Chap 28

Broken and Mended

 

----Inton, 1pm----

“Guys, I think I might have a very valuable info regarding our mission. Can we meet at our usual meeting room at 1.30pm?” Amber announced.

“Yea… sure..” Taeyeon raised her brows as she answered and looking at Amber curiously. The rest of the girls had the same look as Taeyeon as they nodded their heads.

“Great.. See u all later. I’ve to make an important call.” Amber smiled a little before walking away from the group.

----

Amber frowned as she walked briskly to a corner where she knew people rarely walked pass that area.

“Since things have come to this stage, I’ve no choice but to let the team know of Krystal. I guess it’s for the team and Krystal’s best. Based on the current situation, it’s beyond my own power to handle things. *sigh*” This thought kept repeating in Amber’s mind as she picked up her pace.

Ensuring that no one was within the area, Amber fished out her mobile from her pocket and pressed the speed dial. Putting the phone to her ear, she patiently waited for the other party to pick up the phone.

“Hello? Amber?” A sweet voice with a hint of happiness answered the phone.

“Krys, I’ve something important to tell you. Listen carefully.” Amber whispered with a sense of urgency while at the same time keeping watch on her surroundings.

Amber then began to explain and tell Krystal about what Mr Min explained earlier on and what she intended to announce to her team members.

“It’s.. it’s them..  I heard The Boss speaking about some people from the government and all…” Krystal whispered softly, barely loud enough for Amber to hear but she did.

“Did you remember how The Boss looked like? And do you hear any names?” Amber asked in way that’s gentle and not forcing.

“No… I was blindfolded all the time except when they locked me up back into the cell for bedtime… Sorry..” Krystal answered and Amber could feel there were pain and sadness tones in her voice.

Amber mentally kicked herself for making Krystal feel this way but this has to be done in order to help Krystal and the team.

“It’s okay, Krys. You’re already very brave to answer my question. Listen, when I’m back later, let’s play your favourite game, twister, alright?” Amber tried to lighten the mood and change the subject.

“Okay! I’m gonna win this time!” Krystal answered.

Amber couldn’t help but smile when she thought of Krystal losing to her for the fifth time tonight, “Sure~ Okay I’ve to go, see you tonight. Remember to stay safe in the house, alright? Call me if you notice any suspicious persons or objects.”

“I will. I can’t wait to have you home.. Only you can make me feel safe.” Krystal replied before disconnecting the call without waiting for Amber’s reply.

Amber stared dumbly into the space in front of her as the last reply of Krystal’s kept replaying in her mind like a broken recorder.

“Damn….” Amber realized her heart was beating very fast ever since she heard Krystal’s last reply. Clearing , she regained her composure and walked briskly to the meeting room where her team members were waiting for her.

“Here we go…”

--------------------------------------------

Here's a short chap update for you all. I've been sick for the whole week, my body is full of meds :(

I hope the next update will be soon!

Thanks for the comments and not abandoning me here :)

Stay tune for chap 29!!