Chap 25

Broken and Mended

 

----Amber’s mansion----

“Krystal! I’m home! I’ve something for you!” Amber shouted excitedly as she hung her coat.

Amber settled herself onto her sofa as she placed a blue bag onto the table in front.

Seconds later, footsteps could be heard running down the wooden stairs.

Amber patted the space next to her when she saw Krystal walking over with a curious look.

“This is for you.” Amber smiled as she placed the blue bag on Krystal’s lap.

Krystal looked at the blue bag and then back to Amber, not knowing if she should open it right away.

“Open it.” Amber nodded her head at Krystal as if reading her mind.

Krystal nodded her head back and tugged a loose strand of hair behind her ear as her hand reached inside the bag.

Krystal bit her bottom lips and smiled as she wondered what could be inside the bag. Her hand touched something square and hard like a box.

Amber, on the other hand, were watching every move that Krystal makes, she couldn’t help but noticed just how beautiful Krystal looked, even with a simple action like tugging her hair back or biting her lips, can be this memorising..

“Stop being fickle minded here. Nicole is still lying in the infirmary and here you are, admiring at another woman???” sub-Amber scolded.

“Yah! This is not what you think! I’m merely happy that I found another vampire like Krystal!” Amber defended.

“Oh really??” sub-Amber questioned.

Amber ignored sub-Amber’s question as she focus her attention back at the younger girl.

“Wow...” Krystal stared at the gift as she took it out from the bag.

“Do you like it?” Amber asked nervously, eyeing at Krystal’s expression.

“It looks expensive..” Krystal suddenly looked at Amber with guilty eyes when she thought that it must cost Amber a bomb.

“Don’t worry. I’ve got this from a sale. So it’s not very expensive.” Amber lied, in truth, the new phone might cost a bomb but with Amber’s salary, it’s peanuts.

Upon hearing it, Krystal beamed a smile at Amber.

“Thanks Amber, I love it!” Krystal then lunged herself at Amber into a tight hug in delight.

Unfortunately, Amber was too absorb in Krystal’s smile to notice the hug coming, and they both fell off the sofa from the impact and landed on the floor with a loud thud.

“Owww..” Krystal groaned as her landed first and hard on the floor.

“Eh?? How come I don’t feel any pain?” Amber wondered as she slowly opened her eyes and realised that she was lying on top of Krystal who was groaning with pain with her eyes shut.

“Krystal, are you alright?” Amber asked with concern as she pushed herself up and began to check for injuries on Krystal.

“I’m okay. Sorry for getting too carried away.” Krystal apologised and lowered her head, not daring to look at Amber.

“It’s okay, Krystal. Come on, I’ll show you how to use your new phone.” Amber gently held Krystal’s hands and pulled her up, leading her back to the sofa.

“You can use the phone to send me text messages whenever you want, I’ll reply you whenever I can. I’ll try to call you during lunchtime, so that you won’t be too bored by yourself, okay?” Amber said.

Krystal immediately perked up when she heard Amber saying that she will call her. Truth to be told, whenever, Krystal woke up from her sleep, she always felt too intimidated by the huge empty mansion. So most of the time, she stayed in Amber’s room, trying to pass time till Amber is back from work.

“I’ll wait for your call.” Krystal shyly replied and started to play with the new phone.

“It’s getting late, let’s go to bed.” Amber held out her hand.

Krystal placed her hand onto Amber’s and they both walked towards the stairs.

“Wae?” Amber raised her brows when Krystal suddenly stopped walking.

“I-I’ll take the couch tonight. I know it’s making you having backache every morning.”

“I’m fine, Krystal. I’m starting to get used to the couch.” Amber assured Krystal. She knew Krystal was still frightened to sleep alone every night because of the nightmares she was having. Whenever Krystal is having nightmare and tossing about in the bed and whimpering, Amber would always jumped up from sleep and rushed to her side to calm her down and pat her back to sleep.

“I can’t help but feel bad to let you sleep in the small couch... you’ve already done so much for me..” Krystal hung her head down.

“Krystal, I’m really okay with sleeping on the couch. Believe me, I’ve slept on something so much worse than that. Besides, I’ll really feel bad if I ever let you sleep on the couch.” Amber bent her legs as she tried to look at Krystal.

“Why don’t you sleep together with me? The bed is big enough.” Krystal looked up at Amber expectedly, with her innocent eyes.

“EH?? To-together??” Amber’s eyes widen, stuttering a reply when a sudden image of her and Krystal lying closely together in bed flashed through her mind.

Amber immediately gave herself quick slaps to her cheeks to prevent her imaginations from going wilder.

“It-its okay, if it’s too much of a trouble...” Krystal’s voice dropped as she loosened her grip on Amber’s hand and slowly climbed up the stairs herself.

“... I must have hurt her.. She must think that she troubled me too much with all the gifts and requests.. After all that she has been through, she deserved to be happier!” Amber looked on as Krystal slowly climbed the stairs. Then something caught Amber’s eyes when she saw Krystal trembling slightly.

“Is.. is she crying? Oh me! What have you done, Amber Liu!” Amber flicked her own forehead in anger.

“It’s no trouble! I was just wondering if you got enough space on the bed for yourself.” Amber re-gripped Krystal’s hand tightly into her own and beamed a smile.

Krystal stopped climbing the stairs and looked at Amber with a puzzled look.

“Omo.. even with red watery eyes and pink nose, she still look so frigging adorable!! Arghh.. makes me wanna give her a tight hug and protect her from all the nasty things in the world.” Amber thought as she studied Krystal’s facial features.

“Wae?” Krystal asked when Amber didn’t response but just stared at her.

“Cos you sleep like this.” Amber broke the trance and chuckled as she spread her arms and legs apart like a starfish.

“Y-yah! I did not sleep like that..” Krystal punched Amber’s arms weakly as her face turned red.

“Oh yea? I’ve got evidence.” Amber continued to chuckle as she took out her phone and showed Krystal a picture of herself sleeping.

“Y-you took my photo when I was sleeping?....” Krystal’s eyes widen as she looked at the phone then to Amber’s face.

“.. now I looked like some erted old man.. how should I reply..” Amber bit her lips nervously, thinking of ways to come out with lame excuses while Krystal continued to stare at Amber.

“Cos you look too adorable.” Amber blurted out in panic and quickly placed a finger over her lips to stop herself from speaking further.

“Eh?” Krystal looked shocked at the response before her cheeks turned even redder than before. Amber’s cheeks started to burn intensely as well as they both looked at each other before turning away in embarrassment.

“Okay, this is awkward. Really awkward.” Amber covered her face with her hand.

“Sorry if it makes you uncomfortable. I-I’ll delete the photo now.” Amber began to fumble with her phone, trying to delete the photo away.

“I don’t mind...” Krystal replied shyly as she placed her hand in between Amber’s phone and her hands to stop Amber from deleting the photo.

“Let’s go to bed. You have work tomorrow.” Krystal boldly led the two towards the bedroom while Amber bit her lips shyly when she thought of sharing the same bed with the younger girl.

“I hope I’ll get some sleep tonight...” Amber placed her hand over her excited heart as they entered the dark bedroom together.

-----------------

Kryber moments in this chap :)

Been very busy recently thus the late update :(

Anyways, stay tune to chap 27~!