chap 20

Broken and Mended

 

----Exactly 1pm, Yuri’s desk----

Amber, Sooyoung and Yoona were the first to arrive at Yuri’s desk.

*Growl growl* Sooyoung grabbed her stomach in embarrassment.

“Aha.. sorry.. Why are Yuri and Jessica so slow?? I’m hungry already…” Sooyoung whined as she looked around for them.

“You ate 4 cheesecakes at the cafeteria, and now you’re complaining already?” Amber shook her head.

“3 and a half! I gave half to Yoona, you know.” Sooyoung stuck out her tongue playfully.

Yoona pulled a pack of chocolate biscuits out of her bag and passed it to Sooyoung. Sooyoung’s face immediately light up as she tore the packaging to shards.

“Let’s share!” Sooyoung and Yoona began to feed each other with the biscuits and giggles were heard every now and then.

Amber slumped into a nearby chair and began texting Narsha for Kim Shin Mo’s data.

For the past few hours, Sooyoung and Yoona were chatting non-stop about food and cooking, making Amber feeling like an outcast, trailing behind the two tall girls in silence.

Just when Amber was about to doze off in boredom, Yuri and gang arrived.

“Yah!! Jessica Jung! Why did you keep stepping on my toes??” Yuri asked with an upset tone.

“Told you, I missed my stepssssss” Jessica replied back with a monotone, her arms crossed against her chest.

“Well I can understand if you missed your steps two or three times but not every few minutes!!” Yuri cried as she sat down on the carpeted floor, rubbing her toes in pain.

Jessica, however, just continued to walk towards Sooyoung and gang, ignoring Yuri’s cries.

“Damn… now my toes are so swollen that I can’t even take off my shoes..” Yuri whined as she continued to massage her abused toes.

“What happened?” Amber whispered to Tiffany who stood there, not knowing what to do. Sooyoung and Yoona stopped feeding each other and looked at Tiffany.

“I don’t really know. Whenever, Yuri explained to me about something, Jessica could ‘missed’ her steps on Yuri… It’s been like this since we left the meeting room…” Tiffany whispered back, shrugging her shoulders.

“Sica in fury…..” Amber and Sooyoung said in unison then looked at Yuri with sympathy.

“I’m hungry. Let’s go for lunch.” Jessica said as she joined Amber and the rest, leaving Yuri behind.

“What about Yuri?” Amber asked timidly.

“Her?? Well.. she got her eyes full just now, I don’t think she is hungry. And don’t even think of helping her.” Jessica warned Sooyoung and Amber before shooting a deadly icy glare back at Yuri. Amber and Sooyoung just nodded their heads, not daring to reply.

----At TaeSooYulSic’s apartment----

“Yes, Mr Min. I’ll make an arrangement for the two new agents in my team. Thanks for the info. And, Sir, if it’s okay with you, I would like to report back to work tomorrow. Great! Thanks. Have a nice day, Sir.” Taeyeon flipped her phone shut after finishing her conversation.

“Ahhhhh..” Taeyeon stretched herself on her bed lazily before returning her gaze to her laptop.

Clicking on the email her boss sent her, she opened the document containing the two new agents’ information. Mr Min had asked her to re-arrange the team partners so that the new agents will adapt faster.

Resting her chin on her hand, Taeyeon scrolled through the pages.

“Hmm.. Im Yoona.. Black belt in Taekwondo, was an ace graduate in the academy for 2010, only female to score prefect for combat training… favourite hobby are.. food and cooking.. FOOD??!!” Taeyeon raised her eyebrows and then started giggling.

“Hehehe.. Sooyoung is so gonna love her. Hmm.. perhaps I should partner her up with Yoona then since team work and chemistry are important.” Taeyeon mumbled and continued to scroll through the pages.

“Tiffany Hwang Mi Young… black belt in Taekwondo.. graduated from the academy in US in 2010. Almost cracked her opponent skull with her kick at an annual Taekwondo event.. woah fierce! Hmm… nickname given during her academy years was eye-smile killer.. what the hell is that?? Killing people with her eye-smile? Hahaha that sounds ridiculous..” Taeyeon rolled her eyes as she let out a dorky laugh.

“Well, Sooyoung is my partner. Now I pair her up with Yoona, means I’ll pair up with this eye-smile killer. Jessica and Yuri will remain as partners, same for Amber and Nicole. Okay, set!” Taeyeon smiled and began to type an email to Mr Min about the new arrangement.

“Eye-smile killer, eh? Let’s see if you can kill me with it then.” Taeyeon smirk as she closed her laptop shut and flopped back to bed.

----Amber’s mansion----

A figure began to stir in the bed as she let out a tired yawn. Opening her eyes, she found herself alone in the room.

“Amber???” Krystal spoke out loud as she looked around the room.

Just when she was about to get off the bed, Krystal saw a blue note sticking on an alarm clock. Picking it up, she began to read.

Krystal,
I’m off to work. I’ve left a pack of blood in the fridge, remember to drink it all, okay? If you’re bored, I’ve a pile of DVDs in the living room, a stack of magazines under the coffee table and a Kinect connected to the TV. Just don’t leave the house until I’m home alright? If there’s any emergency, call my mobile at 9197635421.

Amber ^^(P.S. Don’t leave the house~)

Krystal smiled after reading the note. She then got out of the bed and went to help herself with the blood.

Feeling more energized, Krystal decided to take a bath. She smelled like a rubbish chute now. Wrinkling her nose, Krystal undressed herself as she prepared a tub of warm water.

Slowly, she stepped into the warm welcoming water. She rested her head on the tub as she enjoyed the warm water caressing her aching body. She couldn’t remember when was the last time she had a nice long bath… Hell.. she couldn’t remember anything at all except for the painful memories of the torture and experiment inflicted on her…

Krystal started to hug herself and shook her head in fright as those memories came flooding in her mind like tsunami.

Day after day of endless torture from those guys in suits…. All the sickening erted laughs from them as they whipped her hard while she tried hard to dodge. One of them even attempted to her while she was knocked out of exhaustion. But luckily, her vampiric senses warned her and she kicked the guy so hard in the groin that she heard a ‘pop’ sound and the guy fainted on the spot.

When she about to give up hope of being rescue and just give in to the tortures, Amber suddenly just came out of nowhere and rescued her. Bringing her to safety, taking care of her and giving her a shelter. Amber even promised to protect her even though they knew nothing about each other..  It was as if she was dreaming..

Krystal immediately pinched herself hard in the arm. Thinking that it was all a dream and she would woke up in the dark smelly room again.

“Owww.” Krystal rubbed the red spot and choked out a laugh when she still found herself soaking in the bathtub.

“Amber... you’re real…” Krystal whispered, tears of joy and relief rolled down from her face, a small crept up her face as she rubbed her tears away.

------------------------------------------

wow it's chap 20 already. anyways, i'm planning to make this a 50 chaps fic if nothing goes wrong lol

thanks for the comments!

stay tune for chap 21~ :D