Chap 33

Broken and Mended

----Somewhere, in an underground lab----

“We should tell BOSS about this finding.” Minho said smiling widely, excitement could be felt in his voice.

Siwon nodded as he took out his mobile and press on the speed dial.

“Sir, Siwon here. We found something that will be of interest for you.” Siwon said as he scanned through the report in his hand.

“We found another hair sample in the scene and the biological structure is similar to that of Krystal’s. It means there was another vampire in the room.” Siwon smiled as he could hear the man on the line breathing louder. Obviously very excited over this finding. Then a hair-raising laughter could be heard.

“Good! GOOD! I want all units to stop all their current work and turn their focus on this! I want Krystal and this unknown person captured ALIVE! Relay my instructions down immediately.”

“Yes, sir.”

----Amber’s house----

 “Alright guys, we need to get down to business.” Amber turned serious after explaining to the gang about her lifestyle and continued, “Krystal was captured by Kim Shin Mo and was being subjected to various tests… I believe the purpose is something bigger and of an evil nature.”

Krystal’s face turned pale as she sat down on the couch as her legs weaken slightly upon recalling the horrible events.

“So far our intellect turned out nothing. Kim Shin Mo seems to vanish without a trace. It seems that there is a powerful force backing this whole thing up.” Taeyeon said, frowning in the process.

“I think it will be safer if we stay together from now on till we get a better idea of the whole thing?” Nicole suggested as she began to slowly understand what was going on.

“Nicole’s right. We need to centralize our strength instead of dispersing into few areas.” Yuri added.

“Hmmmm… we need to bring Tiffany in as well.” Taeyeon said calmy.

Everyone looked at her, “why?”

“She’s having some personal problem and she’s actually staying with me now.” Taeyeon reluctantly spilled out as she knew Tiffany will be in danger if left alone when her ing ex is stalking her.

Sooyoung pouted, “Now all of you are being couples except Amber who is having a , I’ll be the odd one out! I want Yoona here too! Here, here, here!” Sooyoung was jumping up and down childishly.

Amber was staring dangerously at Sooyoung while the taller girl was avoiding her stare by continuing acting cute in front of the others.

“Alright. Let’s bring the whole team here then. We’ll brief them the details, leaving out the vampires part. Do you have enough rooms for us, Amber?” Taeyeon asked.

“Let’s see… I have 1..2….3..4 rooms in my house. So it means-“ Amber was cut off.

“Right… Me and Jessica will take 1 room. Taeyeon and Tiffany take one. Sooyoung and Yoona take another one. Amber, Nicole and Krystal will take Amber’s room.” Yuri said as a matter of fact and Taeyeon and Sooyoung and Jessica nodded earnestly in agreement, without giving Amber a chance to disagree as NOBODY wanted to be part of the triangle relationship.

“I don’t think-“Amber was cut off again.

“Okay, Amber. See you later. We’ll go back and packed our stuff and will be here by 12 midnight.” Taeyeon said as she looked at her watch then waved at SooYulSic to leave.

“Taeyeon, I hav-“ Amber was cut off again as the door slammed  shut.

“ my life….” Amber thought as she could feel 2 pairs of eyes staring at her back once again.

----Tiffany’s POV----

Clutching my bag and dragging my suitcase, I walked rapidly down the street to Taeyeon’s house. I have got a call from Taeyeon earlier, asking me to pack light and meet her at her house ASAP. I didn’t ask further as she abruptly ended the call.

The weather is turning cold as winter is approaching, I should have worn a thicker jacket but my mind was focus on Taeyeon’s instructions – to pack light and ASAP.

Walking as fast as I could, I kept my ears and eyes alert to any weird and sudden noise/movement. Ever since that incident, I began to be paranoid about strangers especially when I am alone.

OK, I am reaching soon! I thought to myself as I walked even faster. Just 1 more block away!

Just as I was turning to the right of the street, I felt a strong hand grabbed onto me.

That’s when I lost it! I began to scream and try to kick and punch the person grabbing me. Images of him began to flood my brain like a broken dam.

“stop! Tiffany… it’s me.. Tiffany!” A gentle firm yet soft voice spoke.

I stopped my assault and moved my eyeballs to the voice.

Is that an angel??? Was what my brain coughed out as I stared at Taeyeon who had orange glow around her, looking at me worriedly, both hands grabbing my own. Later I found out the glow was actually the light from the nearby streetlamp, almost LOL-ed at myself for being so silly.

“Tae!” I hugged the smaller girl and my tears can’t stop flowing as I began to cry my earlier fear out. I buried my face into her warm neck.

I felt her stiffer at first, then later hugged me back and her hand was my back.

“Come, let’s go, the girls are waiting in the van just ahead.” Taeyeon’s gentle voice echoed into my ears.

But I was too scared to let her go, “Can you let me hug you while we walk to the van?” I looked at her with my watery eyes, totally unaware the effect I had on her.

Taeyeon stared at me blushing while holding her breath. Her eyes darted to my lips which was very close to her but immediately returned back to my eyes, regain her composure, motioned to someone in the van to take care of my luggage.

Holding me tightly, I leaned my whole body to her as she guided me to the vehicle. My heart was pounding crazily hard in my chest as I realized the close proximity we have. I sneaked a few peeks at her serious yet beautiful face. It makes my heart pound even harder,  I pushed my face even deeper against her neck. My face was instantly warmed up by her. I realized for the first time since that incident, I felt so secure, protected and most importantly at ease.

Kim Taeyeon… what is this I am feeling? No, wrong… Whatever I am feeling, I don’t want it to stop.

Kim Taeyeon… do you realize you make me feel so safe and protected? Something that I haven’t felt for years. I want to be by your side 24/7… I hope you do too.

I was still resting against her even when we were inside the van.

I don’t wanna let you go, Kim Taeyeon.

----Somewhere dark, near the van----

A dark figure was standing and watching everything that happened a while ago.

“Tiff-fany… I found you… You’ll not get away this time, you belongs to me.”

He took out his phone and began texting:

Help me locate this van’s location, license plate SRX8547. Thanks, I owe you a drink.