Chap 7

Broken and Mended

 

Throughout the whole journey to the shopping mall, Amber was trying hard to discourage Nicole from being the bait. Temporarily, pushing aside her burning questions about yesterday.

“It’s just too dangerous. Who knows what this creep might do to you… I already feel like giving him a punch in the face just by looking at the photos.. There got to be a better plan..” Amber protested.

“Alright Am, so tell me what’s the ‘better plan’ then?” Nicole crossed her arms while waiting to hear Amber’s reply.

“Ermm… well……”Amber frowned. “ Okay okay, I don’t have a better plan. I just don’t want you to be touch by other people especially this kind of dirty erts. I hate to see you being taken advantage of….” Nicole could clearly hear genuine concerns from Amber.

Nicole was delighted by Amber’s words. “Amber.” Nicole placed her hand on top of Amber’s. “Don’t worry, I’ll be extra careful and alert. Besides, you’ll be nearby and if anything happens which I doubt so, you’ll be able to rush in within minutes.”

“*Sigh* Alright.”

----25 minutes later----

“Oh yea! We finally reached the shopping mall!” Nicole chirped happily while getting out of Amber’s convertible. “Come on Am, I don’t wanna waste any more time here in the carpark.” Nicole impatiently dragged Amber to the carpark lift lobby.

As always, whenever Amber accompanied Nicole to the shopping malls, this pair of couple naturally attracts attention from most shoppers. It seemed that everyone would stop what they were doing and just stared at the couple.

“Seriously, this is getting into my nerves. Why can’t they behave normally and just concentrate on their damn stuff. I swear this is the last time I am going to step into places like this. Pfffff…” mumbling to herself, Amber followed Nicole silently while glaring coldly at those unwanted stares.

“Oh! There’s my favourite store! Let’s go take a look!” Nicole dragged the lifeless Amber into the shop as fast as she could.

Once inside, Nicole almost went ‘wild’. She was practically jumping from one section to another while picking out clothes and dumping them onto the poor saleslady who was trying hard to catch them.

After a good 15 minutes, Nicole was done with her dumping browsing and the poor saleslady had on at least 20 set of clothes on her (which somehow makes her look like one of the clothes rack).

Before Nicole could run into the dressing room, Amber stopped her,”Nic, I’m going to grab some food. I’ll be right back in 30 mins, kay? Do you need anything?”

“It’s okay Am. I’m fine here.” Nicole smiled while staring at the piles of clothes being sent to the dressing room.

“Okay.” Amber quickly dashed out of the store and makes her escape to the nearby cafeteria.

----Amber’s POV----

I’ve never felt so happy now when I see so much food around rather than clothes. I ordered a small pizza and iced green tea along with my favourite dessert, waffles!

Heck! I still got like 20 minutes left. I slowed down my eating. Tick tock tick tock…. 17 minutes left.

Damn… the time sure pass by so slowly. Sipping my green tea, I noticed a bunch of highschool girls were staring and giggling at my direction. When they saw that I was looking at them, they blushed and giggled more.

I sighed and returned my attention back to the remaining ¼ pizza in front of me. Pondering back to what happened yesterday, I decided not to approach Nicole about it yet since I wasn’t sure what I was going to ask to make it not look awkward.

I looked at my watch. 14 minutes left. I gobbled the remaining pizza and gulped the drink in one go. 12 minutes left. Great.

I got up from my seat and out of the cafeteria. Then.. “oooohhh.. doughnuts!” another of my favourite snack. I walked hurriedly to the queue.

“I’ll have this, this, this, this and this.” Pointing to the different flavours to the saleslady when it was my turn and watched her packed my mouth watering doughnuts up.

5 minutes! Great timing. As I walked to the store, I couldn’t resist but to stuff one of the doughnuts into my mouth. Yummy! Biting on the doughnut, I finally reached the entrance of the store.

“Gawow……” unintelligent words flew out of my mouth when I saw Nicole stepped out of the dressing room. I stared at the beautiful and y creature in front of me with my mouth wide open. I didn’t realize that my doughnut fell out of my mouth, and hit my clothes before rolling down to the ground.

“Erm.. sorry Miss but your doughnut just hit the ground.” I heard one of the saleslady spoke.

Doughnut? What doughnut? Who cares about doughnut when I have such a gorgeous girl standing in front of me. There she was. Wearing a red sleeveless short dress which ends at her thigh. The front of the dress revealed a substantial amount of Nicole’s cleavage while the back was fully exposed up till the lower back. I was starting to feel a warm tingling sensation all over my body and was feeling abit breathless. I wonder what is this feeling.

Ignoring the saleslady, I took a small step towards Nic. “Woah.. You look really really hot in that!” I exclaimed without taking my eyes off her. I could feel my mouth slowing drooling (not from the doughnuts this time).

“Really? I like this dress too. I was waiting for your opinion before purchasing.” Smiled Nicole. “I’ll have this wrapped up then.”

Then reality hit me like a bullet train with alarm bells ringing non-stop. “She will be wearing this smoking hot dress to seduce a erted guy for the mission, dude! Not for your pleasure. Are you sure you are okay?” sub-Amber almost screamed in the mind.

I am 100% positive sure that I’m so not okay with her wearing that for the sake of our mission. But what could I do. A mission is a mission. We were trained to put our life at risks for the missions. To place the importance of missions right above our lives. That’s what agents were trained to accomplish. That’s what makes us different from the other normal people.

The only thing I could do, however, was to make sure Nicole’s life would not be in danger. I’ll make sure that erted idiot wouldn’t lay his dirty hands on my Nicole.

---- End of Amber’s POV----