughed at Yuri’s reaction.

----At Amber’s mansion----

*knock knock* “Nic.. Are you awake yet?” Amber stood infront of the door. They need to make a trip to HQ to borrow a van before making their way to the club for preparation.

After several knockings, there was still no answer from the other side.

Amber then turned the knob on the door and makes her way inside the room.

Turning her sight towards the bed, she saw a figure sleeping peacefully.

“Wake up sleepyhead.” Amber said softly while walking to the bed.

Seeing no reaction from Nicole, Amber sat herself down on the side.

Amber’s hand slowly make its way to Nicole’s face and gently.

“You look like angel, Nic..” Amber whispered softly while continuing Nicole’s face.

Just then, Nicole’s eyes slowly opened and blinked a few times before fixing their glaze on Amber.

“Morning.” Nicole whispered hoarsely while giving a sweet smile and then proceed to stretch herself.

While Nicole was stretching in bed, her legs kicked the blanket and it slipped downwards.

Amber’s eyes suddenly widen when Nicole’s back was exposed.

“OMO.. You’re… !” Amber immediately shut her eyes and turned her back towards Nicole. Amber couldn’t believe that all along she was sitting beside a Nicole.

“I’ll.. I’ll bring the tools and meet you downstairs.” Amber stammered nervously as she quickly escaped out of the room before she got a nose bleed and heart attack. She wasn’t ready to see Nicole like that.. YET.

“Hahaha” Nicole couldn’t help but laughed at Amber’s reaction. “Cute!” Nicole smiled while getting out of bed and prepared herself.

----Back to at TaeSooYulSic’s apartment----

Taeyeon stared lifelessly at the television screen as she changed channels after channels. Hoping to watch something to get her mind off Sulli.

Taeyeon was left alone in the apartment as the others left for Inton. Groaning in frustration, she threw the remote on the coach after turning off the television.

Getting up from the coach, Taeyeon decided to take a walk outside to clear her mind. Grabbing her coat and car keys, she stepped out of the apartment.

Driving aimlessly, Taeyeon had no idea where to go. She just kept on driving where the road takes her.

----After fifteen minutes of driving----

Taeyeon saw a park on her right and decided to take a stroll there. Parking her car on the sidewalk, Taeyeon got out, feeling the cold wind blowing against her face. Smiling bitterly, she realized that was how she felt. So cold and lonely inside. After Sulli left her, it was as if all the warm and happiness she felt before disappear overnight, leaving an empty shell behind.

Keeping her head low, Taeyeon clutched her coat tightly and walked slowly towards the park. Finding an empty bench on a corner, she walked quickly towards it and seated herself on the right side.

Sighing, Taeyeon closed her eyes and try not to think of anything, to just enjoy the cold breeze of the morning, making her body relax.

Taeyeon was enjoying the moment when she felt a presence beside her. Still closing her eyes, Taeyeon ignored the presence and continued to indulge herself in the peacefulness and the cold breeze.

“The breeze is cold but yet refreshing isn’t it?” The presence suddenly spoke.

It was a female voice. Somewhat husky voice. Taeyeon thought. Still closing her eyes, Taeyeon nodded at the stranger’s question.

“I like sitting here in the morning whenever I could. The breeze just makes my mood better.” The stranger spoke again.

However, Taeyeon wasn’t exactly in the mood for small talks, especially with strangers. Trying not to be rude, Taeyeon replied back, ”Me too.”

“I haven’t seen you before. Do you live around here?” The stranger asked Taeyeon.

Taeyeon was starting to feel annoyed at the stranger for interrupting her peace and quiet. She could feel the stranger staring at her, waiting for her reply. Trying to keep her calm, she replied back, “No.”

“Oohh. No wonder I have never seen you before. Anyway, nice meeting you, my name is.. Tiffany…” before the stranger could finish her sentence, Taeyeon had already walked away from the bench towards her car.

Frowning and pouting, Tiffany just stared at Taeyeon until she disappeared from her sight.

“Weird girl.” Tiffany said before getting up the bench and headed home.